What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Would think Wallace or Williams is done then.

Townsend is the latest rumour. Him and John the halfbacks. Capewell as backup.

Yeah has quotes from Brown so you would think it's pretty much a done deal. Though ESL deals take longer as overseas quotas etc can take some sorting

Townsend is the latest rumour. Him and John the halfbacks. Capewell as backup.

Yeah has quotes from Brown so you would think it's pretty much a done deal. Though ESL deals take longer as overseas quotas etc can take some sorting

Was capewell playing half or 5/8 in QLD ? I thought he was a 5/8.

Also , where are the Townsend rumours coming from?

Last edited:
He was 7 in QLD Cup but at Souths and GC a 6. So not really sure where he is suited to more. Was 7 for Windsor. Humble's back this week so I guess we will see where he plays

He debuted at fullback for souths I'm pretty sure.

I don't see him as a genuine halfback in the NRL , but you never know.

maple_69

Bench
If we snared Townsend we'd have either himself or John for halfback and Capewell, Humble, Coote or Soward as 5/8 options.
Whats the rumour on Townsend?

hitman82

Bench
Hopefully John continues as a first grade half as long as his form holds. Would hate to see him discarded like he was at the Warriors - wouldn't mind him back now tbh

franklin2323

Immortal
Hopefully John continues as a first grade half as long as his form holds. Would hate to see him discarded like he was at the Warriors - wouldn't mind him back now tbh

Yeah it won't happen. If we had a Shaun Johnson type waiting. We wouldn't of gone so hard for JT

franklin2323

Immortal
If we snared Townsend we'd have either himself or John for halfback and Capewell, Humble, Coote or Soward as 5/8 options.
Whats the rumour on Townsend?

He's waiting on the final offer from the Sharks before signing. I would assume it's why we haven't let go of Walsh offically yet

Nugget10

Juniors
It has just been announced on Facebook that Luke Walsh has been officially released and will leave at the end of the 2013 season

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news-display/Panthers-release-Luke-Walsh/75834

The Penrith Panthers can confirm that halfback Luke Walsh will be released from the club at the end of season 2013.

After four years at Penrith, Luke and his young family will head to England, where he’ll play for St. Helen’s in the Super Rugby League competition.

Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil Moss said “Luke has made a wonderful contribution to the Panthers and will always be a highly valued member of our club. We wish Luke and his family all the best as they start their new life in England.”

Out of respect for Luke and St. Helen’s, the Panthers will make no further comment at this time.

maple_69

Bench
Although Walsh and the team are playing great at the moment, it would have been fantastic if it was a mid season transfer with Townsend/Keary/Williams or whoever its going to be coming in so we can get a head start on winning the 2014 premiership. Hopefully this announcement means our next signing is imminent.

Best of luck to Walshy. He has the talent to be a very good half but has never realised it. I think he'll kill it over there and hopefully hes on good coin. While he was much maligned, one thing I respect was he never carried on trying to drum up his price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts