What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sime_11

Juniors
apparently Soward off contract at end of year & he thinks that Draggys will go with younger halves of drinkwater & kyle stanley.

if he was released by dragons, should the Panthers make a crack at him?

age.s

First Grade
We could do worse than Soward, our current halves for example. I think people underrate him because he comes across as a tool.

maple_69

Bench
Don't understand the hate for Soward unless it's based purely on him being a bit of a douchebag.
He's led a team to a premiership recently and is so much better than anything we have. Would prefer Carney/Johnson etc but Soward would be a massive improvement.

betcats

Referee
Soward is a much better half then Walsh when he is playing well. Sadly he has only ever consistently shown that form under Bennet. When coached by anyone else his good games have been almost as rare as Walsh's. I would happily take him....for the right price.

Big Mick

Referee
Just remember that for the last year and a bit his forward pack has been pathetic and outmuscled.

When he has a good pack behind him he has been pretty good!

So if he comes at the right price...I'd be all for it.

Steve05

Juniors
I'm not one to star rumours but I heard on the big sports breakfast this morning the back end of a rumour that Gordon could end up back at penrith. Did anyone else hear this as I'd like to know more, I searched today and couldn't find anything on it.
I would assume it will rely on the whole asada issue.... If anyone can shed some light on this please do.

Panfas

Juniors
1. Gordon
6. Soward
7. Johnson
9. Segeyaro

That is a very attack-centric spine. Not sure on the defence honestly. But I like it

Big Mick

Referee
At least it'd be fun.

If we can manage to get Johnson....damn...Segeyaro and him together...we'd be fun to watch.

Panfas

Juniors
to go a bit further (with no Gordon)

1. Roberts
2. Nabuli
3. Whare
4. ??
5. Mansour
6. Soward
7. Johnson
8. Grant
9. Segeyaro
10. McKendry
11. Manu
12. Brown
13. Taylor
14. Robinson
Take your pick for the rest. A very skillful side

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I think we have resigned to the fact we aren't going to land a big name 6 or 7 for 2014.

Expecting us to go hard for Johnson in 2015 though. He played his best footy under Cleary.

HankScorpio

Juniors
I'm not one to star rumours but I heard on the big sports breakfast this morning the back end of a rumour that Gordon could end up back at penrith. Did anyone else hear this as I'd like to know more, I searched today and couldn't find anything on it.
I would assume it will rely on the whole asada issue.... If anyone can shed some light on this please do.

Would take him back in a heart beat.

Big Mick

Referee
I think we have resigned to the fact we aren't going to land a big name 6 or 7 for 2014.

Expecting us to go hard for Johnson in 2015 though. He played his best footy under Cleary.

Daz...how far away you reckon Toby Evans and Sam Scarlett are away from FG? Like 2015?

Maybe a 6.Evans/Scarlett 7. Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.