What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
just to throw a spanner in the works...has Todd Carney actually signed with the Roosters? Ossie took him off to Rwanda last year with Hindy and Poore....;-)

No he hasn't - Shane Richardson said a day or two ago that Souffs were looking at him after Wing turned Japanese.

Gronk

Staff member
Carney risky for Roosters

By Chris Wilson | July 18, 2009 09:15pm
Have your say!Add your comments or read what others are saying

IT'S the NRL marriage that appears doomed to failure, but the Roosters are pushing forward with their commitment to sign league bad boy Todd Carney. Now they'll have to do it without the safety net of a "pre-nup''.
A meeting of NRL CEOs during the week has put responsibility on clubs for signing serial troublemakers, with clubs facing massive fines if those players fall out of line.
The Roosters continue to deny one of the NRL's worst-kept secrets, that they've agreed to a four-year deal with Carney beginning 2010. If that's truly the case, surely then it's time to step away from the altar, because there are plenty of reasons why these two should not come together.
Carney's track record almost reads like the Roosters' rap sheet from this season. Forward Nate Myles recently defecated in a hotel corridor while naked, wh ile Willie Mason was photographed urinating outside on a pub wall.
Carney was sacked from the Raiders last year for allegedly urinating all over a teammate's friend in a nightclub toilet.
In the pre-season, Roosters hooker Jake Friend was pulled over for driving with a blood-alcohol reading more than three times the legal limit.
Carney has twice been charged with drink-driving.
On a completely separate occasion he evaded police in a high-speed pursuit while driving a teammate's car.
Unlicensed.
There's no evidence he was drinking that time - he escaped on foot before his mum made him turn himself in to police hours later.
Earlier this season, the Roosters sent Myles and Mason to park footy for a week because they admitted to breaking the club's alcohol policy and drinking on the wrong day of the week. Despite all his previous indiscretions, Carney was actually offered a lifeline to remain at the Raiders last year if he committed to a rehabilitation plan, including staying away from alcohol.
He refused, and it was at that point the Raiders realised that Carney either could not change, or wasn't willing to. He was sacked, deregistered by the NRL, then blocked from playing in the UK Super League. There's even a court order preventing him from setting foot in his home town of Goulburn.
So how can he be welcomed to Bondi, a club in a culture crisis?
It's one thing to try to reform players already within a club, but to bring one in?
Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce has written to club members outlining plans for cultural change. He says he strongly supports the NRL stance on player misbehaviour, making clubs more accountable. "I don't think we need to single Todd out necessarily in that,'' Noyce said.
"(Roosters recruitment manager) Peter O'Sullivan has spoken to Todd and his manager and it's up to him to continue to play good footy up at Atherton and manage himself off the field, and then if that happens then the club may consider an opportunity for him moving forward. He's been asked to do certain things and to the best of my knowledge he's done those things.''
NRL boss David Gallop admitted any contract between Carney and the Roosters would come with strict warnings. "Clearly we're aware of the connections (between the Roosters and Carney), but until a contract is lodged it's difficult to make it more than a general warning about these types of players,'' Gallop said. "I think it's pretty obvious that he would need to keep his nose clean.''
Good luck Brian Smith.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25802183-5016552,00.html

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
My guess would be FM - feleti Mateo

if not Peter Mortimer?

Yes, I meant Feleti Mateo, Apologies for this typo error.

Boooooo Casper
icon7.gif

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
my religion is the church of Parramatta, my God is Nathan Hindmarsh..

my love is for my club first...Depending on how he's shoulder pulls up Tim Smith is a distinct second..:lol:

Has Nathan Hindmarsh sanctioned this God-Like (Apollo) Status???

Do you have an alter of Nathan Hindmarsh where you worship him???

What does it cost to join this religion???? or is it a sect or a cult????

What is the attire that identifies this faith or is it just the Eels uniform???? and if so, are you paying copyright royalties to the copyright holder for renting its intellectual proprietary knowledge?????

Boooooo Casper:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Has Nathan Hindmarsh sanctioned this God-Like (Apollo) Status???

Do you have an alter of Nathan Hindmarsh where you worship him???

What does it cost to join this religion???? or is it a sect or a cult????

What is the attire that identifies this faith or is it just the Eels uniform???? and if so, are you paying copyright royalties to the copyright holder for renting its intellectual proprietary knowledge?????

Boooooo Casper:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Staggers religion is a cult, they dance around fires naked drinking all this weird sh*t, then afterwards engage in mass group sex.

TheRam

Coach
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap, well said Ram :thumb

What has been forgotten here in this debate is the real gifts of love MAN really is. These gifts inspire us to grow and be better. It's the least we can do for Timmy. To bring the best out of each other requires a nurturing, supportive environment - it is not about dollars and cents.

The Golden Age of the Eels will be built around caring for each other. PO & DA will show the way. This is where DF (& others) lost the plot. The old brigade of PS, RP, SE, BK, MC, etc, learnt this from JG and with DA & PO, this caring, nurturing, supportive environment will rub off on all the players, the officials, the club, the region etc.

When we pass away we can't take the $$$$$ with us but we do take the MAN and a MAN can only be created out of acts of love. Its time to stop looking at players like souless stock items on the stock market and start treating them as MAN.

Football is only a sport but it can be used to create MAN to inspire others in the community. A community is built out of MAN. A community can't be built out of soulless commodities.

Booooo Casper:lol::lol::lol:

I hear ya Casp, and you're spot on. The world needs more people like you.

Someone

Bench
wow, this was a rumoured/confirmed signings thread???, but lets turn it gay....???

hmm, 1 rumoured signing is that Barry Hall (swans) wants to switch codes and join the eels..???????????????????????? can anyone confrim or deny this????? like OMG

natheel

Coach
wow, this was a rumoured/confirmed signings thread???, but lets turn it gay....???

hmm, 1 rumoured signing is that Barry Hall (swans) wants to switch codes and join the eels..???????????????????????? can anyone confrim or deny this????? like OMG

where did u hear this?

born an eel

Bench
Staggers religion is a cult, they dance around fires naked drinking all this weird sh*t, then afterwards engage in mass group sex.
and I thought that was the Hayne lovers group......
oh no that's right they have to have sex by themselves as nobody wants them.

El Diablo

Post Whore

now that's turning it gay

talking about some AFL player

Status
Not open for further replies.