What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
yeah it's a bit tricky. Some rumours you are allowed to write but you have to be careful because some you are not allowed to mention, so they get wiped. It does make it a bit confusing.

If this is about the rumour I posted, I am happy to take it down if it causes a bit of angst.

SDM

First Grade
Last game, when Manu got smashed first up, then went on to make about 40 metres in his next 8 runs, I thought, if they are looking at this bloke they may aswell kept Huraiki, atleast he wont be injured 15 games a year.

andrew057

First Grade
It's hard to say just how good inside info can be until it actually gets sorted out. Anything can happen.

But I've heard it's a very good possibility of happening.

I don't see the issue with signing Watts or Williams tbh.

Cheers buddy.

Well as mentioned on the forum, we will have Robson, Keating and Mitchell all available to play hooker, is there really room for Watts?

Williams is on good coin at Manly, so unless theyre willing to pay part of his contract, I dont want any part of him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well as mentioned on the forum, we will have Robson, Keating and Mitchell all available to play hooker, is there really room for Watts?

Williams is on good coin at Manly, so unless theyre willing to pay part of his contract, I dont want any part of him.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I think Watts would be a very good buy (though I wouldn't want us to pay much more than $100k) but we'd have to shed a hooker or two. Otherwise part of our cap would be paying blokes to play for Wenty.

And you're right about Williams. Paying big money for wingers is no way to build a Premiership-winning team. Unless he played a lot of back-row (limited minutes of course) he'd have to take a pay cut to come here. Even if Manly was paying part of his contract, that would only last until his deal with them expired. Would he be happy with a winger's pay after that?

Because honestly I don't think he's suitable as a back-rower. He might be big and fast but he seems to be a bit sluggish in defence - I reckon plenty of little blokes would get past him.

He's over 110kg. Why couldn't he play front-row? Tuck the ball under your arm and run Tony! It could be his best position.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Last game, when Manu got smashed first up, then went on to make about 40 metres in his next 8 runs, I thought, if they are looking at this bloke they may aswell kept Huraiki, atleast he wont be injured 15 games a year.

Most other players smashed like that by Fui Fui would be incapable of making 4 meters over the next 8 run ups. I would be surprised if they did better than -40 meters over their next 8 run ups... they would be running backwards in a dream chased by little bo peep who lost her sheep.....

eels81236

Bench
Josh Perry to sign with St Helens, probably this weekend. Manly are confident of getting Manu to replace him...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Cheers buddy.

I'd agree. But Tony is still contracted to Manly for 2011, so if he were to rejoin the Eels he'd have to get a release. I am not 100% sure what the details are but suffice it to say if we do pull this off, I am led to believe we will be better off...

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I think Watts would be a very good buy (though I wouldn't want us to pay much more than $100k) but we'd have to shed a hooker or two. Otherwise part of our cap would be paying blokes to play for Wenty.

And you're right about Williams. Paying big money for wingers is no way to build a Premiership-winning team. Unless he played a lot of back-row (limited minutes of course) he'd have to take a pay cut to come here. Even if Manly was paying part of his contract, that would only last until his deal with them expired. Would he be happy with a winger's pay after that?

Because honestly I don't think he's suitable as a back-rower. He might be big and fast but he seems to be a bit sluggish in defence - I reckon plenty of little blokes would get past him.

He's over 110kg. Why couldn't he play front-row? Tuck the ball under your arm and run Tony! It could be his best position.

He's being looked at as a forward, that's for sure. And it's no secret he loves Parra, so I am sure they are banking on the fact he will be happy to be back home.

Personally, he's been improving lately and I would love to see him run hard at tiring oppositions whilst in the Blue and Gold. He'd be happy, too, which means he'd be more likely to be focused.

hindy111

Post Whore
In hind sight if we got him back it would be great.Cause manly would of just helped to blood him into first grade and develop him.He is still probably 1-2 years from reaching his best.But he is coming 2nd in the tackle breaks behind dugan which is no mean feet.Id be happy to have him back but i wouldnt pay overs!

ROGUE

Juniors
In hind sight if we got him back it would be great.Cause manly would of just helped to blood him into first grade and develop him.He is still probably 1-2 years from reaching his best.But he is coming 2nd in the tackle breaks behind dugan which is no mean feet.Id be happy to have him back but i wouldnt pay overs!

Yep i agree, come home big fella

Hellsy

Immortal
f**k I wish U moderators would just delete posts when there is unsubstantiated sh*t in there. Do U know how fkn annoying it is to come in hours/days later and read through posts full of half sh*t!!!???? and then replies that make no sense because the quoted post has been edited to be blank!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the 2nd thread I've read tonight like this and it has fkn pissed me off.
U guys have done it to me, so do it to them as well.

Someone

Bench
Every post in here is bs, i wouldnt bother to read much of it tbh, every player in the NRL has been linked to this club by people with no idea.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's a thread for rumours and confirmed signings...And like I have said, there are many factors which can turn a potential rumour into either a confirmed signing or BS. Ask Souths and Luke Lewis - they thought he was in the bag.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
todays herald in Danny's Weiders column - It is mentioned Eels are interested in Willie Mason.

For the right price would be a good pick up

Stagger eel

Staff member
todays herald in Danny's Weiders column - It is mentioned Eels are interested in Willie Mason.

For the right price would be a good pick up

it appears LOD is likely to leave the Cowboys which will make way for Masan to re-sign with the cowboys..

I just can'r see us buying a bloke like him but I guess funnier things have happened, and this will definitely be funny if it happened..lol

Gronk

Staff member
Big Willy has been playing prop of late at the Cowgirls. He offers the occasional big run but does he fit into our style of play ? Not sure if he has the metres or the workrate to replace Caylo.

Let's fac it we have Ben, Hindy, Shack & Horo to cover for the back 3. Unless Ando is thinking of using Hindy as a prop ...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes I would liketo see Mason at the eels. Although I would imagine there would be many against it.

A few years ago I would've been totally against it but he's a bit older now and might have found some maturity. Plus he'd be a good replacement for Cayless (although I'd play Mason off the bench).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts