What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
and in saying that Guru, Haynzie, T and Fui have had their share of off field dramas so it's not as if we're immune to it.
dude! - comparing those guys to guys who have actually instigated problems in the past is drawing a pretty long bow :lol:

all the signings with form might end up choir boys at parra ... and i'm sure we'll all support them when the time comes .... but you can't blame anyone for having a laugh at signing guys with bad off-field form, guys past their prime, guys who appear to have 3 meals a day at maccas :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
dude! - comparing those guys to guys who have actually instigated problems in the past is drawing a pretty long bow :lol:

all the signings with form might end up choir boys at parra ... and i'm sure we'll all support them when the time comes .... but you can't blame anyone for having a laugh at signing guys with bad off-field form, guys past their prime, guys who appear to have 3 meals a day at maccas :lol:

what, having a laugh at signing Chris Walker to 2nd tier contract? Reni Maitua to 70K? or Carl Webb to 90-100K? which one is it?

strider

Post Whore
what, having a laugh at signing Chris Walker to 2nd tier contract? Reni Maitua to 70K? or Carl Webb to 90-100K? which one is it?
having a laugh at signing players no other club wants to touch with a barge pole

it might turn out great ... hope it does .... but it is funny all the same

mrpwnd

Bench
Looks like Webb might actually have to cut down on his fast food habits with that much salary.
Maitua won't be able to buy his share of ganja anymore.
Walker will have to do with VB and Black label Johnnie Walker.

At least they're all well on the path to purity and success on the back of good pay cuts.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Because we already have Atkins and Walker. Had we not signed Walker, we may well have looked at Fitzhenry. Why not? I'm not Fitzhenry fan, but clearly Atkins and Walker have been signed as back-ups because management feels Sio and Loko are not ready just yet to be the back-ups.

And look at it this way - if Karlos Filiga can impress enough, we may not even be having this discussion. An injury to one of our centres may see Filiga promoted ahead of Atkins or Walker.

Relax.
Have been told this kid is training the house down already and he is impressing the staff with his strength, speed and skill levels, they thought he would be a backrower but after seeing his pace and footwork are considering him in the centres now.

boxhead

First Grade
Have been told this kid is training the house down already and he is impressing the staff with his strength, speed and skill levels, they thought he would be a backrower but after seeing his pace and footwork are considering him in the centres now.

Do you think he could play first-grade next year??

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
having a laugh at signing players no other club wants to touch with a barge pole

it might turn out great ... hope it does .... but it is funny all the same

No way wanted to sign Todd Carney either

Remember when Neville Costigan was on the outer

Fui Fui was to fat and unfit to make the South Sydney reserve grade bench

Penrith took a chance on Luke Walsh

The amount of players that have "found" form with the storm who struggled to make NRL at there previous club.

Jamie Soward struggling to make the roosters side but now a premiership winner with Dragons

There are plenty of risks taken by clubs which may or may no come off, but as Stagger has mentioned the players we have taken a chance on are all cheap

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I would say he has a bit of motivation now not to waste his special talent because of his "brothers passing". I really hope he makes it.

Jodeci

Bench
Stags if we signed Carney, this forum would of hit the roof calling for everyone to be sacked including the bloke who plays Sparky our team mascot.

Gronk

Staff member
They were damn lucky that Carney was committed and kept off the turps all year. Hopefully Reni, WalkersOn and Lardo attack this year with the same vigour.

It's easy to take issue with those who are questioning the signings, but they have good reason.

I know you guys (Stags & Jodeci) would prefer that we all post positive stuff with respect to the club, but you can't expect supporters not to raise an eyebrow when their club signs a drug cheat, a knob and a lazy arse fatso. Can ya ?

strider

Post Whore
at least carney was young and talented

despite you guys reacting otherwise, I'm not saying we should all go and jump off a bridge over it - I'm just saying its funny

Stagger eel

Staff member
They were damn lucky that Carney was committed and kept off the turps all year. Hopefully Reni, WalkersOn and Lardo attack this year with the same vigour.

It's easy to take issue with those who are questioning the signings, but they have good reason.

I know you guys (Stags & Jodeci) would prefer that we all post positive stuff with respect to the club, but you can't expect supporters not to raise an eyebrow when their club signs a drug cheat, a knob and a lazy arse fatso. Can ya ?

mate, I can't speak for Jodeci but I for one are more dissapointed that we stuffed around trying to sign a half back under contract, I certainly don't blame them for signing the players they did..

TheRam

Coach

Stagger are you serious? Is that all these blokes have signed for? Do you know this for sure or is it just you guesstimate? If true they are all brilliant signings in my book.

Well C. Walker not so much, but the other two brilliant, just brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts