What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Each club provides their provisional Top 25 to the NRL by 1 March. The club submits their final salary cap calculations (actual payments) at the end of the season. The NRL then audits the club's records to verify what the players have actually been paid. Didn't the minimum wage increase to $75k or so for 2013? Anyway it's the players total payments that determine whether they rank in the Top 25 salary cap or not. Players on minimum wage would usually also receive NRL match payments.

Provisional being the key word. We released Weston others such as Latimore have played less games then were budgeted for. There is ways to move things around. Either way the key will be getting Dragons to pay close to 100% so we are left with not much to pay.

betcats

Referee
As long as he gets his money they can pay him & not play him that is fine. Whether we get him or not he needs to stay in some type of NRL condition. Confidence can come once he's here. You don't want to spend the pre season getting him up to speed.

Yeah they wont do this though, maybe for a feew days or a week while they try to convince us to take their problem child. It just a big distraction that we dont need this year, especially now things are going well.

If they pay him and not let him play or train even for reserves then maybe we should look at it but i realluy don't think they will do that.

Anyway back on to topic. Wallace was very terrible last night hopefully he stays away for good

I honestly hope that the $500k per season, that was reportedly being offered to Wallace, was just a media beat-up.

I actually don't mind if Wallace returns, but not at that price!

And what about Keary? He had a good game on Fri night and I remember Red&Black Bear saying that he's available since he won't get a look in at Souths with Reynolds ahead of him

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah they wont do this though, maybe for a feew days or a week while they try to convince us to take their problem child. It just a big distraction that we dont need this year, especially now things are going well.

If they pay him and not let him play or train even for reserves then maybe we should look at it but i realluy don't think they will do that.

That's fine. Training is the key even if he is in the Cutters he will come to us fired up for the new season but wont be overweight which means he can do more ball work rather then fitness early in the off season

franklin2323

Immortal
I honestly hope that the $500k per season, that was reportedly being offered to Wallace, was just a media beat-up.

I actually don't mind if Wallace returns, but not at that price!

And what about Keary? He had a good game on Fri night and I remember Red&Black Bear saying that he's available since he won't get a look in at Souths with Reynolds ahead of him

Keary is an actual half like we need we should make a play for him but don't think Souths will let him go

meek

Juniors
Anyway back on to topic. Wallace was very terrible last night hopefully he stays away for good

So true absolutely useless -
terrible at dummy half - terrible at half
Geez if we resign him - our brains trust must be mad

As ive been saying for a while - NO creatavity None zilch

can tackle thats it - persoanlly i think the broncs will not improve until they get rid of that buffoon - hopefully n ot our way ---

abpanther

Staff member
Gould just tweeted that another player has been re-signed, announcement coming

Who could it be? John?

If they push hard to lose other players so either way we get him or it weakens them win win imo

I know some souths fans seem to think Sutton will move to lock to accommodate Keary.

But IMO that's crazy talk. Sutton is playing the best footy of his life and souths are on top of the table. Why would you mess with your spine in those circumstances?

franklin2323

Immortal
I know some souths fans seem to think Sutton will move to lock to accommodate Keary.

But IMO that's crazy talk. Sutton is playing the best footy of his life and souths are on top of the table. Why would you mess with your spine in those circumstances?

That's why I think we can get him we need halves so not hard to sell the club to him

mxlegend99

Referee
I disagree. It's terrible news. I actually swore in disgust when I received that email. Like Walsh his improvement in form comes when playing for a new contract. Now we're going to have another 2 years of a fringe first grader hogging a spot in our team.

Ever since he has been here we have had better wingers waiting in lower grades for a shot at first grade and only ever getting a shot through injury. But he's never the one injured so his spot in the team is basically guaranteed. Meanwhile the better players who get injured for some reason have to earn their place in the team.

franklin2323

Immortal
I disagree. It's terrible news. I actually swore in disgust when I received that email. Like Walsh his improvement in form comes when playing for a new contract. Now we're going to have another 2 years of a fringe first grader hogging a spot in our team.

Ever since he has been here we have had better wingers waiting in lower grades for a shot at first grade and only ever getting a shot through injury. But he's never the one injured so his spot in the team is basically guaranteed. Meanwhile the better players who get injured for some reason have to earn their place in the team.

Yep. I agree watch him go back to the same old rubbish now his signed same with Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts