What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
i think nrl gossip should have said watch for benchie and his manager to mention penrith as long as they can to add dollars to there contract.He is no good to us in 2015 when he is available we would need him from next year

Pomoz

Bench
i have and the answer is no closet just prior to 91 we bought a lot

I thought that would be the case. Truth told, we probably have never had such an experienced contract manager at the Panthers before. Max Cowan (if he reads this forum) has a longer history with the club than most, so he may throw up someone I don't know of. We are reaping the benefit of Gus having spells here in the 90's and at the Dogs and the Roosters. I think he has learned a trick or two from Bullfrog Moore and Nick Politis and players seem to respect him.

I thought that would be the case. Truth told, we probably have never had such an experienced contract manager at the Panthers before. Max Cowan (if he reads this forum) has a longer history with the club than most, so he may throw up someone I don't know of. We are reaping the benefit of Gus having spells here in the 90's and at the Dogs and the Roosters. I think he has learned a trick or two from Bullfrog Moore and Nick Politis and players seem to respect him.

We also bought quite a few players in the lead up to the 03' victory.

03' was very much like 91' , a good mixture of local talent and recruitment. As good as our local talent is , it's never going to be enough to get it done IMO.

Whatuira
Campbell
Priddis
Lang
Galuvao
Ross

All came to the club in the two years prior to us winning a premiership.

murraymob

Coach
one of the biggest reason for long periods of non buying is more because we never have a lot of money to work with.When the main leagues club was being built we had barley enough to put a park team on the field thus we become the penny panthers

maple_69

Bench
I think there's two parts to it.
While a lot of people hate Gus he is an enigmatic guy who I can see being hard to ignore as well as having a lot of influence in the league community.
Also someone had to realise that while we have great juniors we can't rely on them these days to fulfil their potential and make us a force. I think we've rested on this for a long time and when they haven't panned out we go and grab some nuffies in November to fill positions.

cb4

First Grade
I was watching the video and thinking "yeah, you look good now but what about when you step up against adults?". Then I realised it was the NSW cup and he was playing against adults! He looks really talented and can find a gap.

Ironically, if we do sign him it's because Cronulla signed Lewis from the Panthers and with Wade Graham as well, there is no room in the back row for a few years. If he can come here and continue his progress, we will have done very well out of a swap for Lewis!

You don't know much about our team then if this is what you think.

Bukuya has gone, Tupou will leave. He will be the bench replacement

Its just convincing him he will get a shot with us, if he bides his time.

murraymob

Coach

is tupou contracted for next year and you have another back rower i hear is ahead of peachy

cb4

First Grade
Tupou is not contracted next year, and Sopoaga is not ahead of Tyrone.

This is all hearsy made up by someone on social media.

Pomoz

Bench

Yep, your right I don't know much about your team. Mainly, coz its your team. Gallen, Lewis, Graham. Great back row. Where does Peachy fit in? On the bench? Maybe wearing a black jersey packed tightly behind a back row of Manu and Taylor.

murraymob

Coach
Tupou is not contracted next year, and Sopoaga is not ahead of Tyrone.

This is all hearsy made up by someone on social media.

could it be not just about oppurtunity as much as about what you can pay him.No offence to the sharks but your balance sheet does look shakey.We have no problems meeting what he is asking on both fronts .But as you say he may just want to stay

Panthers@Heart

Juniors
Tim Grant doesn't want to go anywhere. Good Boy!!
Penrith Panthers front-rower Tim Grant has slammed rumours he wants out of the club saying: "To be honest it’s all a load of s**t."

Big Mick

Referee
As I said when the person that posted it on here from NRL Gossip....he aint going anywhere.

Stop believing absolutely everything you see, especially from non-Penrith people.

franklin2323

Immortal
He cant leave. We need someone breed to appreciate the club. Anyone know what he's on ?

Was on overs. Though given we are playing 600k over this year maybe the same next year. Good cap managements is bringing forward his & McKendry's back payments. So I guess $300k rather then 500k so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts