What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thing is... when 4 members of your top 17 leave the club, you don't just recruit for depth for need to replace players who will just walk into first grade.

But who have we really lost?

Kris Keating wasn't the answer, and we're still trying to find that answer - hopefully Orford will arrive and do for us what none of our other number 7 hopefuls could. Because Keating was no better than Mortimer or Robson, and his contract happened to expire first, which meant he was the one to be let go.

Nathan Cayless was way past his best, and chewing up a lot of cap space. Both Webb and Shackleton could potentially offer more at prop next year than Cayless did this year.

Inu wasn't even in our top 17 this year. He only played so much because of Grothe's injury.

Lastly, Mateo is great at his best, but lazy and error prone at worst. He's played a couple of games for Tonga, but is being replaced by Reni Maitua who has played for Australia.

caylo

Bench
But who have we really lost?

Kris Keating wasn't the answer, and we're still trying to find that answer - hopefully Orford will arrive and do for us what none of our other number 7 hopefuls could. Because Keating was no better than Mortimer or Robson, and his contract happened to expire first, which meant he was the one to be let go.

Nathan Cayless was way past his best, and chewing up a lot of cap space. Both Webb and Shackleton could potentially offer more at prop next year than Cayless did this year.

Inu wasn't even in our top 17 this year. He only played so much because of Grothe's injury.

Lastly, Mateo is great at his best, but lazy and error prone at worst. He's played a couple of games for Tonga, but is being replaced by Reni Maitua who has played for Australia.

I think we have pretty much replaced everyone exept for Cayless.

Inu, Wright gone ==> Atkines, Walker come in and that pretty much even
Keating gone ==> Murray, Magurie (and maybe Orford) so at worse we are even or ahead
Mateo ==> Matuia considering he comes in may we might be short on replacing him but we are pretty even on skills
Cayless ==> Webb, Shakelton (due to injury). I cant say he has been replaced 100% but considering the potential of these two and the strength of our prop roatation i think we will be fine.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thing is... when 4 members of your top 17 leave the club, you don't just recruit for depth for need to replace players who will just walk into first grade.

Who will we miss?

* Mateo: well, Horo and Shackleton will replace his spot nicely. Plus we've signed Reni Maitua, too.

* Kris Keating: I had huge raps on the kid but, unfortunately, he never delivered for us at First Grade level. Brad Murray couldn't possibly play worse than KK did.

* Kris Inu: he was a fringe First Grader anyway, behind Hayne, Burt, Reddy, Tahu and Grothe. We've gotten Atrkins and Walker.

* Cayless: IMO our only big loss. But then again we've signed Carl Webb. All Webb really needs to do is run hard and tackle and he'll cover Caylo's departure.

Out of all the players the only one we might really miss IMO is Cayless. Mateo is brilliant but inconsistent and replaceable; I'm a fan of Inu's but he's replaceable; and I also like Keating but he did very little for us and is replaceable.

I quite like what we've done with our recruitment, tbh. Particularly if we nab Orford.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I heard fitzhenry isn't resigned by the tigers, why doesn't management make him an offer.

Because we already have Atkins and Walker. Had we not signed Walker, we may well have looked at Fitzhenry. Why not? I'm not Fitzhenry fan, but clearly Atkins and Walker have been signed as back-ups because management feels Sio and Loko are not ready just yet to be the back-ups.

And look at it this way - if Karlos Filiga can impress enough, we may not even be having this discussion. An injury to one of our centres may see Filiga promoted ahead of Atkins or Walker.

Relax.

boxhead

First Grade
Hooray for Chris Walker!
Our signings list doesn't look to shabby. We've recruited strongly for our depth this season.

Originally Posted by boxhead

OUR CONFIRMED COACH IS:

Stephen Kearney - Officially signed with the Parramatta Eels, article here;

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...h/default.aspx

Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Chris Walker - ESL Winger
Billy Rogers - Melbourne Storm NYC Lock
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Casey Mcguire - Catalans Dragons (Super League) Utility
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Toby Keys

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Willie Tonga - Cowboys Centre
Adam Blair - Storm 2nd row/Prop
Matt Orford- Bradford Bulls Halfback - Update: We will apparently know if he signs with us in a week or so.

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior
Karl Filiga
Timana Tahu - Basically confirmed, 1 year deal.

Thanks again to all of our sources and friends, this list wouldn't be possible without you guys!

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
he's not enough of a dickhead - we have an only dickheads policy now :lol:

Why not. We're run by dickheads, and most of the fans are dickheads. Might as well sign up the biggest dickheads we can find. We could change our name to the Parramatta Dickheads. Could keep the eel logo with a bit of retweeking.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Until fitzhenry headbutts a waiter then we shouldn't sign him, but if that day comes we should move heaven and earth to sign him

Gronk

Staff member
Why not. We're run by dickheads, and most of the fans are dickheads. Might as well sign up the biggest dickheads we can find. We could change our name to the Parramatta Dickheads. Could keep the eel logo with a bit of retweeking.

Ok I've just got a hold of the concept design for our 2011 jumpers. Please keep it under wraps as there will be big press release soon when they will also announce the big bank that has been waiting to come on board.

dick-head-tshirt.jpg

IFR33K

Coach
Well if it was in doubt that we were well and truely the laughing stock of the nrl, I can gladly say it has been confirmed with our recent signings. Looks as though management is snapping up anyone in it's sights, to try and save some face. I must add, why wouldn't we make a play for arana tumata, as least he still has a few years left in him, unlike our latest recruit.

Stagger eel

Staff member
right, so we're expecting off field incidents on a regular basis now because apparently the blokes we've signed have an apperant history of problems? gee wouldn't it be a dissapointment if we went a year without a contoversial off field incident?

I like the way the lunatics are telling us about the lunatics running the asylum..

Gronk

Staff member
We certainly have signed a few players with "form" Muz. Time will tell if they can behave themselves.

It seems that we need the players, the CEO and the Board to STFU and say zip to the media. Otherwise I can see this team being bagged by the Telecrap on a daily basis.

Jodeci

Bench
We certainly have signed a few players with "form" Muz. Time will tell if they can behave themselves.

It seems that we need the players, the CEO and the Board to STFU and say zip to the media. Otherwise I can see this team being bagged by the Telecrap on a daily basis.

Since the Kearney announcement, it has been very quiet regarding us in the media and it should stay that way.

Gotta give these signings a chance, they could prove you wrong but then again get caught up in their old habbits. Only time will tell but until that happens I guess we support them.

The Orford saga will end shortly with a result.

Stagger eel

Staff member

well Marty, it appears that the peeps have already decided...

I guess it's only a matter of time..

Stagger eel

Staff member
and in saying that Guru, Haynzie, T and Fui have had their share of off field dramas so it's not as if we're immune to it.

boxhead

First Grade
Since the Kearney announcement, it has been very quiet regarding us in the media and it should stay that way.

Gotta give these signings a chance, they could prove you wrong but then again get caught up in their old habbits. Only time will tell but until that happens I guess we support them.

The Orford saga will end shortly with a result.

Yeah I agree with you mate on both accounts, gotta give the signings a chance and also the media leaks have definitely stopped/been quiet since Kearney signed.

On the Orford thing, that's good news! Of course I wouldn't ask whether it is good or bad for us, as that will spoil the surprise, but still, I'm happy to hear this will all be over soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts