What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
LOL bitching and moaning about Walsh...and we sign second best FA available in Soward and we'll still shit on it anyway. Not necessarily HERE, but everywhere on social media. I mean, FMD what do we want? Thurston has re-signed...

What about this scenario.

1. Moylan
6. Austin
7. Soward
9. Segeyaro
14. Coote

Or alternatively swap Coote and Austin.

Soward has won a comp. Is an excellent field goal kicker...sometimes too much. He has a great kicking game and also a left footed kicker as Austin has pointed out on Twitter as an advantage. He takes the line on and is a good passer. AND a goal kicker. And most importantly he isn't Walsh.

Last edited:
I don't mind the Soward signing. But he isn't a half back IMO.

He's a running 5/8 , old school.

Signing him and carney would make even less sense. They're both runners.

LOL bitching and moaning about Walsh...and we sign second best FA available in Soward and we'll still shit on it. What do we want? Thurston has re-signed...you want to keep Walsh ffs.

1. Moylan
6. Austin
7. Soward
9. Segeyaro
14. Coote

Soward has won a comp. Is an excellent field goal kicker...sometimes too much. He has a great kicking game and also a left footed kicker as Austin has pointed out on Twitter as an advantage. He takes the line on and is a good passer. AND a goal kicker. And most importantly he isn't Walsh.

I don't mind the singing.

But he isn't the second best FA available.

Carney and widdop would both have to be in front of him.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Agree with you Big Mick, Soward will be good behind a strong pack that gives him room to use the ball and to utilise his good kicking skills. I am happy we are signing players at the start of the season and not waiting for the dregs any more. Now if Carney comes as well.....Well done Panthers IMO.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
LOL bitching and moaning about Walsh...and we sign second best FA available in Soward and we'll still shit on it anyway. Not necessarily HERE, but everywhere on social media. I mean, FMD what do we want? Thurston has re-signed...

1. Moylan
6. Austin
7. Soward
9. Segeyaro
14. Coote

I like

1. Moyland
6. Coote
7. Soward
9. Segeyaro
13. Austin

14. Humble

I would doubt Widdop is in front of him.

A) Only been in the grade a couple of years
B) Severe doubts how he would go without the Big 3.

Yeah , but I think youth trumps that.

And any English player that can make it in the NRL at his age has got something. With or without the big 3.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind the Soward signing. It's a good one.

But we still need a half back.

With sowards experience I'd love to see us go out and get a youngster to partner with him. Sam Williams , Luke Keary etc.

I don't want carney now. He's to similar a player to Soward IMO.

Big Mick

Referee
Fair call mate. It is very subjective.

I would love to see us go after a Williams or Keary now as well instead of Carney...to me they offer more long term than Carney would.

Sime_11

Juniors
would you move coote back to fullback? I wouldnt mind it, I liked coote at FB
soward & williams would be a good pairing

if coote was moved back to FB id like to see

1.Coote
6.Soward
7. Williams
9. Segeyaro

austin at lock as well.

hopefully st george get the dirts with soward and release him immediately lol

Nah , coote doesn't have the X factor needed at fullback.

You need a game breaker , someone who can rack up the meters.

Personally I like the idea of Roberts at fullback long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts