What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Comings and Goings - The Transit Lounge

RWB

Bench
Linnett wants to stay, there's a 2 year deal on the table from the Roosters not sure of the full details though as to what he's holding out for or if he's happy with the offer.

Monk

Referee
Spewing if the Sharks get Linnett. Is Ryles still gonna be here next year?

Source:

ROOSTERS prop Jason Ryles is still yet to be offered a contract for next year.

The senior Roosters player remains in talks with coach Brian Smith about his future beyond the 2011 season and is hopeful he will stay with the Bondi club for another season.

"From what [Smith] told me it's looking pretty good at the moment, touch wood," Ryles said after making 99m and 27 tackles yesterday.

"I'll just keep playing as many games as I can this year.

"I'm 100 per cent keen to go again next year. As long as our halves stay healthy and our junior players continue to develop, I think it's going to be a great year for the club. I know I can handle it.

"It was a real good win today, hopefully we can begin to build on that."

Ryles, 32, and Smith had initially agreed to discuss Ryles' future before round 18, but the club's disappointing form has delayed any formal negotiations. Ryles has said he is keen to stay on to mentor the Roosters' young forward pack, including Mose Masoe, Martin Kennedy and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

He said his body will be able to cope with another year of heavy impacts.

We need to replace Myles with a genuine prop and re-sign Ryles for 1 more wouldn't be bad. Jarred is not a prop and should be in the backrow

8. Kennedy
9. Friend
10. Ryles
11. JWH
12. Guerra
13. Symonds

15. Takairangi
16. Tasi
17. Arona

That's an improvement on what we already have IMO too bad it can't happen

RWB

Bench
Ryles still has another 1 year option on his contract, he's said all along he'll sit down with Smithy at the end of the season and Smith will give his honest view on whether he should continue or not. Given our lack of experience in the front row and the fact that he's been good since returning from injury I'd be very surprised if they didn't exercise the option of extending his contract.

Monk

Referee
Bloke in the Rumoured Signings thread (NRL Section) said "Guerra -----> Penrith"

obviously not going to happen but imagine if we let Guerra go.

adamkungl

Immortal
So next year in the forwards we're looking at:

Front-rowers:
Kennedy
Arona
Masoe
Tasi
Ryles?

Second-rowers:
Anasta
Aubusson
FPN
Symonds
Guerra
JWH
Cordner
Takairangi
Cherrington
(I'd have Leilua here as well but doubt Smith will)

So our top pack looks something like:

8 Kennedy
9 Friend
10 Ryles
11 Aubusson
12 JWH
13 Anasta

14 Mitchell
15 Tasi
16 Symonds
17 Guerra

Our second row stocks are excellent imo, Cherro Cordner and FPN (needs to pull his finger out) miss out on our best line up and all are quality. We need 1 more quality front rower even if Ryles stays imo, 1-2 injuries and we're in trouble there.

So nobody knows why Wells has left? Club didn't rate him? Couldn't afford him?

Oh, I'll put the Phillip Ronald Gould hat on a congratulate the mighty POS for letting Jacob Miller go.

Monk

Referee
Source:

The All Blacks midfielder Sonny Bill Willams is seriously considering a return to the National Rugby League, possibly as soon as next year, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
Williams confirmed yesterday he's having second thoughts about remaing in New Zealand after the World Cup.
The newspaper says he's been linked to the Sydney Roosters club.
Williams still has 12 months to wait before the expiry of an agreement with the Canterbury Bulldogs preventing him from playing for a rival NRL club, after he walked out on the club three years ago.
However there's a suggestion the Bulldogs may consider waiving the clause allowing Williams to join the club, although a 2013 NRL return seems more likely.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Been linked to us for a while hasn't he. Something about Khoder Nasser haveing tonnes of respect for Uncle Nick, one of the only club bosses he does have respect for.

if it were ever to eventuate where would u play him? and would the club let him continue his so called boxing career

Monk

Referee
I don think we'll get him. Were stacked in the backrow. Symonds, Guerra, Takirangi, etc, etc...

We'd sack any of those those players in an instant to gain the signature of Williams.
I would hope not. IF Williams came, there would be no guarantee he would stay more than 1 year regardless of what sort of contract he signs. Loyalty isn't in his vocabulary. We need to plan for the future and those young guys will be the backbone of the team in a couple of years. We need to think beyond 2012/13...

Ozzy

First Grade
Source:

The All Blacks midfielder Sonny Bill Willams is seriously considering a return to the National Rugby League, possibly as soon as next year, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
Williams confirmed yesterday he's having second thoughts about remaing in New Zealand after the World Cup.
The newspaper says he's been linked to the Sydney Roosters club.
Williams still has 12 months to wait before the expiry of an agreement with the Canterbury Bulldogs preventing him from playing for a rival NRL club, after he walked out on the club three years ago.
However there's a suggestion the Bulldogs may consider waiving the clause allowing Williams to join the club, although a 2013 NRL return seems more likely.
:roll: Which big name doesn't get linked to us? I'd lay a bet that if Jesus has a second coming it will be linked to us.

Latest posts