What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelvis

Juniors
Ok don't shoot the messenger here, but i'm told we're still seriously chasing orford yet the only possibility of that happening is that bradford get compensated financially somewhere near the figure of his remaining 2 years.That apparently hasn't deterred us and we're negotiating with them now......Ox is extremely keen and he's at narrabeen daily receiving treatment

Ratchy

Juniors
It is not about the grant., they are banned from the NRL if they play

I assume other NSW teams would be in the same situation

Hmmm ok i stand corrected and it seems the NSWRL have ramped it up from the original decision from last year. Been out of the loop since a mate no longer goes to QRL meetings.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
No way could Dragons match what we are offering.

Ssssshhhhhhhhh Gronk.....

The builder hasn't finished renovating his block of apartments....

images

The private jet is still to be refurnished in blue & gold....

images

The private luxury boat cruising Parramatta River is still under construction

images

The Bentley convertible is still on the docks.

images

And Ian Schubert must be kept in the dark

And please don't let others become aware of what Quade Cooper is getting because Cooper Cronk will get really pissed off and slump into a serious depression. He will feel duded just as he did when he found out Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis & Billy Slater were getting double to what he was getting. F**k.... the counseling and psycho therapy treatments alone will send the Eels broke....

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Ok don't shoot the messenger here, but i'm told we're still seriously chasing orford yet the only possibility of that happening is that bradford get compensated financially somewhere near the figure of his remaining 2 years.That apparently hasn't deterred us and we're negotiating with them now......Ox is extremely keen and he's at Narrabeen daily receiving treatment

The thought of joining the Eels must be terrible for Ox.....

boxhead

First Grade
Ben Hornby is definitely re-signed with the Dragons, so that guy who rang up is talking sh*t out of his arse.
No offence Eelementary, but yeah that guy was bogus.
If anyone was to sign Cooper Cronk from the Melbourne Storm, it would be us. We are the only club that can afford him, simple as that. And even then, unless he actually wants to leave as badly as people say he does, then we are zero chance of getting him IMO.

As things go, I would be happy with us signing Matt Orford; but only if he comes cheap and plays for one-two years at most, he should be spending his time coaching our young halves or even making way for another half we are planning on getting.

When we think about it, Parramatta have only made serious offers to three halves (at least that we know of); Trent Barrett (retiring), Cooper Cronk (0.1% chance of leaving the Storm) and Quade Cooper (who knows? unlikely).
In my opinion, Tom Humble and Brad Murray may be able to handle it themselves; they should be our long term option. The only halfback I would want that we could realistically get for several years is Cooper Cronk, but again, he won't come.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ben Hornby is definitely re-signed with the Dragons, so that guy who rang up is talking sh*t out of his arse.
No offence Eelementary, but yeah that guy was bogus.
If anyone was to sign Cooper Cronk from the Melbourne Storm, it would be us. We are the only club that can afford him, simple as that. And even then, unless he actually wants to leave as badly as people say he does, then we are zero chance of getting him IMO.

As things go, I would be happy with us signing Matt Orford; but only if he comes cheap and plays for one-two years at most, he should be spending his time coaching our young halves or even making way for another half we are planning on getting.

When we think about it, Parramatta have only made serious offers to three halves (at least that we know of); Trent Barrett (retiring), Cooper Cronk (0.1% chance of leaving the Storm) and Quade Cooper (who knows? unlikely).
In my opinion, Tom Humble and Brad Murray may be able to handle it themselves; they should be our long term option. The only halfback I would want that we could realistically get for several years is Cooper Cronk, but again, he won't come.

None taken, buddy. I was just reporting the rumour as I heard it. :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
Peter Sharp - Roosters. (reported in the RLW)

* I have heard on the quiet that things aren't that rosey between Sharp and Ando.

Gronk

Staff member
<insert witty dig at Brian Smith>

<withdraw witty dig because his team is going great guns and we are crap>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts