What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm not fussed with it tbh.

He's at worst a depth player in case of injuries.

He's at best what he is now.

I can deal with that. Plus it definitely didn't break the bank.

It's not the best news.

I'd prefer to see youngsters given a go on the wing.

Hopefully for our sake he doesn't hold back younger & quicker players.

Robinson for instance has that X factor a winger needs. His defence needs work for sure , but his try scoring ability outweighs his defence IMO.

I'm not fussed with it tbh.

He's at worst a depth player in case of injuries.

He's at best what he is now.

I can deal with that. Plus it definitely didn't break the bank.

The major problem is of he's taking the place of someone younger & more dynamic.

He's a good honest winger and if he's just used for depth that's fine.

But if the coach decides to play it safe by selecting him on the wing in front of Robinson that would be a mistake.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It's a good re-signing, he's a cheap reliable guy.

I don't think he'll take Robinsons or Mansours spots next season.

Only time will tell, he's playing pretty well at the moment.

Doomednow

Bench
I think he can be more than a "good honest winger". His form has been pretty exceptional recently. There's a decent chance he was either playing for a contract or was just looking great because the rest of the team was also playing great but he did have some fantastic individual efforts. Let's give him a chance to see if he can keep that up.

I know some people are desperate for Mansour to fit back in, but you can't boot a guy in the form Simmons has found recently, and nothing about his current game suggests he will slip back into average form - I mean it's not like his efforts have been pure luck (though I'll grant it might be related to attitude).

Is it just me or does it seem like we are spreading the ball out to the sides more recently? Maybe he just needed more opportunities.

BOMAR

Juniors
Austin is 1 ??? hes signed for 2014 with an option for 2015
There are some very strong rumours doing the rounds that he will not be offered a contract at the end of the year. If true it would be nice to hear it from the club. I hope it isn't true, it would suck big time.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Austin isn't wanted i would love to know why. He has never been given a proper chance in first grade. Despite absolutely killing it for Windsor and our halves in first grade being pure shit at the time. Likewise with Ciraldo and Smith being the first choice for lock at the time.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not Austin, Gould has made it clear that Blake is very much in the clubs plans.

Western Weekender says different. They are a free newspaper so unlike the Telegraph have no need to make up stories to sell papers. Someone has clearly told them otherwise

betcats

Referee
Newton is one.

I am happy with the Simmons re-signing, he easily deserved it, and if he keeps playing the way he has been then I think he should keep being the first winger getting picked.

BOMAR

Juniors
while I agree segyaro has a lot more to offer than Kingston, I think the lack of depth in the hooker spot would have been enough to keep Kingston for another year. We have had to play simpkins there in the past, to cover. As for Austin he played four games for Windsor, was mom in all four, he was top three in point scorers, try scorers and 321's, find it hard to belive he will not be wanted.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Western Weekender says different. They are a free newspaper so unlike the Telegraph have no need to make up stories to sell papers. Someone has clearly told them otherwise

Gus has said a few times now that if not for injury Blake would have been playing first grade by now and he sees him being a regular first grader for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.