What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
A one year deal would see the best out of him. He will be playing for his future every week. I think its more of a tactical move.

Yeah good point, actually. That makes sense; if he doesn't perform in his first year, we boot him. Knowing his record, and knowing that at his best he is devastating, that is a very smart move. Basically to tell him to work his arse off the whole year or you are GORN.

boxhead

First Grade
Piggy has tweeted that his future will be decided this week....

If we get Piggy, he will need to have to work for a first-grade spot. Would love to have him, but I think him and Tom Humble will be fighting it out for that number 14 next year (although if he does crack the first-grade squad, he should be our starting hooker so Mitchell can come on and be impact player).
That is assuming we get him of course.

Thanks for the news mate!

hindy111

Post Whore
crikeys riddel and webb our two main targets................like brining home a boiler from the club and hoping she still has teeth

Pazza

First Grade
8.Poore
9.Mitchell
10.Fui
11.Hindmarsh
12.Smith
13.Horo

15.Mannah
16.Webb
17.Shackleton

Looks fantastic!

caylo

Bench
8.Poore
9.Mitchell
10.Fui
11.Hindmarsh
12.Smith
13.Horo

15.Mannah
16.Webb
17.Shackleton

Looks fantastic!

I think that is fantastic looking pack and if you think that in the wings are some solid players who could play important roles aswell. Guys like Lasalo, Allgood, Pele and OHanlan could be very important to our results next year just like Horo was.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont like it....Horo-hindy and smith are all too workman like for me...Horo runs hard and lines but id like to see someone else in the second row who can bust the line and bend it back and pop a nice ball...

Gronk

Staff member
FROM EEL TO SEVENS HEAVEN
Story & Photo By :
oft_s9a.jpg

Parramatta Eels SG Ball half back Jason Seage has signed a contract with the Australian Rugby Union to play sevens rugby.

parramatta_v_balmain_sgBall_rnd8_47_s3L.jpg

Seage, 17, from The Hills Sports High School in Sydney’s west, is one of the best young half backs running around in New South Wales. He represented Sydney Gold this year after a great season playing SG Ball for the Eels who made the grand final against the Roosters.
He and Penrith’s Harry Seijka were the leading half back try scorers in the competition with seven touchdowns each.
The cheeky half back came to rugby’s attention by playing rugby union for the school’s first XV. He went on to represent NSW Schools at the recent Australian Schoolboy Championships in Brisbane.
Seage told ourfootyteam, “I played a couple of schoolboy sevens events earlier in the year and I went pretty good. I really love sevens. It suits my running and passing game. It’s a lot of fun.”
Watching at one of those sevens events was none other than dual rugby international and former Manly Sea Eagle Michael O’Connor who is now the Australian sevens coach.
O’Connor was suitably impressed that day so when Seage was up in Brisbane with NSW Schools, O’Connor had a chat with him to see whether he was interested in changing codes.
The Parramatta Eels offered Seage a two year contract extension and there was interest from two other NRL clubs but Seage said the opportunity to travel the world and play a game he loves was irresistible. “I want to give it a red hot go”, he said.
He has been playing with the Eels since they won the Harold Matthews competition in 2008 so is he sad about leaving his beloved Eels and many of his mates? “Yes I am a bit sad to be leaving. I love the Eels and I’ve made lots of friends here.
But at the same time I’m excited about the opportunity I have. As well as playing sevens I am part of the Waratahs Academy so there is much to learn.
Seage is leaving Parramatta on good terms. “Matty Cameron our Toyota Cup coach and Daniel Anderson both told me I would be welcome back if it doesn’t work out for me.”
The international sevens tour commences in December 2010 in Dubai and then for the next six months they travel to exotic locations including George, Las Vegas, London, Edinburgh, Wellington, Adelaide and Hong Kong.
All this is good news for rugby league juniors because the sevens provide another pathway to get into elite sport.
Cronulla Sharks Toyota Cup player Brackin Karauria-Henry was signed last year by the ARU to play sevens.
In the 2009-10 season the former Endeavour Sports High School student was Australia’s top tryscorer on the international circuit with 30. He has just signed a two year deal with the Waratahs to play Super 15 next year.
We wish Jason all the best on his rugby sojourn. Just don’t forget the postcards mate!
http://www.ourfootyteam.com/news.php#fromEelsTo300810a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts