What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
But in DA we trust..... ;-)

sure..but he'll definitely get what he's worth which is about 65 to 75K nothing more and he will be nothing more but a cover for KK and Morts..

also, you will not hear of smiths signing for a long time because they will want to know his progress on his shoulder once he has his operation.

if he's the talent that everyone thinks than his future would of been sewn up by now.

sure..but he'll definitely get what he's worth which is about 65 to 75K nothing more and he will be nothing more but a cover for KK and Morts..

also, you will not hear of smiths signing for a long time because they will want to know his progress on his shoulder once he has his operation.

if he's the talent that everyone thinks than his future would of been sewn up by now.

If it's for 75K, we can't really lose ....... No doubt he has to prove himself.

He has many question marks over him, Hopefully Anderson can sort him out.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If it's for 75K, we can't really lose ....... No doubt he has to prove himself.

He has many question marks over him, Hopefully Anderson can sort him out.

we can lose big time, if he goes into try and tackle watnough and does his shoulder than we're f**ked whilst Robo would be sitting Watmough on his arse.

we can lose big time, if he goes into try and tackle watnough and does his shoulder than we're f**ked whilst Robo would be sitting Watmough on his arse.

We are coming 3rd last with Robson at the helm, He is simply not good enough and not 1st grade standard. He has no attack or vision and his kicking game is pathetic. Yes his defence is great but that is it.

Anderson must be seeing it this way if he is chasing Tim, otherwise he would have signed Robson ages ago.

Stagger eel

Staff member
We are coming 3rd last with Robson at the helm, He is simply not good enough and not 1st grade standard. He has no attack or vision and his kicking game is pathetic. Yes his defence is great but that is it.

Anderson must be seeing it this way if he is chasing Tim, otherwise he would have signed Robson ages ago.

Robo has exceded expectations he's doing much more than we bought him to do, if you're blaming Robo because we're coming third last than you should have good long look at yourself, in the mean time if you believe that Smith is the reason why we'll be premiership contenders than you've got massive problems..

we'll sign the Wigan reserve grade player for 60K purely to cover nothing more.

either 1 the other or both will cover for the real future halves when they need to.

I remember Tim Smith being scared to take the line on, dude didn't like being tackled.

I would be more then happy to see Tim Smith play week in and out for Wenty on peanuts. But that is all !

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah but Staggs, DA said that we were only going for 4 cheap players and Whammo, we get TAHU.

Tahu said he was going to stay in Rugby and Whammo.

SO who is this big name Forward Musahi is talking about that will shatter this earth?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeah but Staggs, DA said that we were only going for 4 cheap players and Whammo, we get TAHU.

Tahu said he was going to stay in Rugby and Whammo.

SO who is this big name Forward Musahi is talking about that will shatter this earth?

mate, i would imagine that Ossie is a very honest man and he said this morning on 2KY and i quote "there will be no more big signings, but we are looking at a couple of players in the lower end of the market"

I hardly call tim Smith a big signing but it will undoubtebly attract alot of attention.

Robo has exceded expectations he's doing much more than we bought him to do, if you're blaming Robo because we're coming third last than you should have good long look at yourself, in the mean time if you believe that Smith is the reason why we'll be premiership contenders than you've got massive problems..

either 1 the other or both will cover for the real future halves when they need to.

Stagger open your eyes and read what I wrote, I think you should take a look at yourself .... as I never said one of the things that you just wrote :roll: Where did I blame "Robbo," Where did I say Tim would put us with premiership contenders?

Yes, I don't rate Robbo. He is nothing but a Park football player. But he is not the sole reason for where we are atm. Their a multitude of reasons.

yy_cheng

Coach
Fair enough about PO as I agree. Otherwise it will be something like 100 Hail Mary's and 200 Our Fathers.

Kornstar

Coach

He was playing regular first grade for Wigan when he did his shoulder. He only had a small stint to recover from an injury.

I totally understand everyone's concerns but he will have to work his way back! It is pretty simple, he won't walk into first grade so i don't know what people's problem is??????????

If he earns his spot that means he is playing better then the regular halves, what is wrong with that??????

natheel

Coach

To me that right there is putting the blame on Robbos shoulders

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger open your eyes and read what I wrote, I think you should take a look at yourself .... as I never said one of the things that you just wrote :roll: Where did I blame "Robbo," Where did I say Tim would put us with premiership contenders?

Yes, I don't rate Robbo. He is nothing but a Park football player. But he is not the sole reason for where we are atm. Their a multitude of reasons.

what natheel said...

Stagger eel

Staff member
He was playing regular first grade for Wigan when he did his shoulder. He only had a small stint to recover from an injury.

I totally understand everyone's concerns but he will have to work his way back! It is pretty simple, he won't walk into first grade so i don't know what people's problem is??????????

If he earns his spot that means he is playing better then the regular halves, what is wrong with that??????

in terms of his stint at Wigan, he was struggling big time and couldn't oust thomas luelalie as the chief playmaker that with the operation concerns me alot..i have no problems with what you said after that and would be more than happy to be proven wrong there and unlike other people I won't go hiding if he does prove to be a roaring success.

Bazal

Post Whore
in terms of his stint at Wigan, he was struggling big time and couldn't oust thomas luelalie as the chief playmaker that with the operation concerns me alot..i have no problems with what you said after that and would be more than happy to be proven wrong there and unlike other people I won't go hiding if he does prove to be a roaring success.

I wouldn't read too much into the Leuluai thing tbh...that nuffy was to Noble what Lowrie was to Hagan, must have been his long lost son or something. Useless player, but Noble couldn't pick a side without him unless he was injured.

I for one can take or leave Timmy after the amount of water that has passed under the bridge....But the thing that gets me about the Tim Smith situation is how many people simply dismiss his signing for no good reason. Really, at 60 odd grand and coming back through Wenty, what exactly do we have to lose? If he fires, we get one of the more dangerous attacking halves around for a bargain, and if he doesn't then we've got a decent player for Wenty and a back up at an appropriate price. I don't know about everyone else, but (and I have nothing against Robson, he's doing a good enough job all things considered) when your back up halfbacks biggest strength is his defence, then it's time to move on. It's no good if he lacks even the most basic attacking skills. Smith would be a gamble, sure, but I rank Poore, Tahu and Shackleton as bigger gambles given the money we spent on them. How many people are complaining about them?

Just as an aside on this, a mate of mine used to work with Osbourne and he reckons that if this is true, it will be because Ossie can't help but help people...it would mean that he sees something in Tim not just as a player, but as a person and wants to help him along the road to realising that something. Sounds like the kinda bloke who will be great for us :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
I wouldn't read too much into the Leuluai thing tbh...that nuffy was to Noble what Lowrie was to Hagan, must have been his long lost son or something. Useless player, but Noble couldn't pick a side without him unless he was injured.

I for one can take or leave Timmy after the amount of water that has passed under the bridge....But the thing that gets me about the Tim Smith situation is how many people simply dismiss his signing for no good reason. Really, at 60 odd grand and coming back through Wenty, what exactly do we have to lose? If he fires, we get one of the more dangerous attacking halves around for a bargain, and if he doesn't then we've got a decent player for Wenty and a back up at an appropriate price. I don't know about everyone else, but (and I have nothing against Robson, he's doing a good enough job all things considered) when your back up halfbacks biggest strength is his defence, then it's time to move on. It's no good if he lacks even the most basic attacking skills. Smith would be a gamble, sure, but I rank Poore, Tahu and Shackleton as bigger gambles given the money we spent on them. How many people are complaining about them?

Just as an aside on this, a mate of mine used to work with Osbourne and he reckons that if this is true, it will be because Ossie can't help but help people...it would mean that he sees something in Tim not just as a player, but as a person and wants to help him along the road to realising that something. Sounds like the kinda bloke who will be great for us :D

that's all very well and good Bazal but Lowrie example is poore when you consider that he's playing more first grade under Ando than he is under Hagan...and he's playing very good football also.

also, if we want to use the example of signing a bloke purely for humanitarian and whatever ability he has than we should stop whinging about Ben Smith signing a 4 year deal whilst recovering from total knee re-construction...fare's fare.

Eelementary

Post Whore

That's harsh...Lowrie isn't useless imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts