What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Brian Smith's son Rohan Smith to the eels coaching roster - it was mentioned in today's telegraph in the "Newcastle" sporting section. The article mentioned Roland most likely won't see out his contact with the knights and is rumoured to be going to the eels or overseas.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Newcastle fans seem to rate him about as high as we rate Daisy...tbh

From what I have read on the Knights forum it seems Brian is only using the Toyota cup a training avenue to develop NRL players, eg winning doesn't matter as the developing of individual skils / fitness that suit the NRL side is more important.

Gronk

Staff member
Rivals eat Pride's Humble pie

Emma Greenwood
Monday, July 27, 2009
© The Cairns Post

OUTSTANDING Northern Pride half Tom Humble admits an NRL contract is his next big goal but knows it won't come about if he takes his eyes off the job at hand.
Humble finished with an individual haul of 34 points in the Pride’s 54-24 win against Redcliffe at Dolphin Oval on Saturday, from four tries and nine goals, his performance sure to further excite the NRL teams already interested in the Blackwater product.
Humble’s manager Jim Banaghan is believed to be in talks with the Gold Coast and Parramatta for next year.
But NRL contracts are being banished from his thoughts while the Pride’s Queensland Cup campaign is alive.
Cairns-WebUsual-CP27JUL09P045-CC171326-PRIDE1.JPG

"If I was concentrating on that sort of stuff before (Saturday’s) game I mightn’t have put a performance like that in," Humble said yesterday. "Away from the game I’m taking an interest in it."
While Humble has not talked directly to any clubs, he hopes to be able to weigh up his options eventually with the offers Banaghan is fielding.
The Titans are believed to have offered a deal outside the main group of 25 contracted players, although coach Andrew Dunemann – who is resigned to losing his No. 6 next season – believes Humble is worthy of a top squad contract.
"I know the Titans made an inquiry after round two about him," Dunemann said.
"And (Parramatta’s) Rod Reddy has been watching him. He’s going to be with an NRL side. Hopefully it’s in the top 25 and if he performs like he did (on Saturday) it will be."
But Dunemann said Humble was right to take a blinkered approach to the Pride season, both for the team and for his own future.
"It’s got to be (his focus)," Dunemann said.
"He hasn’t signed anything (with an NRL club) yet and unless his focus stays on the Pride, his performance could suffer."
Humble said his aim was to score a top 25 position.
While he was happy with his own performance on Saturday, he was quick to deflect attention, saying the players inside and outside him deserved much of the credit.
http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2009/07/27/54111_local-sport-news.html

Gronk

Staff member
Prop Matthew Cross (Storm) -> Manly 2 years
Prop George Rose re-signed with Manly 2 years

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Melbourne Storm winger Steve Turner signs two-year deal with Bulldogs

July 28, 2009 The Bulldogs have added another premiership-winning State of Origin representative to their roster by securing the signature of Steve Turner for 2010 and 2011.
Turner, 24, has established himself as a senior member of the extremely successful Melbourne Storm, including three grand finals and perennial semi-final appearances, along with wearing the sky blue of New South Wales in 2008.

"Steve has been very impressive both on and off the field," said Bulldogs head coach Kevin Moore.

"He is a quality player with great experience for a 24-year-old, he can play in a variety of key positions and we think he will be another great addition to our club."

Turner, a former Penrith Junior, is excited about the prospect of returning to Sydney to join the Bulldogs family.

"I have been closely monitoring the Bulldogs this year and I think it will be the perfect environment to further my football career." said Turner.

"The Bulldogs culture of a family club is something I like and there style of footy suits the way I like to play."

This should rule out INU to the dogs.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25846058-5018866,00.html

Gronk

Staff member
Melbourne Storm winger Steve Turner signs two-year deal with Bulldogs

July 28, 2009 The Bulldogs have added another premiership-winning State of Origin representative to their roster by securing the signature of Steve Turner for 2010 and 2011.
Turner, 24, has established himself as a senior member of the extremely successful Melbourne Storm, including three grand finals and perennial semi-final appearances, along with wearing the sky blue of New South Wales in 2008.

"Steve has been very impressive both on and off the field," said Bulldogs head coach Kevin Moore.

"He is a quality player with great experience for a 24-year-old, he can play in a variety of key positions and we think he will be another great addition to our club."

Turner, a former Penrith Junior, is excited about the prospect of returning to Sydney to join the Bulldogs family.

"I have been closely monitoring the Bulldogs this year and I think it will be the perfect environment to further my football career." said Turner.

"The Bulldogs culture of a family club is something I like and there style of footy suits the way I like to play."

This should rule out INU to the dogs.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25846058-5018866,00.html

I thought he just HAD to be in Melbourne to be near his woman ?

Avenger

Immortal
HEAD START FOR EELS

Don't be surprised to see Parramatta sign injury-prone Dragon Matt Head. The Eels are looking for a halfback/hooker for 2010 and believe Head, currently playing off the bench for the Dragons, will be a good fit for them.

Source: The Mole, Rugby League Week - Page 6, 29 July 2009.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Too bad injuries have killed alot of his career he could have been anything by now. I wouldnt say no to him. He's got a great kicking game and would be a handy backup with one of our halves went down

Gronk

Staff member
HEAD START FOR EELS

Don't be surprised to see Parramatta sign injury-prone Dragon Matt Head. The Eels are looking for a halfback/hooker for 2010 and believe Head, currently playing off the bench for the Dragons, will be a good fit for them.

Source: The Mole, Rugby League Week - Page 6, 29 July 2009.

88 FG games in 7 years since his debut in 2003. :crazy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathew_Head

Status
Not open for further replies.