What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
Ram, those numbers are pretty accurate. You will be surprised at the real numbers some players have signed for, all the brickbats thrown at Ossie and the Board are pretty much displaced in the sense of what we have recruited.

There is a reason why we have some cap to spare, we have not wasted 100k plus on fringe players as we did under the previous admin.

born an eel

Bench
Ram, those numbers are pretty accurate. You will be surprised at the real numbers some players have signed for, all the brickbats thrown at Ossie and the Board are pretty much displaced in the sense of what we have recruited.

There is a reason why we have some cap to spare, we have not wasted 100k plus on fringe players as we did under the previous admin.
so as usual, if things are looking good it's all the board and Ozzie, as soon as things go the other way lets find the nearest fall guy, preferably someone who can be tied back to DF. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger are you serious? Is that all these blokes have signed for? Do you know this for sure or is it just you guesstimate? If true they are all brilliant signings in my book.

Well C. Walker not so much, but the other two brilliant, just brilliant.

Ram, they've come here for a song and dance, I kid you not...

thus the reason why we've still got sh*tloads under the cap.

Delboy

First Grade
Born to be an Eel. I just state what I know

I could give you names relating to the fringe players etc, I will say that they were negotiated by Hagan and Hill. Still believe what you like, I don't give a toss about individuals, but try to come on with some info, that I have knowledge of.

Oh well, why bother, it is all a conspiracy after all according to you and others, I am totally over the glass half full mentality, particularly form people who don't attend many games and probably don't even know where State Cup and the junior rep teams play.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Have been told this kid is training the house down already and he is impressing the staff with his strength, speed and skill levels, they thought he would be a backrower but after seeing his pace and footwork are considering him in the centres now.

Good news. The kid is a talent.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well if it was in doubt that we were well and truely the laughing stock of the nrl, I can gladly say it has been confirmed with our recent signings. Looks as though management is snapping up anyone in it's sights, to try and save some face. I must add, why wouldn't we make a play for arana tumata, as least he still has a few years left in him, unlike our latest recruit.

Really? That's your concern? That other clubs will laugh at us?

Who the f**k cares? They laughed at us when we signed Fui - who, I might add, was an over-weight, unfit blob when we signed him. Hmmm...Who does that sound like that we've just recently signed?

Seriously - if you're concerned other people will laugh because we signed people "no other clubs would touch"...Honestly. Who cares?

Eelementary

Post Whore
They were damn lucky that Carney was committed and kept off the turps all year. Hopefully Reni, WalkersOn and Lardo attack this year with the same vigour.

It's easy to take issue with those who are questioning the signings, but they have good reason.

I know you guys (Stags & Jodeci) would prefer that we all post positive stuff with respect to the club, but you can't expect supporters not to raise an eyebrow when their club signs a drug cheat, a knob and a lazy arse fatso. Can ya ?

I can. Would the eyebrows be raised had they been (in the order you put it, and for argument's sake):

* Andrew Johns

* Justin Hodges

* Frank Pritchard?

Of course not. They're big name players.

The issue here is the guys we signed are not big names and thus everyone feels disappointed, even though they came cheaply and all have a point to prove.

And think about that for a second - they have a point to prove. If it means they aren't motivated, they won't play. Simple. If Kearney feels they aren't doing their bit he won't select them.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill.

Also this whole "everyone is laughing at us!" line is freaking stupid. Some reasons people laughed/are still laughing at us include:

* Hindy (Eels fans recognise him as a legend, but ask your average non-Eels fan and they will tell you they don't rate him at all)

* Jason Taylor

* Glenn Morrison (Cowboys fans at the time thought it was hilarious we signed "damaged goods" to big money)

* Kevin Kingston (ffs Rothfield, before being proven wrong, callled him a lemon)

Were people/are people up in arms about that?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

What don't you think ( what I guess anyway);

Oake for two years on at least $100k per year plus
Weller for two years on at least $100k per year plus
Inu on the best part of $300k per year

were not good value ha ha ha

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
all the signings with form might end up choir boys at parra ... and i'm sure we'll all support them when the time comes .... but you can't blame anyone for having a laugh at signing guys with bad off-field form, guys past their prime, guys who appear to have 3 meals a day at maccas :lol:

I was talking to a mate of mine today about Parra's recruitment, and about how they seem to be looking to add a lot more mongrel to the team.

This mate, who supports another Sydney team, said that Parra's needed some mongrel for well over 10 years. From an outsider looking in, he said Parra is a club where all the senior players have always been laid-back and unable to fire up when it's really needed.

I'm inclined to agree. Ever since the Canterbury Four left the club around the turn of the centruy we've been an extremely well-behaved non-aggressive club.

We've also consistently failed to take that extra step and most importantly, failed to perform unless we're underdogs.

For a brief period in 2005 we had a handful of mongrels but Morrisson, Riddell, Marsh and Tahu all left, and Moimoi settled right down.

Signing some absolute f**kbags could be the move required to turn our club into contenders. Certainly, the rep teams are full of wankers so it can't be that bad a personality trait.

eels81236

Bench

I love it that people have intimate details of the happenings at the club nowadays. :roll: I would have thought that what the club spends on a contract with an individual would remain private and confidential. #-o

eels81236

Bench
I love it that people have intimate details of the happenings at the club nowadays. :roll: I would have thought that what the club spends on a contract with an individual would remain private and confidential. #-o

Having said that... If 70k and 100k is pretty close to the mark then Reni and to a lesser extent Webb are virtually free and are super signings. :cool:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
people can have all the boner they want over Sio and Loko but they don't carry the experiance the other 2 blokes have and those expecting Loko to just explode onto the scene next year maybe in for a real shock..

In the games I watched him play last year in Toyota cup, Loko seems to be a lazy player who can go on walkabout. This makes him suspect in defence. He will need to work real hard on his fitness to endure 80 minutes of being on the ball in the NRL. If he doesn't then he will be a flop until he does. I hope he does, he is so exciting to watch in attack. Hot days seem to drain him of his energy quite fast and he becomes sluggish. Come on Loko, you can do it next year if you really want it that much mate.

caylo

Bench
Boxy the step up from Bundy (park footy) to NRL is massively steep.

Not that big a step up when your in the backline, filinga is a big boy... bigger then most NRL centres. He is a pretty good defender (reads and tackles well) and muscles his was through defence. He probably wont be a superstar in the NRL but IMO he physically has the ability and size to play in the NRL. If he puts his past troubles behind him then he should be fine IMO.

Just to give you an idea of how big he is, he is about as tall as Reddy and weights more then about 5-6kg more then Tahu and Hayne but probably has a lower body fat %. He also is probably about as quick as Reddy, very much suited to edge running and he has a good ability to offload the ball.

At this stage its too early to make a call on if he should play in the NRL (must prove himself in trial ect) but I would love to see a Tahu-Burt right side and Filinga-Reddy left side. That would be physically daunting to most sides esp with guys Like Smith and Horo on the edges.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
right, so we're expecting off field incidents on a regular basis now because apparently the blokes we've signed have an apperant history of problems? gee wouldn't it be a dissapointment if we went a year without a contoversial off field incident?

I like the way the lunatics are telling us about the lunatics running the asylum..

Are you coming "out"?
Anything else you want to share about you.
We are all ears and eyes.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
We certainly have signed a few players with "form" Muz. Time will tell if they can behave themselves.

It seems that we need the players, the CEO and the Board to STFU and say zip to the media. Otherwise I can see this team being bagged by the Telecrap on a daily basis.

And establish a precedence!!!:crazy::sarcasm::lol::lol:;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts