What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxTom

Bench
The Carney "is about to re-sign" has been going for a few weeks now... Maybe, just maybe it's not in the bag yet...

Last edited:

MrAnonymous

Bench
I know we struggle a bit to attract top line talent , but if you look at the recent past not many top line players change clubs.

The last really big name to leave any club was inglis , and that was the salary cap. Maybe Boyd , but that was because he'd follow Bennett anywhere.

Before that it was petero and he came our way.

Carney
Cronk
Thurston
Brett Stewart
Foran
Farrah

Have all stayed loyal to their club.

Really big names just don't swap clubs that often.
only if they play for Penrith.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
Haha. Lewis, Jennings.
Good on him for staying I hope he does well and would love to see a GF between Penrith and Cronulla in 2015 as a change from the same old we're constantly served up.

murraymob

Coach
Haha. Lewis, Jennings.
Good on him for staying I hope he does well and would love to see a GF between Penrith and Cronulla in 2015 as a change from the same old we're constantly served up.

by 2015 Cronulla will be on the downward slide as Gallen Lewis Gordon will be in there 30s and Carney will be 29.I think they have this year or next to win it

Panther_Daz

Staff member
What is everyones thoughts on trying to get Samisoni Langi from the Roosters? Off contract this year and stuck behind Pearce and Maloney. Watched him closely on Sunday and I was impressed.

murraymob

Coach
What is everyones thoughts on trying to get Samisoni Langi from the Roosters? Off contract this year and stuck behind Pearce and Maloney. Watched him closely on Sunday and I was impressed.

anything is a upgrade on right now.And with walsh maybe looking for a early release Langi may also be able to get one

Copperhead

Juniors

My only concern with Soni is he isn't a genuine half. He's a big strong 5/8 / utility. Presuming Soward is going to remain at 5/8, I don't think he's what we need.

franklin2323

Immortal

More a lock I thought. But that's the sort of player we should be targetting now

mxlegend99

Referee
Williams and Soward as our halves. Going to win us far more games then Gordon, Jennings and Lewis could. Although having those 3 players in a team with them would be something special. Unfortunately losing them was the key to signing players, but imagine if we could have kept them ontop of our signings?

1. Michael Gordon
2. James Roberts
3. Michael Jennings
4. Dean Whare
5. Josh Mansour
6. Jamie Soward
7. Sam Williams
8. Tim Grant (c)
9. James Segayaro
10. Brent Kite
11. Luke Lewis
12. Sika Manu
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Sam McKendry
15. Mose Masoe / Jeremy Latimore / Nigel Plum
16. Matt Robinson / Adam Docker / Vaipuna Tia Kilfi
17. Lewis Brown

Would have been great if we could just release the likes of Coote, Walsh, Tighe, Kingston etc. to sign the players we did. But sadly it had to come at the expense of Gordon, Lewis and the real key to freeing up salary cap space.. Michael Jennings.

I think the money is being spent more wisely now. But gee it's hard not to wonder what could have been. If we hadn't put Jenko on massive overs, and if we had not re-signed Walsh and Tighe so quickly, or any of the duds like Galea, Ciraldo, Newton etc.

That would be nice.

The main thing is we are finally making solid signings and early signings.

It's just a matter of time before things turn around on the field.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Apparently according to NRL gossip, Sam Williams is in advanced talks to come to Panthers.
On the positive side for you blokes, you have two POTENTIAL match winners. On the downside, I have not seen Williams play a dominant role in a couple of years and that's why the Raiders let him go now that Campese is back.
Soward and Williams are an extremely small pair of halves and both are speed bumps.
Your going to need them to step up.

maple_69

Bench
I'd say for a little guy Sowards defence is not bad these days.

Hopefully since Sam Williams is unwanted we get him for a good price.

Ok Coote, I'm interested to hear why people would want him at hooker. While he could add a kicking game and may go alright in terms of passing and service, his defence would be a massive issue and he doesn't have the explosive speed of Segs to be a dangerous running hooker. Potentially since he's on a lot we could try and use.him as a utility but I think when we can offload him we probably should as much as I like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.