What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Immortal
Given his form in recent games you would assume his value on the market has risen and with what cap space is left he may be above what we have available.

SDM

First Grade
Exactly, last time we had Smith on our cap for a year, how many games did we get?

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Stop dickriding Tim Smith, i would prefer Matt Head injury prone or not.
It's just a fact mate, 88 games in 7 years says something about the bloke, his body isn't up to NRL standard and he can't handle the week in week out style of this game. But yeah let's sign him he will probably play 3 games for us over 3 years, i'd prefer Robson over Matt head.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Exactly, last time we had Smith on our cap for a year, how many games did we get?
Your honestly comparing that to Matt Head are you? You are an idiot. Two totally different situations. Tim left because of personal and health reasons. Matt Head just can't handle the NRL.

You would get more value and games out of mortimer keating and robson. Matt Head would be a waste of time.

I wasn't trying to start this into a tim smith thread either, but when stagger said head would be better then smith i just made the statement we would get more games out of tim.

Stagger eel

Staff member
What a shame. This Mitchell kid better be something special.

if Anthony Mitchell hasn't played a fg game by the end of the year he'd start at round 1 next year as Tim Mannah did...

he's a REAL! talent and probably the reason why we haven't committed with Kinga yet.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
if Anthony Mitchell hasn't played a fg game by the end of the year he'd start at round 1 next year as Tim Mannah did...

he's a REAL! talent and probably the reason why we haven't committed with Kinga yet.
Cool, can't see him getting a game this season with the combination we got now between keats and kinga. But hopefully he gets his run next season. I haven't seen much of him to comment.

Kingston is making a impact though, blooding Mitchell would be a drawn out operation. Its hard to take when you have Kinga playing so well to be pinning your hopes on a guy who really won't make the same impact for a longtime.

SDM

First Grade
Your honestly comparing that to Matt Head are you? You are an idiot. Two totally different situations. Tim left because of personal and health reasons. Matt Head just can't handle the NRL.

You would get more value and games out of mortimer keating and robson. Matt Head would be a waste of time.

I wasn't trying to start this into a tim smith thread either, but when stagger said head would be better then smith i just made the statement we would get more games out of tim.

Smith isn't up to it mentally, Head isn't up to it physically, although this year it has mainly been better players keeping him out I believe (same as Smith, although he has been injured aswell).

Your comment has no basis.

On recent footy, it would be easier to argue Head as the more durable player.

I do not know you, and am not naive enough to make a comment on you're intellectual capabilities.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Smith isn't up to it mentally, Head isn't up to it physically, although this year it has mainly been better players keeping him out I believe (same as Smith, although he has been injured aswell).

I do not know you, and am not naive enough to make a comment on you're intellectual capabilities.
You would prefer Matt Head, i would prefer Tim Smith. No point arguing. Let's just move on, we will never agree.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kingston is making a impact though, blooding Mitchell would be a drawn out operation. Its hard to take when you have Kinga playing so well to be pinning your hopes on a guy who really won't make the same impact for a longtime.

we are talking about next year, not now!

Mitchell will have 6 months of fulltime training with the firstgrade squad and after 2 solid years in the NYC will be riped for the picking by March next year, Kinga may well yet score himself a part time contract but at the moment is not a priority signing and could be up against it with Mitchell and Galati coming through..

hybrideel

Bench

That's my issue. If Bennett sees Hornby at a better 7 than Head, he must not be going too well

SDM

First Grade
Yeah, but if everything goes to plan, this player will not see first grade, so they don't have to be a world beater. Just a team player who doesn't rock the boat.

I'm sorry i thought this was a forum where people were entitled to their opinions. Or are we only allowed an opinion if it is the same as yours?

You have to have my opinion sorry.

In all seriousness like its fine to state your opinion but to constantly ram home how good Tim Smith is gets old quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts