What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchy

Juniors
As I understand it, not at all.

Dual-registration means that you could have a player registered to play in both the NSW cup and the QLD cup. But that is being thrown out the window. So, for example, if Manly continue with the Sunshine Coast as their feeder club, then their players who are NOT playing NRL will ONLY be able to play for the Sunshine Coast (instead of sometimes up there and sometimes more locally).

Bottom line: doesn't affect us at all - affects Manly and Canberra the most. And it's good for the NSW cup AND the QLD cup imo.

If NRL clubs based in NSW play their players in the Qld Cup ahead of the NSW Cup it means the grant that is given to the clubs each from the NSWRL will be stopped to the clubs doing that. Also they will be charged a transfer fee of about $3,500 for each player playing in the Q Cup.

The main reason being is there were more NSW based clubs circling to establish links with Qld Cup clubs as it's seen as a stronger comp plus Qld Residents beat NSW Residents with a number of the side made up of NSW based clubs players.That is what was decided last year when the NSW block outvoted the Qld block at the NRL board meeting. Whether it has changed since then i really doubt it. It's one of the main reasons the clubs up here are fighting with Livermore and co.

What it does essentially is kill of Sunny Coast who are kept alive by Manly & same with Souths and Canberra. But i have heard the other day Canberra are going to continue their relationship with Souths.

parra pete

Referee
If NRL clubs based in NSW play their players in the Qld Cup ahead of the NSW Cup it means the grant that is given to the clubs each from the NSWRL will be stopped to the clubs doing that. Also they will be charged a transfer fee of about $3,500 for each player playing in the Q Cup.

The main reason being is there were more NSW based clubs circling to establish links with Qld Cup clubs as it's seen as a stronger comp plus Qld Residents beat NSW Residents with a number of the side made up of NSW based clubs players.That is what was decided last year when the NSW block outvoted the Qld block at the NRL board meeting. Whether it has changed since then i really doubt it. It's one of the main reasons the clubs up here are fighting with Livermore and co.

What it does essentially is kill of Sunny Coast who are kept alive by Manly & same with Souths and Canberra. But i have heard the other day Canberra are going to continue their relationship with Souths.

The relationship between Raiders and Souths Logan works a treat. How can they force Raiders to play in NSW and not Queensland? Interesting times...

SDM

First Grade
Why is there a 1-armed woman wearing half a cardigan in the background?

boxhead

First Grade
I would have preferred to get Willie Mason to be honest, but if we get Carl Webb I will still be happy; he'll be 4th prop and have to work hard to earn his spot, hopefully it will help bring him back to his best form.

Ratchy

Juniors
The relationship between Raiders and Souths Logan works a treat. How can they force Raiders to play in NSW and not Queensland? Interesting times...

NSW teams have a choice it's just going to cost them an arm and leg to play players in the Q Cup.

How Canberra fall under this not really certain being from the ACT.

parra pete

Referee
The Raiders are keeping SouthsLogan alive. I don't think the NSWRL can dictate to them...If so, I'd like to know how.
Tell NSWRL to piss off Donny...

Avenger

Immortal
On the other site there is a rumor that Quade will in fact sign with us after all. This site however also stated that Grothe was going to Japanese Rugby so I would take it with a grain of salt unless it came from One eyed Phil himself.

Gronk

Staff member
On the other site there is a rumor that Quade will in fact sign with us after all. This site however also stated that Grothe was going to Japanese Rugby so I would take it with a grain of salt unless it came from One eyed Phil himself.

Amazing how some Neville comes out of the blue and quotes his salary package et al. If he comes to us for that coin, he would no doubt be the highest earning NRL player by about 200 clicks. No pressure Quade. :lol:

Gronk

Staff member
Brad Murray selected in Toyota Cup Team of the Year

31/08/2010 12:00:00 PM

Sydney Roosters Toyota Cup captain Brad Murray has been named in the 2010 Toyota Cup Team of the Year.
The Roosters halfback is in his third season in the under 20s competition and has had a breakthrough season after guiding his side to finals football for the first time since the competition launched in 2008.
Roosters CEO Steve Noyce, a member of the Toyota Cup sub-committee, said it was important everyone recognised the crucial role the competition plays in rugby league and the many benefits it has created.
“This is the only elite, nationally televised, junior competition in Australia and one that rival codes look at with envy,” Noyce said.
“It is a key part of a game-wide development structure that is attracting and keeping more and more junior players in our game. It is developing them in an elite environment and is giving them education and workplace skills to build careers off the field as well.
“No other sport offers such a professional and comprehensive elite junior program and it is why rugby league will remain the dominant code when it comes to attracting the best young players to our game,” he concluded.
Five members of the 2010 Team of the Year have played in the NRL, adding to an impressive strike-rate that has seen 27 of the previous 34 Team of the Year members compete in the top grade.
The Toyota Cup Team of the Year features players from 12 NRL clubs with the Brisbane Broncos having the most players represented in the side despite missing the finals race this season.

The 2010 Toyota Cup Team of the Year is as follows:

1 Dane Gagai (Brisbane Broncos)
2 Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa (St George Illawarra Dragons)
3 Dylan Farrell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4 Siuatonga Likiliki (New Zealand Warriors)
5 Josh Mansour (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
6 Aidan Sezer (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
7 Sam Williams (Canberra Raiders)
8 Tariq Sims (Brisbane Broncos)
9 James Segeyaro (North Queensland Cowboys)
10 Andrew Clayton (Brisbane Broncos)
11 Ryan James (Gold Coast Titans)
12 Sam Mataora (Canberra Raiders)
13 Ethan Cook (Newcastle Knights)

14 Brad Murray Sydney Roosters
15 Dale Finucane (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
16 Matt Hyland (Wests Tigers)
17 Lama Tasi (Manly Sea Eagles)

Coach Andrew Patmore (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/de...urray-selected-in-toyota-cup-team-of-the-year

Rogue.9

Juniors
NSW teams have a choice it's just going to cost them an arm and leg to play players in the Q Cup.

How Canberra fall under this not really certain being from the ACT.
I thought NRL teams didn't have a choice, I thought that to to strengthen the NSW cup they were told only QLD teams can use a QLD teams as a feeder club.

Ratchy

Juniors
I thought NRL teams didn't have a choice, I thought that to to strengthen the NSW cup they were told only QLD teams can use a QLD teams as a feeder club.

They have a choice with a gun pointed to their head more or less. The change in dual registration means if a NSW based club wants to play a player in the Q Cup there is a transfer fee which i think was around $3,500 a player. Secondly if Manly does what it has this year with Sunny Coast they lose their grant paid to them by the NSWRL each year.

Rogue.9

Juniors
They have a choice with a gun pointed to their head more or less. The change in dual registration means if a NSW based club wants to play a player in the Q Cup there is a transfer fee which i think was around $3,500 a player. Secondly if Manly does what it has this year with Sunny Coast they lose their grant paid to them by the NSWRL each year.
It is not about the grant., they are banned from the NRL if they play
NSWRL calls on Raiders to quit Qld
BY DAVID JEAN, RUGBY LEAGUE
05 Mar, 2010 07:16 AM
NSWRL boss Geoff Carr says any Canberra Raiders player who appears in a Queensland Cup match next year will be barred from the NRL for the remainder of the season.
Carr has stepped up his bid to force the Raiders to compete in the NSW Cup next season, a move that will almost certainly cause Canberra's Queensland Cup feeder side Souths Logan to fold.
Speaking at yesterday's NSW Cup launch, the NSWRL and ARL chief executive said the Raiders would not be permitted to send excess players to Souths Logan once their current deal expires at season's end.
They must instead enter their own team in the NSW Cup, or form an alliance with an existing NSW-based club that would then enter the state's premier over-age competition.
''We've got a commitment to have NSW players play in NSW,'' Carr told The Canberra Times yesterday.
''The Australian Rugby League now has a rule in place that if you're a NSW-based player you're required to play in NSW.
''You can't go back and forth. We're not opposed to NRL clubs supporting Queensland Cup sides, but when the players go up there they can't come back.
''Once a player participates in a competition up there that's where he stays for the season.''
Raiders chief executive Don Furner was shocked when The Canberra Times informed him of Carr's threat. Furner is adamant the Raiders are best served sending their excess players to Souths Logan, an arrangement they have had in place since the Premier League competition was axed at the end of the 2008 season.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...wrl-calls-on-raiders-to-quit-qld/1768196.aspx
I assume other NSW teams would be in the same situation

Status
Not open for further replies.