What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
Those figures are all incorrect.

Im told the Warriors off was closer to 1mil. Dont know if it was NZ or AUS $.

Dragons was $800k.

We have matched it. Dont know how the 3rd party deals work out.

FWIW, I am told that you guys never formally submitted an offer to TC, as you were met with a "don't bother"

cb4

First Grade
Again, I disagree.

Our debt now stands at 3.2 million. Yours is around 30.

We have the development that has secured our future.

We have 2 of the best in the business running our club in Cullen and Noyce.

The ASADA thing is the only part of the club that is shakey, but we will still be in the NRL next year and beyong.

There are way more teams in the NRL in worse position than us. You guys are one of them.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Again, I disagree.

The ASADA thing is the only part of the club that is shakey, but we will still be in the NRL next year and beyong.

There are way more teams in the NRL in worse position than us. You guys are one of them.

Your wrong. Debt in control. Penrith's Future development makes the cronulla one look 2nd rate. Plus you cant go wrong with James Packer and Gould working together. Penrith has so much more land unused.

maple_69

Bench
To be fair our development isn't across the line yet but hopefully once it is our clubs future is secured long term.
I also really hope this ASADA thing comes to little for the players involved and feel like it probably will. Pretty hard to ignore as a player though. If we don't sign Carney I really hope he stays with th Sharks as he seems to have settled finally.

Mick that would be a great result if we can't land Williams, Keary or Carney and would fit with our 2015 timeframe.

Again, I disagree.

Cullen and Noyce are emergency appointments for a reason.

Before that , no CEO for years.

Our debt is massively outweighed by our assets.

I'm not attacking the fans , or the club. Just pointing out what's been happening.

And when I mentioned stability , obviously a huge part of that is the ASADA investigation.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't normally comment on rumours. Though I will here the reason for the re-sign or Dragons was so he could still live in the area. Gus, Kingston does it. Elliott did the drive from there to here for 5 years. No reason that can't be overcome

murraymob

Coach
I don't normally comment on rumours. Though I will here the reason for the re-sign or Dragons was so he could still live in the area. Gus, Kingston does it. Elliott did the drive from there to here for 5 years. No reason that can't be overcome

as did johny lang with the freeways its not a long drive anymore

murraymob

Coach
Again, I disagree.

our debt very shortly will be zero.And that before we start the development.Penrith are on the verge of being the richest club in sport in this country .
Your debt is deceptive you are only at 3.5 million because you used the 10 million forwarded to you not through anything else.That will soon be offset by no money from major sponsor or ground sponsor.As for Carney i dont see him leaving everything he has said in papers seems to say he is not far from signing again

darkbloom

Juniors
our debt very shortly will be zero.And that before we start the development.Penrith are on the verge of being the richest club in sport in this country .
Your debt is deceptive you are only at 3.5 million because you used the 10 million forwarded to you not through anything else.That will soon be offset by no money from major sponsor or ground sponsor.As for Carney i dont see him leaving everything he has said in papers seems to say he is not far from signing again

Funny argument there to say their debt is deceptive because it was reduced by some means other than trading.

Penrith is reducing debt not by good management of their operations but by selling assets. Converting assets to cash to fund poorly operating businesses may make you seem wealthy but not for too long. Even with the size of Panthers asset base.

Both are big problems when you look at how they are trading. When you look at Penrith their biggest problem is the assets they have sold off are the ones they would have like to have kept because they produce very good profits.

darkbloom

Juniors
Your wrong. Debt in control. Penrith's Future development makes the cronulla one look 2nd rate. Plus you cant go wrong with James Packer and Gould working together. Penrith has so much more land unused.

They might be good but blind faith in them will allow them to bend you over.

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Interesting little snippet regarding Todd Carney in the article above. It's towards the bottom end of the write-up
DESPITE making just two NRL appearances since 2011, Cowboys halfback Robert Lui has emerged as a serious fallback option for clubs chasing the prized signature of Todd Carney.Two of Carney's suitors - the Dragons and Warriors - have also expressed interest in Lui. And just because they've snapped up Jamie Soward, don't think Penrith will drop off Carney's trail.

Thats why Gus is shutting his mouth. Not sure what you make of his comments regarding Johnson last night, but didn't sound positive.

maple_69

Bench
I would say they were pretty on the money. He did some great things and a couple erratic things. He's a flashy player who is young. He will improve like Marshall did.

Gus WAS in quite a lather over Foran throughout the game. We shouldnt read much into what Gus says in the box though as he says a lot of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.