What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
whats doing with inglis why cant we sign him?

Yeah that's what I was wondering; in my opinion the Inglis to Souths rumour forgets that they can't afford him. In reality, us or Canberra are the only ones who can afford him, but if we sign Orford to big money as reported, then I guess we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Mind you, that's provided this rumour even has any substance, which I doubt it has.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yeah that's what I was wondering; in my opinion the Inglis to Souths rumour forgets that they can't afford him. In reality, us or Canberra are the only ones who can afford him, but if we sign Orford to big money as reported, then I guess we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Mind you, that's provided this rumour even has any substance, which I doubt it has.

I'll give you 3 tips Boxhead...

1) it wouldn't matter if Souths can fit him under the cap or not if anyone can make it happen, Crowe could.

2) As for Orford signing with us soon, do not take what the other site says as gospal, infact don't even take it as a rumour, tread with extreme caution they have NO! idea..

3) be good to your mother.

Gronk

Staff member
Storm were releasing Inglis so could be with his Mrs in Brisvegas. Pretty sure that he's under contract and Storm have to consent to the release. I guess they have no choice because keeping him woudl tip them over.

I hope Rusty signs him TBH. Like to see the Bunnies do well.

boxhead

First Grade
I'll give you 3 tips Boxhead...

1) it wouldn't matter if Souths can fit him under the cap or not if anyone can make it happen, Crowe could.

2) As for Orford signing with us soon, do not take what the other site says as gospal, infact don't even take it as a rumour, tread with extreme caution they have NO! idea..

3) be good to your mother.

Yeah I agree, if Inglis wants to go there then they will fit him in. I would actually be very happy if he went to Souths (I like them), but I dunno, just seems like it may not happen.

Don't worry mate :) I didn't get the information from the other site. If it turns out not to be true, then no harm done I guess.

I'm always good to my mother :D

Yeah I agree Gronk, if he doesn't go to Brisbane it would be great to see him in the Souths colours.

ROGUE

Juniors

Boxy mate i believe manly could afford him and as jodeci has alluded too i wouldn't be surprised they made an offer....cos cherry evans is untested in 1st grade

scottyeel

Bench
Broncos have withdrawn their contract to inglis!
THE NRMA Insurance Broncos have today formally withdrawn the playing contract that was offered to Greg Inglis.
These negotiations have been long and protracted, having started almost six months ago.
But with the current impasse over Greg’s release from the Melbourne Storm unable to be solved at this point, the Broncos feel it is time to move forward.
“We have worked long and hard on these negotiations, as have the other parties,” said Broncos’ chief executive Bruno Cullen.
“But with training already underway and no sign of the matter being resolved in a manner that would benefit the Broncos and its playing roster, it is time for the club to move on.
“We think it is an honour to represent our club and thus felt compelled to place a deadline of this afternoon for Greg to sign the contract he and his manager had agreed to.
“He was unable to commit to the club so we felt we had to make this call.
“When the possibility of Greg coming to the Broncos arose some months ago, the club always said it was entering negotiations only because of the stature of the player involved.
“But we also said at the time that we were very happy and confident in the squad we had assembled.
“That statement still holds today.
“We thank the Storm and the NRL for their co-operation, and wish Greg all the best with his future and hope he can resolve it to his satisfaction.
“We know that this move will ensure the club is able to keep our current crop of talent together for many seasons to come.”
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.a...ve-broncos-withdraw-contract-offer-for-inglis

Juniors
Well i suppose now that Broncos have withdrawn offer i am sure SK will be making inquiries...

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Yes I think you are right and Souths have already got him. Hopefully they have to release Isaac Luke to fit him under the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.