What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Not that big a step up when your in the backline, filinga is a big boy... bigger then most NRL centres. He is a pretty good defender (reads and tackles well) and muscles his was through defence. He probably wont be a superstar in the NRL but IMO he physically has the ability and size to play in the NRL. If he puts his past troubles behind him then he should be fine IMO.

Just to give you an idea of how big he is, he is about as tall as Reddy and weights more then about 5-6kg more then Tahu and Hayne but probably has a lower body fat %. He also is probably about as quick as Reddy, very much suited to edge running and he has a good ability to offload the ball.

At this stage its too early to make a call on if he should play in the NRL (must prove himself in trial ect) but I would love to see a Tahu-Burt right side and Filinga-Reddy left side. That would be physically daunting to most sides esp with guys Like Smith and Horo on the edges.
Thats the way i see him. But i think can be more then just your average first grader. His size, strength and skill can turn him into a exciting ball runner on the edges, one on one he is virtually impossible to bring down, and his defence is pretty strong, known for pulling off a big hit or 2 each game.

He'll show us what he has in the trials im sure.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Have been told this kid is training the house down already and he is impressing the staff with his strength, speed and skill levels, they thought he would be a backrower but after seeing his pace and footwork are considering him in the centres now.

:clap::clap::thumb
images

Go Karl, go....... all the way to the top fast
and there you stay until the end of your career.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
can you just imagine the reaction by some here if we'd signed him in the 09 off season after a spending a year playing in regional Queensland?

as long is takes for Mimis and Bradford to decide what they want to do and agree on a settlement.

A westy resurgence of the Sharpies.... that's all, nothing to worry about!!!

artifact1.jpg

The Town Hall Sharpies used to get belted pretty bad by the Paddo Gang

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Ram, those numbers are pretty accurate. You will be surprised at the real numbers some players have signed for, all the brickbats thrown at Ossie and the Board are pretty much displaced in the sense of what we have recruited.

There is a reason why we have some cap to spare, we have not wasted 100k plus on fringe players as we did under the previous admin.

Agreed, the Michael Hagan impact has taken some time to wear off.
Not sure who else you are addressing here, possibly DF.
Anyone else you would like to mention?

hindy111

Post Whore
casper-are you the full quid? a hippy? lsd? mushrooms? I guess im not the full quid either... Your an odd ball thou mate

IFR33K

Coach
Really? That's your concern? That other clubs will laugh at us?

Who the f**k cares? They laughed at us when we signed Fui - who, I might add, was an over-weight, unfit blob when we signed him. Hmmm...Who does that sound like that we've just recently signed?

Seriously - if you're concerned other people will laugh because we signed people "no other clubs would touch"...Honestly. Who cares?

I dont give a f**k, but I sure as hell want the eels to give the comp a shake in 2011. Something I dont think they will be able to do. Look at the dogs for instance. They seem to have 3-5+ year plans, in bringing in a good mix of youth with experience, while our management has failed to do the same. Big dollars or not, the eels have not recruited 1 player to date, that will be a shoe in for a starting spot. FFS, some of the players signed may struggle to get a shot in reserves. This aint a shot at the new players signed, but at our ceo and board, and their lack of strategic planing.
It seems as though their short term goal is to stay in power, instead of turning the eels into a power house. Any fans rubbing their hands and claiming to be happy with the signings should wake up and smell the homus. These clowns couldnt run a brothel. I hope I'm proven wrong and the said players make a huge contribution, but I cant see it happening.
In fact next year if we struggle Im sure DA will be used as the scapegoat, and will be blamed for the current recruitment. Mark my words.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Lets stay on topic Hindy111, otherwise Boxhead will do us both in.

Do you want some?

images

give me a home along the mull trees
pass me the bong please
a cone or two for me and you
plantation out the back
cops are out the front
and where all fu*$n stoned

" works best sung in the tune of bourkes back yard":D

boxhead

First Grade
If you guys don't stay on topic, then I will request your posts be deleted.

Consider this your warning.

In any case, a reliable source has informed me that Matt Orford is close to signing. Of course, who knows whether it will happen? As Jodeci has reported, this matter will be settled soon.

hindy111

Post Whore
sorry boxhead.I was just joking around...
Its funny thou if think about recruitment.If orford does come we would have recruited 5 representative players : ) If they all have there stellar best years or decent ones it could be a big year... I still think Tahu will explode next year!

dazeely

First Grade

In any case, a reliable source has informed me that Matt Orford is close to signing. Of course, who knows whether it will happen? As Jodeci has reported, this matter will be settled soon.

The box has spoken. Now behave people.

Bring on orford btw.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i think the last place he'd want to go is Canberra although if they sack Monaghan they might be able to offer him big $$$$

dazeely

First Grade
Its funny thou if think about recruitment.If orford does come we would have recruited 5 representative players : ) If they all have there stellar best years or decent ones it could be a big year... I still think Tahu will explode next year!

Tahu had a few brain explosions this year

boxhead

First Grade

No worries mate :) I just want this topic organised and cleaned up a bit so it's easy for people to see any news, rather than having to sift through clutter.

I agree mate, my sentiments exactly! Looking forward to a good year from the Eels :)

mrpwnd

Bench
I hope the Raiders as a club gets removed from the comp over the dog issue just so we can sign Orford.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Thanks for the kick up the Khyber Pass Boxhead....... ooouch

Unless he comes reasonably cheap, I don't think Orford is the right 7 for the Eels.
I still feel we will have to manufacture one for next year out of the stock we have
or out of another player still to come on board....

Status
Not open for further replies.