What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

caylo

Bench
these other blokes are on their last legs

Tahu 29, Lote is just as old. While Lote is still very fit (could potentially have 5 year left) they will cost a fortune and I dont think they are worth it.

With guys like Hayne, Reddy, Inu and Grothe we have plenty of strike out wide plus guys like Richardson and Filiga in the jnr ranks ready to come up. Our backs is not where we need to be wasting money investing in player, If Thurston or Prince was on offer I might change my mind but not for more expensive outside back.

Players I could understand lossing are Hauraki, Oake and Smith, If we loss Cayless or Fui we will be stuggle for players upfront (next year our props consist of Cayless, Fui, Poore, Mannah with NRL experiance) so it would not be smart to let any of them go (unless we could secure atleast another 2 props with their money).

I fail to see how Parramatta can be able to make any big signnings with the money avalible, and the players mentioned to be let go cant be adequatly replaced so it doesnt make sense.

ParraManiac

Juniors
Look it is important that people who are charged with running the club dont make decisions like this based on emotion, that is what got us into this mess in the first place. All we can do at this point is let it all unfold. I am sure any decision Ando makes is all part of a bigger picture.

Stagger eel

Staff member
at a cost stagger
i have heard instead of a set of steak knives they have thrown you in last report you and the contracted player are heading to Penrith .WELCOME stagger

:lol:

honestly Muzz, if you make me support your club I will turn up to Penrith games just to annoy you so much and I'll make you buy my beer...

not a good move for your sake. :lol:

murraymob

Coach
thurston at 700k will mean the cowboys having to shed a stack of players.Could be some good buys for a lot of clubs

born an eel

Bench
the thing I don't understand is, you can not just drop a contracted player. He has to be wanted by someone else and be prepared to move on or you pay him out and money still goes on the cap.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the thing I don't understand is, you can not just drop a contracted player. He has to be wanted by someone else and be prepared to move on or you pay him out and money still goes on the cap.

yes mate, I think our club is aware of that aswell..;-)

ParraManiac

Juniors
No player is worth that much, purely for the damage it will ultimately cause the club. It is not as if giving him $700K will get them a premiership.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
700k for Thurston???? No one is worth that coin. And i'd keep INU ahead of 2 guys like Tahu and Lote who are both nearly 30 and their best years are behind them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
700k for Thurston???? No one is worth that coin. And i'd keep INU ahead of 2 guys like Tahu and Lote who are both nearly 30 and their best years are behind them.

Dell is a similar age and is killing it.

Also, Inu hasn't set the world on fire for two years now.

So...Why would retaining Inu be such a safe bet again?

The Colonel

Immortal
Dell is a similar age and is killing it.

Also, Inu hasn't set the world on fire for two years now.

So...Why would retaining Inu be such a safe bet again?

While Inu hasn't set the world on fire, you get Tahu coming back with chronic hamstring problems and a good deal heavier for his time in Union.

To this point we don't know if the arrival of some extra forwards will make much difference to the room the backline currently receive and in turn help improve the form of not only Inu but a number of our backline players.

Tahu is 29 and hasn't had the two year enforced layoff that Dell has had so it is unlikely Tahu will continue playing until he is 35 - we get a maximum of three years out of Tahu or a possible 35-40 games using his previous stint as a guide.

At 21 it is likely that Inu could well play, barring injury, until he is into his late 20's or early thirties. He has one more year on his contract. If he returns to form next year, re-sign him. If he doesn't let him go.

The whinging on here from the people who want to let him go will be near unbearable if he heads to another club and finds his form......

El Diablo

Post Whore
The whinging on here from the people who want to let him go will be near unbearable if he heads to another club and finds his form......

even more so if we have to still pay part of his contract

i doubt we'd get half a season out of Tahu and it's not like he has done anything special in yawnion whe he has managed to get on the field

hineyrulz

Post Whore
While Inu hasn't set the world on fire, you get Tahu coming back with chronic hamstring problems and a good deal heavier for his time in Union.

To this point we don't know if the arrival of some extra forwards will make much difference to the room the backline currently receive and in turn help improve the form of not only Inu but a number of our backline players.

Tahu is 29 and hasn't had the two year enforced layoff that Dell has had so it is unlikely Tahu will continue playing until he is 35 - we get a maximum of three years out of Tahu or a possible 35-40 games using his previous stint as a guide.

At 21 it is likely that Inu could well play, barring injury, until he is into his late 20's or early thirties. He has one more year on his contract. If he returns to form next year, re-sign him. If he doesn't let him go.

x2, Tahu missed a fair bit of footy when he was with us and he will be nearly 3 years older when next season rolls around. As Colonel says if INU doesn't find form next year we can always unload him then. What happens if we let INU go and Get someone like Tahu and he ends up spending most of the season on the sideline????

caylo

Bench
x2, Tahu missed a fair bit of footy when he was with us and he will be nearly 3 years older when next season rolls around. As Colonel says if INU doesn't find form next year we can always unload him then. What happens if we let INU go and Get someone like Tahu and he ends up spending most of the season on the sideline????

If Inu doesn't find form we can offer him a much reduced contract at best, even Inu out of form is better than alot of young centres (Wright, TT etc). In current form I think Inu is still a good 150-200K centre and we can offer him that and if he is willing to pay that he can stay or another club can take a risk on him and offer him overs. ATM there is no better alternative to Inu and its not worth releasing him and paying out part of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.