What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno how I feel about the Widdop rumour.

I really don't want to pay heaps for an unproven player. And based on what he's said previously he wants $650k per....that is a hell of a lot.

EDIT just got told it was Widdop to Broncos, Folau to us was the rumour. That I'd be ok with but not for massive money

If we were after widdop maybe the plan is for Soward to play half ? Unless widdop played fullback.

Folou , I don't know.

He would have to play fullback to get our moneys worth.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah that's what I was trying to say as well mate. I'd love to keep him. But if it is a bidding war...I would be fine to let him go earn his cash...ala Amos Roberts.

Yeah he has the attributes to get a great player. Also a great guy off the field. Though so far I can't say he has earnt a pay rise. I would put him in the possible pile with Coote & Plum.

As for Folau he would bring publicity and bums on seats. depends on the price can find the way to the line but like Jennings doesn't go hunting or can create anything.

maple_69

Bench
Soward kicks. Folau TRY!
Could become familiar.

As much as we need a halfback still more than a centre no one could complain about bringing a player of that calibre to your club. Would be a real kick in the guts for AFL as well.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I will copy and paste my post from PantherPride here:

If we miss Carney so be it. Pair up Soward with either Coote,Humble,Walsh or Austin next year to get by. Use the $700k or so we would have offered Carney to bring forward some of the contract money of Coote,McKendry and Grant. This will get our salary cap in order for 2015.

Then go all out for Shaun Johnson for 2015. 6.Soward 7.Johnson will be an awesome combination blessed with speed that will get crowds flocking through the gates.

By 2015, Johnson would have had 4 seasons of top grade experience and will be 24. We will get the best years of his career out him.

Johnson will no doubt get sick of Elliott eventually and come crawling back to Uncle Ivan.

Big Mick

Referee
That's what I'd be doing as well Daz.

Outside of Carney or Sam Williams...or if we can entice Luke Keary over...there is noone else I want. I'd rather save the cash and go after Johnson.

murraymob

Coach
Is there any base to the carney rumours. He and his coach keep saying its a few minor details that need working out but he is happy there

I presume our offer would be larger than the sharks as well.

Personally id prefer a younger half back like williams or keary , but i wouldnt complain.

Sime_11

Juniors
well if all these rumours are true about carney n dugan, we may end up having dugan if carney comes to the Panthers. as everyone already knows lol i wouldnt mind having Dugan as well lol.

do the dragons how cap money to afford carney seeing as they've picked up widdop ????

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Todd Carney is set to show his loyalty to the Cronulla Sharks by rejecting a $900,000-a-season offer from the New Zealand Warriors.

He is expected to sign at the Sharks for $650,000-a-season before his comeback game against the Bulldogs next weekend in Gosford.

Sime_11

Juniors
where ya find that Panthers@heart ???

no disrespect but why wouldnt ya stay in cronulla near the beach and city and get paid 650k to play footy rather than play out in the suburbs on penrith.

Status
Not open for further replies.