What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

yy_cheng

Coach
If Inu doesn't find form we can offer him a much reduced contract at best, even Inu out of form is better than alot of young centres (Wright, TT etc). In current form I think Inu is still a good 150-200K centre and we can offer him that and if he is willing to pay that he can stay or another club can take a risk on him and offer him overs. ATM there is no better alternative to Inu and its not worth releasing him and paying out part of his contract.

THat's how I see it too.

Give him next year to gain some confidence and find form. It's not like we have the halves to help him this year.

If he doesn't perform, do not offer him a contract for 2011 or a much lower contract such as $125K-150K.

I'd hate to see us replace him with Tahu and Tahu breaks down.

big boppa eel

Juniors
THat's how I see it too.

Give him next year to gain some confidence and find form. It's not like we have the halves to help him this year.

If he doesn't perform, do not offer him a contract for 2011 or a much lower contract such as $125K-150K.

I'd hate to see us replace him with Tahu and Tahu breaks down.
He is not a 200k player at the moment.

Inu is a victim of his own great 1st season, most centres at the same age and expirance as Inu would be playing at about the same level. Falou would be the only exception

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've been told that Joe Gulavauo has not signed with anyone as yet!..straight from the club.

natheel

Coach
im sure joes the type of player who would play for peanuts if he was at a club he loved playing at...hopefully that club is parra

Gronk

Staff member
im sure joes the type of player who would play for peanuts if he was at a club he loved playing at...hopefully that club is parra

I think Smokin Joe nearly has as many kids as Ozzie, he'll take the most cash in offer IMO.

love to have Joey for another year but if he can get more cash elsewhere than good luck to him, he's a class bloke he will do whats best for his family.

akers

Juniors
The one player we need to resign is MATEO it seems all the talk is about retaining Hayne and Inu and i totally agree with that,but lets not forget Mateo he is just as important to us building a good squad (if not even more important) then the others.
I have mentioned before that i really hope we keep Inu but i have to say that Mateo is the player I would keep if we could only afford one of the two

slippery_sucker

Juniors
He is a fullback isn't he? I think we have a very handy fullback atm lol

Brett Kearney would be a great bench player

Disagree, he needs to support his family, he will not play for peanuts, would u?

Maybe the kids like peanuts

The one player we need to resign is MATEO it seems all the talk is about retaining Hayne and Inu and i totally agree with that,but lets not forget Mateo he is just as important to us building a good squad (if not even more important) then the others.
I have mentioned before that i really hope we keep Inu but i have to say that Mateo is the player I would keep if we could only afford one of the two

Mateo and Hayne are our future

natheel

Coach

The way I see it we have 3 players to build our team around a back a forward and a half

Jarryd hayne
Dan Mortimer
Feleti mateo

natheel

Coach
Also if we lose inu I won't be totally dissapointed IF we manage to replace him with someone of equal value and talent

lingard

Coach
x2, Tahu missed a fair bit of footy when he was with us and he will be nearly 3 years older when next season rolls around. As Colonel says if INU doesn't find form next year we can always unload him then. What happens if we let INU go and Get someone like Tahu and he ends up spending most of the season on the sideline????

Tahu was possibly the best centre in the game for ONE year. That`s it. Prior to that, he had difficulty in the centre position and took some time to adapt to it. And, he had quite a lot of time off with injuries. As much as I loved Tahu at his best, I can`t help but feel that his legacy is somewhat over-stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.