What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel01s

Bench
Parrachilean, what goes, an Origin player, a City Rep player and a dual international, and you are questioning recruitment.

What rock have you been under, can't believe you actually wrote that, this is the most substantial recruitment we have seen at the club for a long time, mind boggling comment

I think most sane Parra fans, let alone rugby league fans would agree with you Delboy!

84 Baby

Referee
if they do play for Wenty I'll be tipping Wenty to win the comp....lol
If they do, I'll tip Parra to win the comp by a street because apparently we would have unearthed 3 players capable of keeping those 3 out of 1st grade

Gronk

Staff member
Travis Burns -> Penriff.

Nice pickup. He would have been pretty cheap after a crap year with the cowgirls.

slammingsam

Juniors
Dont know if this is the right thread - Brad Lupi ( from Souths ) is now too old for 20s and has been signed by Wentworthville.

slammingsam

Juniors
He is pretty average.
I watched alot of him - he has size in his corner but he would have too improve a fair margin to be anywhere near NRL standard.

Gronk

Staff member
Dylan Sharp; 20; 188cm; 103kg; Front-Rower, Second-Rower; captain of the Sydney Roosters Toyota Cup team in 2009; son of former Parramatta forward Steve Sharp;

:shock: I didn't know that Sharpies kid was playing for the Rorters.

Last edited by a moderator:

natheel

Coach
You think Poore will be playing in Wenty??? Who will they bring up instead of him?
All of the NSW forward pack was dominated in Origin, they always have been.
Shackleton may have played for the Roosters, but he also played City/Country, he's got a decent workrate and could fit nicely into the gap left by Galuvao.
The only one I'm worried about is Tahu. We know pretty well what the other 2 will bring, but Tahu has a history of injuries, been out of the game for a couple of years and never really got match fitness in union

Tahu is always good for 20 games a season so im not worried really as long as he keeps up his fitness.

Poore imo should start off the bench after the year fui and cayless had and work his way into the starting lineup and earn his money

the shack im happy to be straight into the second row with hindy and will only improve alongside a player like hindmarsh

The Preacher

First Grade
2GB just broadcast that Hayne has signed for 4yrs at 500k per year.

I'm no Parra fan but I'm happy he stayed in the NRL.

Gronk

Staff member
Might have to get him feeding the scrum, kicking goals, peeling the oranges and washing the jerseys for that sort of cash.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/12/22/111301_ntsport.html

Parramatta snap up teenage Raider

December 22nd, 2009

NEWCASTLE Knights winger James McManus blazed a trail to the National Rugby League like no other Territorian before him.

But hot on the NSW Origin representative's heels is another Palmerston Raider making good, Bradley Hanson.

Just as McManus did in 2002, Hansen was named Darwin Rugby League's rookie of the year.

And like the 17-year-old McManus did in 2003, Hansen yesterday signed his first NRL deal.

The versatile teenager will join Parramatta's Toyota Cup side in 2011, seeing out another year in Darwin with the Raiders and leading the NT Titans in the under-18 Mal Meninga Cup in Queensland.

He will also trial for the Affiliated States team that will play in the top tier of the Australian under-18 schoolboys championships.

If unsuccessful he will again play for the Territory under-18 side in Pool B.

Hansen's first order of business in the New Year will be a week-long training camp with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) which will include trial games against Canberra and St George in mid-January.

Fellow NT Institute of Sport players Jake Watts, Dylan Cartwright and Matt Bennett will also push their cases for selection in the 2010 AIS squad.

Watts, Bennett and Cartwright will then try woo Manly Sea Eagle and West Tigers selectors in a bid to win NRL contracts themselves.

The Colonel

Immortal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts