What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

panthersam

Juniors
I have absolute faith that they would be not even considering Ben Roberts, that would be the only step backwards I think.

meek

Juniors
You can have Peter Wallace for a can of coke.

Geez if he cameback- wow that really would be the end
Have watched him a lot for the broncos
He is definatley NOT the sort of player we need - hopeless IMO
This may upset a few but I rate Walsh better then him.

If he comes back May as well bring back old "Joel dropsies Clinton " - and that super utility Son of Matty Elliot [name eludes me] to complete the total gallop backwards .

Big Mick

Referee
I remember when everyone lost their shit when we lost Wallace.

He wasn't that great of a player with us, one field goal against Brisbane aside.

franklin2323

Immortal
For me losing Wallace was like losing Siejka not so much as he is that great but more as it left no options.

As bad as Wallace is. He would of been better the Maurice Blair & Lewis that played 7 after he left.

meek

Juniors
Just worries me all this talk of a medium quality half -
To me that rules out anyone decent from first tier or lauded second tier
That what concerns me - i just dont want someone worse than we have now.
I know Panthers recruitment has improved dramatically
but we are Panthers after all so we could expect the unexpected .

Hopefully NOT Wallace or Roberts -

franklin2323

Immortal
Just worries me all this talk of a medium quality half -
To me that rules out anyone decent from first tier or lauded second tier
That what concerns me - i just dont want someone worse than we have now.
I know Panthers recruitment has improved dramatically
but we are Panthers after all so we could expect the unexpected .

Hopefully NOT Wallace or Roberts -

Who is the Mole?? Just a journalist. I rate Pearce a low quality half yet he will play Origin. So he's meduim half could be pretty good. Also assuming he reates Walsh a low half it's an upgrade

murraymob

Coach
Dayne Weston now offially to melbourne straight away .Interesting release given our injury crisis at the moment

maple_69

Bench
He should go very well at Melbourne. Pretty good player, not sure why he fell out of favour so badly with us but good luck to him.
Hopefully this Walsh business gets sorted soon.

age.s

First Grade
So could Weston leaving immediately mean we're looking to bring in a player (say, a halfback) immediately with the money we save?

murraymob

Coach
So could Weston leaving immediately mean we're looking to bring in a player (say, a halfback) immediately with the money we save?

the money is not the issue on bringing in another player its whats available to be released .Keep the money.Target a quality half

age.s

First Grade
the money is not the issue on bringing in another player its whats available to be released .Keep the money.Target a quality half

I guess I was trying to find a reason for him being released now. Sure he might be surplus to requirements but why release him immediately if we're not looking for some cap room this year?

murraymob

Coach
i think its more about oppurtunity .Cleary didnt rate him .So rather than fill a lower grade spot it can now go to another young junior

Sleep

Juniors
I rated Weston pretty highly. I thought he was better than McKendry at times last year. He always came on and played his ass off. I thought he must of been injured this year. He'll do really well in Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.