What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
surely they have to go through the NSWRL and you would think they would not allow clubs to steal junior clubs from other areas

if they do a deal with Cronulla they should be told to go f**k a duck and play in the Cronulla comp

well we don't know the real facts yet do we?? and by showing the "f**k you" stance than we'll might as well say goodbye to the Haynes, INU, Keatings, Hodkinsons, Oake and Williams...

maybe a deal has been struck between Cabra/sharks and Parra? maybe the NSWRL has signed off on it before Parra knowing? we need to know what the true facts are before we jump up and down but it certainly smells bad from the surface.

Gronk

Staff member
BS. Parra have thrown the cash about of late, so Stewart's manager mentions the Eels to talk his clients contract up. Zzzzzz.

84 Baby

Referee
BS. Parra have thrown the cash about of late, so Stewart's manager mentions the Eels to talk his clients contract up. Zzzzzz.
I wouldn't say it's total BS. Unlike now, at the end of next season we could have a lot of available funds. A lot. However I believe we'll use that money to resign most of our current players and only have lower tier positions available. I don't rate Stewart but he's worth more than $50k a year

born an eel

Bench
priority should be to sign current players and upcoming juniors, I don't think we need to look outside our club in 2011. Unless a key player leaves I would be happy enough not to buy anyone from outside the club.

yy_cheng

Coach
priority should be to sign current players and upcoming juniors, I don't think we need to look outside our club in 2011. Unless a key player leaves I would be happy enough not to buy anyone from outside the club.

props.

I would go after another top notch prop if Caylo retires.

Fui is off contract in 2011 too so it leaves Poore and Mannah as certainties.

Fui could be chased by other teams. Like Warriors and of course Brian Smith's easts and manly and melbourne

Delboy

First Grade
John Mannah would be terrific, would cement the club as a family club, and stop those pariahs and vultures in Cronulla , they are becoming extremely annoying.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Johnny would be great if we could pick him up, back in the days when they played for Guildford I always said that Johnny was better then Timmy. But first thing is for Johnny to get better first.

ROGUE

Juniors
John Mannah would be terrific, would cement the club as a family club, and stop those pariahs and vultures in Cronulla , they are becoming extremely annoying.

I gotta say i've watched him closely for the sharks and i think he's been very average, could this be another case of us looking at our juniors thru rose coloured glasses.Just putting it out there

The Colonel

Immortal
PARRA EELS SMASH TITANS
Story & Photo's By :
oft_s9a.jpg

The Parramatta Eels under 17 development squad have wrapped up their Coffs Harbour and Queensland tour by smashing the Gold Coast Titans SG Ball squad nine tries to three on the Gold Coast yesterday.
There were no kicks at goal.

The Eels were well led by captain and prop Michael Inskip who had a great game.
Other players to shine were Inskip's front row partner Jarrod Azar, lock Luke Fishburn, halves Jason Seage, Nutana Te Rangi and Jason Wehbe, centre Sam Ahofono and fullback George Khoury.

The Eels are looking strong for the 2010 SG Ball season.
They will be further boosted by the inclusion of the external signings of Penrith Panthers powerhouse prop Tai Tuivasa, country representative backrower Zacc Douglas and Queensland and AIS representative centre Josh Batalibasi.

TAI TUIVASA JUMPS SHIP TO PARRA
Story & Photo By :
oft_s9a.jpg

Tai Tuivasa from Penrith has joined the Parramatta Eels SG Ball team for next season.
The 120 kg human wrecking ball was not graded by Penrith for next year and trialled with Parramatta last week.
He scored two tries and made numerous line breaks and will be a good addition to the already powerful Eels line-up.

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/news_09.php

stGeorge_v_penrith_hmc_rnd7_21_s3L.jpg

Tai Tuivasa

PARRA EELS OPEN THEIR TOUR ACCOUNT
Story & Photo By :
oft_s9a.jpg

The Parramatta Eels under 17 development squad have started their Coffs Harbour and Queensland tour in style by defeating a Country development squad by 40 - 0 at Advocate Park Coffs Harbour. The big win is exemplified by the fact there were no kicks at goal.

The locals featured the best players from the Northern Rivers and mid north coast regions including players from last month's controversial grand final played between Sawtell Panthers and Nambucca Roosters which erupted in violence.

Star of the game was centre/winger Sam Ahofono who scored four tries. Other strong performances came from bullocking prop Jarrod Azar, winger Maroun Estaphan and half back Nutana Te Rangi.

Parramatta's final game of the tour is against the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday at the Gold Coast.

The Colonel

Immortal
HILLS SPORTS HIGH's AMAZING FIGHT BACK
Story & Photo's By : pk &
oft_s9a.jpg

The Hills Sports High School has defeated Endeavour Sports High School 46 - 40 in the grand final of the CHS University Shield for Sports High Schools (SHS).
The game was played in fine conditions at the magnificent Shark Park - the home of the Cronulla Sharks football team.
As the score indicates defence was not on the menu of either team. But what a game of football with 15 tries scored on the day – 8 by the victors and 7 by Endeavour.
Endeavour will be bashing themselves up today wondering how they let the game slip after leading 18-0 after fifteen minutes and 40-18 mid way through the second half.
Their players were visibly upset after the final hooter went with skipper John Nicholas unable to talk at the official presentation. But we are not going to bash them up today. They are a magnificent football team who deserve the utmost respect from the rugby league public.
Today wasn’t their day. Sure they will rue the lost opportunity of not having their names etched on the big shield but that’s football folks.
Yesterday was all about the new kids on the block. Those brazen, loud, out there boys from Sydney’s west. Take a bow boys – that was quite a fight back.
The game started out as I expected with Endeavour opening up Hills defence easily with three quick tries to open up a good lead of 18-0. Soon it went to 24-6 after a Hills try and another to Endeavour.
Hills hit back before half time with another two tries to make the score at the break a respectable 24-18 in favour of Endeavour.
Soon after the break the Shire boys put on three quick tries after feeble Hills defence again let them down. The score blew out to 40-18 and old Pk’s prediction of an eighteen points win to Endeavour was looking good.
After the third try you could see the Hills boys standing behind the goal posts. They did not look disillusioned with heads bowed nor were they arguing with each other. What the heck – they were laughing and geeing each other up.
Ourfootyteam.com understands the Hills boys said to each other that they found themselves in the same position in the first half so there was no reason why they couldn’t mount another fight back.
A bit of luck, a bit more of the football, some penalties that went their way, better discipline in offence and defence from Hills and some ill-discipline in defence from Endeavour contributed to the amazing comeback from the boys from Seven Hills.
Leading the second half fight back were props Peni Terepo and William Skelton, fullback Jason Seage and centre Jorge Taufa.
Terepo started to run like a big Mack truck out of control and he was slipping balls to support players. Seage inspired his team with two clean breaks and a freakish pass under pressure to Taufa who scored in the corner. Taufa was causing big problems for the Endeavour defence out wide with his strong runs.
William Skelton the 153kg colossus was intimidating Endeavour with powerful surges that led to numerous field gains of twenty metres plus. He was drawing in three and four defenders each time and the Sharks coach Ricky Stuart who was in attendance at the game was heard to say to his assistant, “Get his manager’s phone number”.
From the 40-18 scoreline Hills scored 5 tries in a row to take the match 46-40. Best players for Endeavour were second rowers Joseph Leilua and Dj Lokeni-Purcell, fullback Kane Gilles who scored three tries, hooker Cameron King and prop Daniel Ahsin.
King left the field with concussion in the second half after accidently colliding with Seage’s knee in one of his high stepping runs.
But credit must go to the Hills forward pack who tamed the Endeavour beast that included three Australian Schoolboys in their pack.
Best for Hills were Terepo, Seage, Taufa, hooker Nick Folino, Skelton, prop Jason Havea, five eight Jason Wehbe and second rower Brett Bennett.
Both The Hills and Endeavour SHS's deserve their places in the TOP TEN AUSSIE SCHOOLS (new TOP 10 soon)
Here is what I thought of the Hills players on the day:
Sam Ahofono - Fast and hard running
Jorge Taufa - Strong in offence and defence
Jordan Petera - Has step and pace for a big man
Charles Bonanno - Plenty of pace
Jason Wehbe - Crafty and great kicker
Nutana Te Rangi - Great defender and good organiser
Nick Folino - Strong and quick
Jason Havea - No wonder the Melbourne Storm have signed him. Great buy!
Arthur Meredith - Had a red hot go
Brett Bennett - Athletic and always looking for work
Tim Crellin - “Pit Bull” got injured but softened up a few in defence while there
Jason Seage - Brilliant ball runner and “Pit Bull junior” in D
Ethan Mafi - This boy is a gun and made some great runs
William Skelton - Scary
Peni Terepo - Best prop in Australia at this age (?)
Alan Fepualai - Big unit who can run and off load
Mark Horo – coach Inspirational

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/news_09.php

Good number of the boys above will be involved in SG Ball and the NYC side for next year - Crellin, Terepo, Wehbe, Folino, Ahofono.....

Status
Not open for further replies.