What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
on top of what Colonel has said, you need to also consider that Horo has been training with the fulltime squad and I heard that he even travelled to the Gold Coast last Monday but I can't confirm that, so the club are taking the time and effort to develop his game however he needs to take that on the field for Wenty every week not every second or third week, Lowrie on the other hand has surprisingly been one of our more consistant performers resently and apart from the odd mistake seems to match it with opposition regularly, it appears in here we've become so conditioned to bagging the bloke without any real reason that some people are actually blaming him for every loss, I think everyone acknowledges that he's not a 175K a year player but he is at the very least a top 17 player at the club whether you like it or not.

another point to take on board the big guys used to hit there peak from around 25 years of age.Clubs are going have to pick the guys that may shine late .Lowrie may be one of those guys.We have one at penrith matt bell each year he has got better and better and is `developing into a quality front rower

yy_cheng

Coach
If you've watched him play in the past 2 months without your blinkers on, he's actually been OK.

He's improved heaps since we started to create 2nd phase play. His passing isn't that bad.

Yes, brain snap pass to INU but then every other player has had many a brain snaps.

However, he is still no BK but a bargain for anything under $80K even for 1 year.

cgee221

Juniors
on top of what Colonel has said, you need to also consider that Horo has been training with the fulltime squad and I heard that he even travelled to the Gold Coast last Monday but I can't confirm that, so the club are taking the time and effort to develop his game however he needs to take that on the field for Wenty every week not every second or third week, Lowrie on the other hand has surprisingly been one of our more consistant performers resently and apart from the odd mistake seems to match it with opposition regularly, it appears in here we've become so conditioned to bagging the bloke without any real reason that some people are actually blaming him for every loss, I think everyone acknowledges that he's not a 175K a year player but he is at the very least a top 17 player at the club whether you like it or not.

Well said Stagger. I like others have criticised him in the past, but it seems many have the idea that Lowrie = stuff up, I would have agreed with that at the start of this year, but he has improved immensely and as you said it matching it with the opposition regularly, his numbers have vastly improved.

Lowrie as others have stated I would not fret having in our top 25 next year at the right price. He has first grade experience (invaluable) and has showed us that he has the ability to match it with others. I hope for his sake he gets a contract of some sort in the NRL next year, be it with us or another team.

stuke

Bench
Lowrie has suffered greatly due to the man love that Hagan had for him. he is a solid fringe first-grader. nothing more, nothing less. sign him to a 60K contract and we would be happy with his input. pay him close to what he is rumoured to be on and we are entitled to be unhappy with what he has delivered.

Avenger

Immortal
If Brendan Oake isn't a better option then Lowrie at the present moment I have never watched a game of Rugby league.

cgee221

Juniors
Lowrie has suffered greatly due to the man love that Hagan had for him. he is a solid fringe first-grader. nothing more, nothing less. sign him to a 60K contract and we would be happy with his input. pay him close to what he is rumoured to be on and we are entitled to be unhappy with what he has delivered.

I'm not disputing that he is overpaid, as you said a result of Hagan's man love, but he has been very solid over the past 6-8 weeks of football.

I'm not saying he should be in our top 17 every game for next year, but if we offered him a contract as part of our top 25, on something like 60K as you suggested, then I wouldnt have a problem with that.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I wouldn't mind if he was in the top 25 for around 70k a season next season, i don't think he will be, but who knows.
But i would be expecting alot more from him rather then just a solid backrower considering what he is earning this season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I just can't understand how you can get rid of a player who would still be under contract..unless he finds another club..

anyway, I keep hearing there's some BIG news on the horizon, I actually heard it three times tonight...again, no names mentioned.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I just can't understand how you can get rid of a player who would still be under contract..unless he finds another club..

anyway, I keep hearing there's some BIG news on the horizon, I actually heard it three times tonight...again, no names mentioned.
Are you talking about Lowrie? Isn't this his last year anyway?

cgee221

Juniors

I heard on the grapevine Stagger, this time through 1Eyed, that Brendan Oake's facebook states that he has been cut for next season.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I heard on the grapevine Stagger, this time through 1Eyed, that Brendan Oake's facebook states that he has been cut for next season.

ok, I'm no lawyer, nor do I know a great deal about contracts but how the f**k do you get cut when you're still under contract? without it counting in your cap??

can someone enlighten me???

cgee221

Juniors
ok, I'm no lawyer, nor do I know a great deal about contracts but how the f**k do you get cut when you're still under contract? without it counting in your cap??

My thoughts exactly! We wouldn't be as so stupid as to let him go without having him have something else lined up, it'd be plain dumb of us to do that, because as you stated my it would count against our cap. I think there is more to this news than simply being "cut", if infact the statement in question is true.

Last edited:

benoir91

Juniors

They could have payed out his contract or he found another club

Stagger eel

Staff member
They could have payed out his contract or he found another club

if he found another club than it's hardly a problem but paying him out actually counts under the cap...what's the point in releasing depth in your squad without the advantage of replacing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts