What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyEel

Bench
If Watts wasn't an improvement on what we already have, Anderson wouldn't be talking to him. We have absolutely no spark out of dummy half what so ever. I can only imagine Watts taking the ball out of dummy half after a Mannah surge and fast play the ball. We have one of the slowest attacks in the league
True that, Watts would be a huge improvement on what we currently have IMO.

hindy111

Post Whore
If we could gett watts for no more than 130K id be happy with that.....
He runs rings on MK and robson.

84 Baby

Referee
Mate, seriously, you have massive problems.
:clap: good input.
IMO the only difference between Watts, Robson & Keating ATM the is that Watts is more aggressive. He wouldn't improve the passing or kicking out of dummy half enough to warrant taking on 4 hookers for 2011

Stagger eel

Staff member
from what I saw last night, O'Donnell and Watts were their better players and funnily enough both have been linked to the club in recent weeks..

I can definitely live with both at the club.

Delboy

First Grade
Ummm, intersting he is headed to the beaches... are they not complaining they do not have the room to sign Hodko etc., yet they are there for Sika Manu

84 Baby

Referee
Ummm, intersting he is headed to the beaches... are they not complaining they do not have the room to sign Hodko etc., yet they are there for Sika Manu
Well we apparently didn't have room to match Warriors offer to Mateo but have been linked to Inglis

Watts is a really talented player,im a big fan.

Bit like Pj Marsh in that he is quick, good passer, can tackle & and has fire. Parra lack a fiery player that can give it back !

If we can get Watts then we will be hard to beat.

84 Baby

Referee
I think it was more the case of not wanting to match the Warriors offer..
That's what I was hinting at with Manly/Hodkinson/Manu. Maybe they don't have the money to afford Hodko... or maybe they only want to offer him up to a certain amount. Just cause media quotes that a club can't sign player A because they are close to the salary cap isn't necessarily accurate. Could just be a cop out to shift an unwanted player

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
When was the last time Manly did not keep a player they wanted, some argument re Menzies but he was at the end of his career.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

I would argue that Manly never really made the effort to keep him..I reckon in about 90% of time Manly will get their recruit while they very rarely (if any) lose a player that they want to keep..

Avenger

Immortal
Spoke to a mate of mine who is a long time member of the Cowboys. Told me that Watts has agreed to terms with Parra however he is under contract with them for 2011 but their is a release clause in his contract. (Do not know in which favour). He also tells me that there is constant player disharmony at the Cowboys with coach, Henry. He may be on the way out. ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts