What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

benoir91

Juniors
if he found another club than it's hardly a problem but paying him out actually counts under the cap...what's the point in releasing depth in your squad without the advantage of replacing them?

So if we pay them out now for season 2010, it still counts under the 2010 even though they aren't players anymore? Thats so stupid

All the newspapers are implying that we are offloading players to make more signings so they are operating under the wrong impression

Stagger eel

Staff member
So if we pay them out now for season 2010, it still counts under the 2010 even though they aren't players anymore? Thats so stupid

All the newspapers are implying that we are offloading players to make more signings so they are operating under the wrong impression

YES!!...and there are idiots here that believe it's good decision.

benoir91

Juniors
Maybe there was a option or fine print in his contract that he didn't know about

like the Kirk Reynoldson issue at the Knights, how Smitty wouldn't give him a start because if he met a certain number of games he could be released?

I think that was the scenario

That would explain it

Stagger eel

Staff member
Maybe there was a option or fine print in his contract that he didn't know about

I guess it's possible but I never heard of a contract that stipulates that you can be cut at no notice without a payout...

maybe just maybe he needed to play a certain amount of first grade games..who knows???

benoir91

Juniors
Surely Parramatta aren't stupid enough to release and pay out a player whose money we cannot use for other signings

pure waste of money and waste of depth

even a 10 year old isnt dumb enough to do that, there must be some form of fineprint or he maybe found another club

El Diablo

Post Whore
I guess it's possible but I never heard of a contract that stipulates that you can be cut at no notice without a payout...

maybe just maybe he needed to play a certain amount of first grade games..who knows???

like Kirk Reynoldson maybe

Ron Jeremy

Coach
if he found another club than it's hardly a problem but paying him out actually counts under the cap...what's the point in releasing depth in your squad without the advantage of replacing them?

I'm pretty sure DA knows what he's doing, not having a go at you, yes it does seem stupid, but DA would be doing it for a particular reason, not because he's bored etc. Oakes contract could've been heavily incentive based, meaning releasing him from his contract would mean only a minimal portion will count towards the cap, now, it could also have to do with the Wenty cap etc ( don't they have a $250,000 cap?)

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm pretty sure DA knows what he's doing, not having a go at you, yes it does seem stupid, but DA would be doing it for a particular reason, not because he's bored etc. Oakes contract could've been heavily incentive based, meaning releasing him from his contract would mean only a minimal portion will count towards the cap, now, it could also have to do with the Wenty cap etc ( don't they have a $250,000 cap?)

maybe!!...

but if that is the case why didn't they tell Oake 2 months ago, it's not like he was always in DA's plans.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
maybe!!...

but if that is the case why didn't they tell Oake 2 months ago, it's not like he was always in DA's plans.

true, i agree, i think it was quite insulting to Oake, fair enough i thought he was crap, but it was quite humiliating to him, and would be to anyone else.

yy_cheng

Coach
Ron's probably right.

Or maybe it says, that Parra has the right to cancel his contract if Smith moves on.

Stagger eel

Staff member
true, i agree, i think it was quite insulting to Oake, fair enough i thought he was crap, but it was quite humiliating to him, and would be to anyone else.

also, the timing is also strange when you consider that there's not to many first grade players left in the market...

benoir91

Juniors
DA is a smart man, he will not sacrifice cap space and depth, there is something we don't know, so i'm not worried about it...eels 2010!

benoir91

Juniors
also, the timing is also strange when you consider that there's not to many first grade players left in the market...

the only notable first grade players who can play prop on the market are Ben Ross, Matthew Bell, Nigel Plum and our own Junior Paulo

Ron Jeremy

Coach

that doesn't bother me anymore tbh - the 'left on the market' bit, as you always say contracts mean sh*t these days, managers are always negotiating for a better deal for there client. We could well be negotiating with someone under contract, but needed to offload Oake to squeeze out every cent.

If anything, it may well be a significant positive..

caylo

Bench
even so Iseofa would be better than Oake, Oake is going to have minimal effect on the squad if he does or does not play. I would take a chance on guys like Robenson over Oake who has never done anything in 1st grade, he is also massivly over paid (reported on about 100K... WTF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts