What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Daz...how far away you reckon Toby Evans and Sam Scarlett are away from FG? Like 2015?

Maybe a 6.Evans/Scarlett 7. Johnson?

Probably can't answer it at the moment because I need to see more from them. When they get back from injury and start putting together consistent performances week in and week out I will know more.

Speaking of Scarlett, he is rated very highly at the club and my mail is he will ink a new contract extension soon.

Other players in the 20's squad to be extended too.

age.s

First Grade
Soward doesn't run it either. He is no better then Walsh and cost a heap more.

He is a fair bit better than Walsh though. His kicking game is far better, particularly long kicking as well as having a better passing game.

You're right though, it will come down to price. He's not worth an enormous contract. He's not overhyped though so I wouldn't have thought he'd be too expensive.

I'd like to think we're going to get another half option for 2014. There are a couple of decent halves off contract that would be worth looking at for the right price (Carney, Soward, Hodkinson, Townsend, Williams).

franklin2323

Immortal
He is a fair bit better than Walsh though. His kicking game is far better, particularly long kicking as well as having a better passing game.

You're right though, it will come down to price. He's not worth an enormous contract. He's not overhyped though so I wouldn't have thought he'd be too expensive.

I'd like to think we're going to get another half option for 2014. There are a couple of decent halves off contract that would be worth looking at for the right price (Carney, Soward, Hodkinson, Townsend, Williams).

How many Premiership winning halves are going around? That will add an extra 100k to any deal.

I don't think we will. Just re-sign the kids and go after quality where we can like Folau and Hopoate if he pulls out of Parra.

We have Coote and Walsh on contract til 2015. That will force our hand aside from the real quality which no one is left

age.s

First Grade
How many Premiership winning halves are going around? That will add an extra 100k to any deal.

Demand is what inflates prices. Soward's manager can (and probably will) talk about premierships until he's blue in the face, but if no club thinks he's worth that extra 100k he won't get it. Most people attribute that premiership to Bennett more than they do any one player.

I might be wrong but I think generally people underrate Soward, and there's always an opportunity for a bargain when that's the case.

Big Mick

Referee
I would hope so but I doubt Souths would let him go.

God I hope we get him but.

If we can't attract an established half at least take a risk on a great young one.

maple_69

Bench
As well as their halves are going right now, I imagine they'll shift Sutton to lock before they let Keary go. I think that will happen next year.

Would be great obviously though.

franklin2323

Immortal
I might be wrong but I think generally people underrate Soward, and there's always an opportunity for a bargain when that's the case.

I don't think we need to get in a bidding war over halves unless we know they are quality

Coote looked handy, Humble the same. Austin we know what he can do. Then Walsh for 2 more seasons. I don't know anyone that rates him except Ivan & Gus' so I can't see us releasing him.

I think he will stay. I watched the garbage they have in NSW Cup. Anyone that shows something they will keep. We don't know what he's on now. I assume he will ask $400k.

Without knowing what he's on now it's hard to know if that means he will stay. Half that I would take him.

Sime_11

Juniors
Campese is back for raiders this, if he fires, mccrone or williams will have their work cut out tryin to get another contract.

mccrone wont come back to penrith, any chance of getting Williams?

Copperhead

Juniors
Heard Dugan has signed with the Saints, and Evander Cummins released. We're not short of fullbacks, but he is electrifying.
Played 16 matches last year, made 36 line breaks, and busted 192 tackles, the most of any NYC player in both categories.

Last edited:
Michael Morgan staying with the Cowboys. Another one off the list.

Interesting, what's Ray Thompson's contractual situation? Surely having Morgan, Thompson and Lui is one half too many (not that you can have too many honestly). Thompson if off contract would be a very handy pick up! What's Keary's situation? He is playing great footy for Norths! Walker and Keary would be awesome pick up's. I endorse any Norths player who signs with Panthers. :)

Galeforce

Bench
Interesting, what's Ray Thompson's contractual situation? Surely having Morgan, Thompson and Lui is one half too many (not that you can have too many honestly). Thompson if off contract would be a very handy pick up! What's Keary's situation? He is playing great footy for Norths! Walker and Keary would be awesome pick up's. I endorse any Norths player who signs with Panthers. :)

Hey, RED&Blackbear,
who are u to endorse Souths players signing with anyone , you dope.
Be thankfull you have Souths players playing for your club , instead of wishing them away , as they are too good for the Bears. Who is the last BEar developed player that has shone for Souths ?? Yes focus on that , else i for one look forward to the day we caste your pub team away.

Keary may sign for another club if Souths cannot develop a position for him this year. He will not be cheap. As for Walker he is 18 and will develop into a great centre or pivot and only a stupid Norths supporter would be wishing him to join anyone else , you drunk dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.