What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't be against it. Gets us an extra 6months development head start. John/Soward works better then Walsh/John the only issue is how long it would take to get Soward up to speed with a new team.

Abacus

Juniors
"If you're not going forwards, you're going backwards." If we have cap space (keeping in mind that if Soward is added to our 2nd tier it may prevent further debuts from our juniors) then sure, we should get him prior to 30 June. However my preference is to blood any players we see being part of our 2014 & 2015 campaigns. We already know Soward can handle the NRL.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
I wouldn't mind he doesn't have to play first week with us, he could train for couple of weeks then be put into the team. John/Soward would be my choice for sure, they could release Walsh early if he wanted to go as well.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't mind he doesn't have to play first week with us, he could train for couple of weeks then be put into the team. John/Soward would be my choice for sure, they could release Walsh early if he wanted to go as well.

Walsh release could be hard as St Helens have their imports full. Though we could pay him and say you are free to go. Get him now don't play him til after the next bye

chrisD

Coach
im sure plum deserves the contract upgrade but im wondering why the club would upgrade his contract mid season which finishes at the end of this season. Is it to help with the salary cap for next season ?

To keep him on friendly terms to try and resign him. To set an example, play well, bust your ass and improve and the club will give you what you deserve. A bit of good PR on the players front couldn't hurt after all the hard yards (all completely necessary but none the less) Gould and Cleary have been doing has made them appear somewhat callous.

I really hope he's playing for us next year, even with the additions I'd have him in on the bench in our top 17.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
Yeah i would be giving Plum a one year contract if he wants to continue playing. He would still be in our top 17 imo and very handy if we have any injuries. Rather him given a contract than Newton has anybody noticed how slow Clint moves these days. No longer up to first grade standard

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah i would be giving Plum a one year contract if he wants to continue playing. He would still be in our top 17 imo and very handy if we have any injuries. Rather him given a contract than Newton has anybody noticed how slow Clint moves these days. No longer up to first grade standard

Newton's was told his gone before the PArra game. Will stay in the marketing team though

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Jamie Soward has been given time off to think about his future. If he doesn't play all year could be terrible. I say get him in now and at least play with Windsor

franklin2323

Immortal
Jamie Soward has been given time off to think about his future. If he doesn't play all year could be terrible. I say get him in now and at least play with Windsor

Yeah get him and go from there. Has played so that's something just need to get used to the players and that

If that's the case we have no option but to push for an early release.

He needs to be playing football.

Seems there are some serious divisions between him & price.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
I think its silly He scored most of their points and only player who cares. Also I noticed mainly players didnt pass him the ball. If they keep going like this than I think they should get the sppon within 2 years

Dogs Of War

Coach
If anything not playing would see him come back keen as mustard to prove himself. As long as he keeps himself in shape.

betcats

Referee
It's why we are better off giving him a contract to ensure he keeps in shape. Don't have to play him

Yeah I bet Jaime would love that, being made to train and not being allowed to play, it would be good for his fragile confidence too im sure.

He is the Dragons problem for the rest of the year, Maybe they get him playing well again before the season is out and maybe they dont, but I don't see much benefit for us from taking him midseason. We would then have to get him comfortable in our side and try to get him in some form again, by time that happens the season will be over. Leave him there and by the end of the year he will be dieing to get out to Penrith.

A new club with other new recruits coming in and a proper offseason with us is more likely to get him playing well then getting him midseason and dumping him is Reggies or even FG imo.

Also I love watching the dragons come apart at the seams, could watch this all year easily.

soc123_au

Staff member
Getting Soward now couldn't possibly be a bad thing. I wouldn't automaticly chuck him straight into first grade, but an injury now to John or Walsh & we are looking very skinny in the halves.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah I bet Jaime would love that, being made to train and not being allowed to play, it would be good for his fragile confidence too im sure.

He is the Dragons problem for the rest of the year, Maybe they get him playing well again before the season is out and maybe they dont, but I don't see much benefit for us from taking him midseason. We would then have to get him comfortable in our side and try to get him in some form again, by time that happens the season will be over. Leave him there and by the end of the year he will be dieing to get out to Penrith.

A new club with other new recruits coming in and a proper offseason with us is more likely to get him playing well then getting him midseason and dumping him is Reggies or even FG imo.

Also I love watching the dragons come apart at the seams, could watch this all year easily.

The problem is though if they cut him free. 6 months of sitting on the lounge eating Maccas and drinking beer will get him right to go wont it?

Better him either training a few sessions a week worse case he is fit to go. If it goes well play him though as a half it will be hard to come straight in and go well

Abacus

Juniors
Getting Soward now, & assuming he goes into our 2nd tier cap may mean we are unable to debut Cartwright & any other non-top 25 players. Is he worth it?

Getting Soward now, & assuming he goes into our 2nd tier cap may mean we are unable to debut Cartwright & any other non-top 25 players. Is he worth it?

I'm assuming the dragons would carry most of his cap burden.

Also consider he's already been paid for half the year.

So wouldn't that mean we'd only be taking on a percentage of half his contract under the cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts