What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornstar

Coach
Ozzie & Ando are interviewing Anthony Watts from the Cowboys sometime in the next couple of days about signing for next season.

Unsure why we would want this guy? I think it was mentioned in another thread but this guy just seems to be an inch short in everything he does.

He looks willing and has all the passion in the world but he always falls short in pretty much everything he does.

I don't doubt his commitment but i don't think he would offer us anything over and above what we currently have!

Where does this leave Mitchell? Surely he deserves a shot before we give away his spot??????

TheRam

Coach
Unsure why we would want this guy? I think it was mentioned in another thread but this guy just seems to be an inch short in everything he does.

He looks willing and has all the passion in the world but he always falls short in pretty much everything he does.

I don't doubt his commitment but i don't think he would offer us anything over and above what we currently have!

Where does this leave Mitchell? Surely he deserves a shot before we give away his spot??????

I don't agree, but I suppose that is for the coach to decide.

lewiscook

Juniors

It's an interesting move tbh.

I'd much rather be spending the money on a wide running backrower and another recking ball to bulk up our already hard-working front row.

I haven't seen much of Watts tbh but when i have it is clearly obvious he is a hard working player.

hindy111

Post Whore
I like watts-better than any hooker we have...Robson and MK arent great-Mitchell is un tested....I guess it aint buderus who maybe comming in..Orford hey!

Parra Steve

Juniors
I'd pass on watts, good player but is he going to offer any different than say humble or mitchell will I'd rather keep humble and Mitchell

Hutchy86

Juniors
hypothetically, if we snare Orford.. where does he fit in?
6. K.Keating / Mortimer
7. Orford

9. Robson

14. Mortimer / K.Keating

Hutchy86

Juniors
I'd pass on watts, good player but is he going to offer any different than say humble or mitchell will I'd rather keep humble and Mitchell
Watts has been a pretty exciting player for a couple of seasons now.. always looks like he could do something, but lacks the final punch. I think he'd be a gun buy.. just needs to tidy the edges, so to speak
if it is Bedsy who joins us for a year and a half then imagine the development he could offer to a bloke like Mitchell or Watts?

hindy111

Post Whore
watts is 23...Next year he will be 24 and at his peak.He is playing behind a busted forward pack.Ive liked him eveytime ive seen the cowboys.Better than anything we have. If we do get him thou id like to see Mitchell given a run.If he proves himself id try and release MK as he would be beyond requirements and would still have robo who could fill in....

TheRam

Coach
This question is more for you Staggs, but if anyone else knows anything, feel free to jump in.

Now that Brent Tait has broken his jaw, do you know if our club has re-approached the warriors on a possible early release of Inu, so as we can maybe lure someone like Danny Buderus (not Orford) to our club? :pray:

TheRam

Coach
watts is 23...Next year he will be 24 and at his peak.He is playing behind a busted forward pack.Ive liked him eveytime ive seen the cowboys.Better than anything we have. If we do get him thou id like to see Mitchell given a run.If he proves himself id try and release MK as he would be beyond requirements and would still have robo who could fill in....

Spot on post Hindy111.

Stagger eel

Staff member
This question is more for you Staggs, but if anyone else knows anything, feel free to jump in.

Now that Brent Tait has broken his jaw, do you know if our club has re-approached the warriors on a possible early release of Inu, so as we can maybe lure someone like Danny Buderus (not Orford) to our club? :pray:

other than the info I received a few weeks back which apparently someone at the club has denied, I really don't know..

but if we're negotiating with Watts for next year do you really think we are going to sign another hooker this year and next?? how many do we need??

backrow is where it's at, we need a big moble wide running cannon ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.