What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankScorpio

Juniors
Rumour was that Walsh was released for the 2014 season, but latest mail seems to suggest he'll go ASAP.

Also, while I'm still convinced Carney will re-sign with the Sharks, this is interesting:
Todd going mountaineering
Todd Carney was poised to put pen to paper on a new deal at Cronulla late last week before Penrith bowled him over with a late and very substantial offer. Carney stands to earn around $150,000 more a year if he chooses the Panthers over the Sharks. The deal is for five seasons so all up it's worth around an extra $750,000. Carney's greatest fear? Having to tell Paul Gallen he is leaving. That may be enough to convince him to turn down the loot and stay in the Shire.

Source: http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-repeat-setround-9-233690

murraymob

Coach
the interesting thing with Carney is why he hasnt put pen to paper.You would think it would be the boost the club needs so the positives if he is staying are huge

maple_69

Bench
If the rumours are close to the money we are probably waiting on Carney to make a decision. If he stays we will likely hear news on Sam Williams shortly after and Walsh around the sane time.

mxlegend99

Referee
I cant see Carney coming here. Most likely using us for leverage for a higher/longer deal at Sharks. Just as JT did. Although we were/are a genuine chance with our offers. The club they're at has tge upper hand if they want to keep them.

IMO we should just lock Williams up now. If by some miracle we do sign Carney, we can just have Williams as a utility and developing his game from Carney and Soward. With injuries and Origin there would be plenty of opportunity for Williams to start. Would certainly be a great pair of halves to learn from. Then if either shows signs of age or injury catching up, our successor is ready to take over.

I worry that we could miss out on a player we are odds on at signing for one who is probably 5 to 1 odds at coming. So sign Williams asap if he is willing.

I cant see Carney coming here. Most likely using us for leverage for a higher/longer deal at Sharks. Just as JT did. Although we were/are a genuine chance with our offers. The club they're at has tge upper hand if they want to keep them.

IMO we should just lock Williams up now. If by some miracle we do sign Carney, we can just have Williams as a utility and developing his game from Carney and Soward. With injuries and Origin there would be plenty of opportunity for Williams to start. Would certainly be a great pair of halves to learn from. Then if either shows signs of age or injury catching up, our successor is ready to take over.

I worry that we could miss out on a player we are odds on at signing for one who is probably 5 to 1 odds at coming. So sign Williams asap if he is willing.

I doubt we'd have room for both.

Even halfway decent halves are commanding decent money now , there's such a lack of them.

The OX

Juniors
John Gibbs said news was all over Twitter that the deal had been done.

Brandy said he couldnt comment and refused a polygraph test.

murraymob

Coach
we will not get both williams and carney.Why would williams sign unless he got a shot at first grade.Same with carney.The problem with any rumour via a radio station anyone can call and start it and they will run with it

chrisD

Coach
We wouldn't be trying for both, you'd assume Williams is back up if(when) we miss Carney. Hopefully Carney doesn't take too much longer to decide or Williams might get the shits waiting.

panthersam

Juniors
If we sign Carney for next season and don't manage to AT LEAST make the 8 then there is something terribly wrong going on. We will have more than enough talent on the field to be extremely competitive against any team that we come up against as well as a more than capable coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.