What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRam

Coach
other than the info I received a few weeks back which apparently someone at the club has denied, I really don't know..

but if we're negotiating with Watts for next year do you really think we are going to sign another hooker this year and next?? how many do we need??

backrow is where it's at, we need a big moble wide running cannon ball...

Thanks Staggs, but two hookers would be good. At the moment we have none. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thanks Staggs, but two hookers would be good. At the moment we have none. ;-)

actually we have 2 + a makeshift hooker...they may well be struggling but they're there, whether you, I or anyone else likes it...

mind you RAM, this could be easily fixed if you can find a club that is willing to buy out the contracts of Robson, Mitchell and Keating..;-)

TheRam

Coach
actually we have 2 + a makeshift hooker...they may well be struggling but they're there, whether you, I or anyone else likes it...

mind you RAM, this could be easily fixed if you can find a club that is willing to buy out the contracts of Robson, Mitchell and Keating..;-)

Well for one, Watts isn't an option for 2010, but 2011 onwards.

Then there is the fact that Mitchell is a over hyped reserve grader, so who gives a squat?

As for Robson he is a utility on very little money.

And finally in regards to Keating who's probably on the highest amount of cash out of those three, we need to move heaven and earth to see him moved on to another NRL or Super League club.

Surely it can't be that hard to find a club for a guy that has played 60 odd first grade games? Yeah, yeah Staggs, I know that you will harp on about the player having to want to move as you always do, we know, we know, but most players when confronted by the cold hard facts, generally take the option of a new begining.

So I ask again, why wouldn't you want two REAL hookers at our club of the calibre of Buderus the teacher and Watts the pupil, if it is at all possible. Which by my reckoning it totally is. ;-);-) :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Then there is the fact that Mitchell is a over hyped reserve grader, so who gives a squat?

I agree. Everybody around here seems to be reaching climax over him, despite him never playing first grade. His performances in the lower grades are no guarantee he'll cut it in first grade.

Then again, I said the same thing about Jarryd Hayne when he was a reserve grader (I haven't watched lower grades for about 12 years) :oops:.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well for one, Watts isn't an option for 2010, but 2011 onwards.

As for Robson he is a utility on very little money.

And finally in regards to Keating who's probably on the highest amount of cash out of those three, we need to move heaven and earth to see him moved on to another NRL or Super League club.

Surely it can't be that hard to find a club for a guy that has played 60 odd first grade games? Yeah, yeah Staggs, I know that you will harp on about the player having to want to move as you always do, we know, we know, but most players when confronted by the cold hard facts, generally take the option of a new begining.

So I ask again, why wouldn't you want two REAL hookers at our club of the calibre of Buderus the teacher and Watts the pupil, if it is at all possible. Which by my reckoning it totally is. ;-);-) :lol:

maybe go and see a Wenty game from time to time...

but hey, you're a goddamn expert not me, I'm giving you the hard cold facts but you live in fantasy land which is basicaly why I recommended Farah, Ennis and Smith...

but hey, you're an expert so go have a chat to DA about it than come back and tell us all what happens??...and don't forget to tell us what a nuffy Mitchell is..please do us all a favour, because we all want the one thing don't we.

let us know how you go.

Stagger eel

Staff member
by the way, I'm really not interested whether I'm right or wrong and I don't particularly give a sh*t about any dick measuring contests but if we can win a comp with 17 hookers than f**k it, let's go for it....bring it on.

murraymob

Coach
by the way, I'm really not interested whether I'm right or wrong and I don't particularly give a sh*t about any dick measuring contests but if we can win a comp with 17 hookers than f**k it, let's go for it....bring it on.

you will not win a comp with 17 hookers but you will have a big smile on your face trying

TheRam

Coach
maybe go and see a Wenty game from time to time...

but hey, you're a goddamn expert not me, I'm giving you the hard cold facts but you live in fantasy land which is basicaly why I recommended Farah, Ennis and Smith...

but hey, you're an expert so go have a chat to DA about it than come back and tell us all what happens??...and don't forget to tell us what a nuffy Mitchell is..please do us all a favour, because we all want the one thing don't we.

let us know how you go.

Sheesh temper, temper mate. Just cos I have a differing opinion to yours, there's no need to throw a tizzy fit. Why do you so often resort to an ugly display of agro and arrogance when you feel someone is challenging your authority or knowledge? There really isn't any need for it mate.

I'm sorry you felt so threatened, but if you paid more attention to the laughing emotion at the end of my post, you may have realized that I was stating my case with light humour, not malice. Oh well, whatever mate.

hindy111

Post Whore
If anyone watched the cowboys game-Watts was fantastic!
MK would find a club in ESL.Robson would be cheap-a good back up and can fill in a few spots so worth keeping.

gustarny

Juniors
What is it with everyone lately .Is it the rain or have we all been on the angry pills .Chill out folks .And yes Anthony Watts come on down just what we need Alah PJ Marsh when he was at his best.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sheesh temper, temper mate. Just cos I have a differing opinion to yours, there's no need to throw a tizzy fit. Why do you so often resort to an ugly display of agro and arrogance when you feel someone is challenging your authority or knowledge? There really isn't any need for it mate.

I'm sorry you felt so threatened, but if you paid more attention to the laughing emotion at the end of my post, you may have realized that I was stating my case with light humour, not malice. Oh well, whatever mate.

hey that's cool dude, but all I'm interested is getting a winning side together, i'm also interested in supporting those players representing our club now, i'm not particularly interested in a battle of the f**king minds over it.

so again, I'd love for you to put those suggestions forward to the coaching staff so they can run with it..

ROGUE

Juniors
If anyone watched the cowboys game-Watts was fantastic!
MK would find a club in ESL.Robson would be cheap-a good back up and can fill in a few spots so worth keeping.
He was great and the speed from dummy half was exceptional and niggly and in your face just like pj at his peak.So yes please !

Forty20

First Grade
I'm a fan of his and I said as much in the thread dedicated to the matter but as Stagger said, unless we can get someone to buy out M. Keating or Robson then he is surplus to requirements. It would be great if we had him though.

Also having seen quite a few of Wenty's games (courtesy of Wednesday arvo on Fox) I can vouch for Mitchell. He may not light up first grade and absolutely carve it up initially but he definitely has the raw materials there to develop into a top shelf hooker or perhaps even a half.

Right now I see our signing priorities as a senior half on the cheap (Barret/Kimmorely) to mentor K. Keating/Humble/Mortimer/Mitchell. Orford would be suitable as well but he won't come to us for loose change.

A big ball running cannon ball should be on our shopping list as well, though depending on how things play out with Filiga and Te Maari we may not need to look to far.

I think we have enough front row depth to be able to get away without signing anyone for next year. Fui, Poore, Mannah, Pele, Shacktleton, Hindmarsh, Allgood leave us with quite some depth barring a horror injury toll.

I would love for us to pick up a big signing before or after June 30 (obviously for different reasons) and it is nice to know that we have enough left in the coffers to be in the mix but if we don't sign anyway of note that simply gives us some reserves to shore up the core of the squad we have currently.

SDM

First Grade
Our forwards get smashed = our hooker is useless

North QLD forwards get smashed = their hooker was great?

I think Watts is a below average halfback playing out of position.

84 Baby

Referee
Our forwards get smashed = our hooker is useless

North QLD forwards get smashed = their hooker was great?

I think Watts is a below average halfback playing out of position.
I don't get the ranga love either. Is he honestly that much an improvement over what we've already got? I'd prefer Aaron "constantly in" Payne. We'd be paying Watts 6 figures, we'd be paying Mitchell 5 and from what I've seen Mitchell is a 1000 times better value for money. Nothing against Watts as a player just don't see the point going outside for someone who isn't an immediate and big improvement on what we've already got

MrT

Juniors
I don't get the ranga love either. Is he honestly that much an improvement over what we've already got? I'd prefer Aaron "constantly in" Payne. We'd be paying Watts 6 figures, we'd be paying Mitchell 5 and from what I've seen Mitchell is a 1000 times better value for money. Nothing against Watts as a player just don't see the point going outside for someone who isn't an immediate and big improvement on what we've already got

If Watts wasn't an improvement on what we already have, Anderson wouldn't be talking to him. We have absolutely no spark out of dummy half what so ever. I can only imagine Watts taking the ball out of dummy half after a Mannah surge and fast play the ball. We have one of the slowest attacks in the league

TheRam

Coach

Mate, seriously, you have massive problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.