What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherpuddy

Juniors
All rumours til it's offically announced but it's doing the rounds. The City v Country weekend. 5 that played v Parra were told we would look elsewhere before possibly re-signing them so best to look elsewhere.

Kingston,
Walsh ( Not off contract but will get released)
Newton
Simmons
Smith

Ciraldo was told but was injured so. Since then Simmons and Walsh have stepped up but Kingston's has been confirmed

Looks like they changed their mind on simmons or the rumour was not accurate

franklin2323

Immortal
Looks like they changed their mind on simmons or the rumour was not accurate

Maybe they were talking to an outside back elsewhere in it fell through. Who knows pretty much the statement on Kingston was the same for all. Never said they were gone just unlikely

Big Mick

Referee
If Austin isn't wanted i would love to know why. He has never been given a proper chance in first grade. Despite absolutely killing it for Windsor and our halves in first grade being pure shit at the time. Likewise with Ciraldo and Smith being the first choice for lock at the time.

Where would you play him in 2014?

The forward pack is pretty much locked up with Taylor or Docker being the starting lock.

With Roberts and Whare the centres are pretty much locked up.

With Soward as one half and then John and a new signing potentially, that is the halves.

It could be that Austin doesn't want the club to exercise the option for 2014 so he could explore opportunities elsewhere.

For me I'd obviously like to keep him, but I can't really find a position for him unless he plays as a utility off the bench.

Big Mick

Referee
while I agree segyaro has a lot more to offer than Kingston, I think the lack of depth in the hooker spot would have been enough to keep Kingston for another year. We have had to play simpkins there in the past, to cover. As for Austin he played four games for Windsor, was mom in all four, he was top three in point scorers, try scorers and 321's, find it hard to belive he will not be wanted.

Not sure what you mean by a lack of depth?

Starting Hooker - Segeyaro
Back up Hooker - Daniel Foster
Developing Hooker - Keiran Moseley
Capable of playing hooker - Lewis Brown, Elijah Taylor, Tom Humble, Luke Capewell, Ryan Simpkins (If Re-signed)

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Where would you play him in 2014?

The forward pack is pretty much locked up with Taylor or Docker being the starting lock.

With Roberts and Whare the centres are pretty much locked up.

With Soward as one half and then John and a new signing potentially, that is the halves.

It could be that Austin doesn't want the club to exercise the option for 2014 so he could explore opportunities elsewhere.

For me I'd obviously like to keep him, but I can't really find a position for him unless he plays as a utility off the bench.

Utility off the Bench.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm agreeing with ya Big Fella, I can't see any other option, unless we pick up a few injuries.

If we let him go I'd be pissed tbh. I'd really like to keep him. But that is also me being selfish and wanting to retain him instead of thinking what he'd likely want as well.

To be honest I hope we exercise the option and then make a decision on him next year.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If we let him go I'd be pissed tbh. I'd really like to keep him. But that is also me being selfish and wanting to retain him instead of thinking what he'd likely want as well.

To be honest I hope we exercise the option and then make a decision on him next year.

Agreed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.