What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
He had the chance to make his case and he simply didn't.

It wasn't just Ivan who didn't rate him, obviously Guy Missio and Garth Brennan didn't either because he wasn't starting for Windsor.

But best of luck to him. I'm sure he'll rediscover his form eventually down there.

franklin2323

Immortal
He had the chance to make his case and he simply didn't.

It wasn't just Ivan who didn't rate him, obviously Guy Missio and Garth Brennan didn't either because he wasn't starting for Windsor.

Ivan gets who he wants in Windsor. The writing was on the wall at the Souths game. We played 0 props on the bench. He had 60 odd games would of came straight in. so Hardly a surprise

maple_69

Bench
Can we use that money to frontload some contracts further assuming we don't bring in any mid season recruits?

franklin2323

Immortal
Can we use that money to frontload some contracts further assuming we don't bring in any mid season recruits?

I wouldn't think he would be on much besides should of done that with the 500k or so from Jennings.

We will probably promote Moylan or Docker to free up 2nd tier cap space

maple_69

Bench
He might not have been on much but 100k in the kitty is handy.
I think we were right to let Mccrone go at the time. He's going reasonably now but I still think he'd struggle as Walsh does in our team.

franklin2323

Immortal
He might not have been on much but 100k in the kitty is handy.
I think we were right to let Mccrone go at the time. He's going reasonably now but I still think he'd struggle as Walsh does in our team.

Yeah but we still need a 25man squad. Min wage is 80k. Minus what we paid him it's not much.

However say 100k goes to upgrade Docker or Moylan that clears up 1/3 of the secondary cap.

That's what I think is the plan. Another half Walsh would just go early & use his money.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Big Mick

Referee
We never wanted Josh Dugan.

Secondly, we offered Carney a competitive offer and he chose to stay loyal like many thought he would all along and I praise him for that.

TBH right now...I'd rather retain that money and try and develop Moylan into a halfback (he's played in the halves the majority of his juniors) and that way we can have Moss, DWZ and Moylan all on the field at the same time.

Last edited:
I know we struggle a bit to attract top line talent , but if you look at the recent past not many top line players change clubs.

The last really big name to leave any club was inglis , and that was the salary cap. Maybe Boyd , but that was because he'd follow Bennett anywhere.

Before that it was petero and he came our way.

Carney
Cronk
Thurston
Brett Stewart
Foran
Farrah

Have all stayed loyal to their club.

Really big names just don't swap clubs that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.