What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

parra pete

Referee
It's sad and it's a shame, but for every pete, there's 10 new youngen's who will learn to love the club.
When Parra win the comp next year with Kearney as coach, I'll bet pete is still as proud as punch and posting like mad.
Can't take the Blue and Gold out of our red blood.

Suity

Maybe you're right Suity. BUT my heart won't be in it..

Djay

Juniors
No worries Jake.
If it is true it is the end of an era, the complete destruction of everything I have ever believed in..mateship, loyalty and the value of a handshake..
This is a classic example of how these 3P moron's have ruined our club. I bet if DA is sacked you Pete won't be the only one to lose faith in our once great club.

After so many years of not winning a premiership you'd think we would be getting closer and closer to that day where we win it but it just seems like it's getting further and further away.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No worries attamarrap glad I could help :)

Ok guys I can't edit my list anymore, so I'll start quoting it instead.
Here are some updates;

And apparently the Trent Barrett situation is not over.

just so you know, you cant edit a post that is more than 30 days old

No worries Jake.
If it is true it is the end of an era, the complete destruction of everything I have ever believed in..mateship, loyalty and the value of a handshake..

Seriously, I thought the club was bigger than anyone.
Can't believe you would give up like that.

boxhead

First Grade
I always wondered why he has a box on his head.

boxhead.jpg

:lol: Brilliant!

Whatever the answer, it's all 3P's fault.

Suity

:lol: Spot on!

:lol: no mate not at all....you will find that I'm a hard person to offend or upset.

The reason I ask is you seem to come across as a younger person on here and I've noticed you've recieved some discouraging comments on this forum...although I can't say I disagree with what some of them have said, I'm just hoping you haven't taken anything that's been said to heart too much because if you are the younger person I believe you are, it could be somewhat damaging to your confidence. You will find the majority of people on here are great people with varying views of the Eels...we all have the same thing in common and we want to see the Eels succeed and we're all passionate about it...if anyone's rants have made you feel bad which by the looks of some of them, potentially have...I want you to keep your chin up mate...however I do encourage you to be more careful with what you post in the future....I find that less is more in this place....don't get caught up in arguements too much in here because at the end of the day where all looking out for the best interests and ways to improve our club, sometimes you just gotta agree to disagree...you seem like a good person so keep up the good work mate :)

No worries mate, yes I am young, and thank you for the advice!

The big rumour I heard today is Daniel Anderson is to be sacked, with the announcement to be made TOMORROW.
I don't know if it is true..This is the email I received to night.
If it happens, my 50 years of support will come to an end....
Not enjoying it any more. Can't stand the disloyalty shown to contracts...

Parra...
Anderson the coach to be sacked tomorrow

Robbie D.

That is terrible news.....thank you for reporting this petey, and hang in there mate!!! We are here for you. I can sympathise with that mate, this is definitely a tough time for all Eels fans sadly.

This will cause up roar. This is a f**king joke. excuse the French but I am furious.

I agree.....it is pretty ridiculous.

big boppa eel

Juniors
The big rumour I heard today is Daniel Anderson is to be sacked, with the announcement to be made TOMORROW.
I don't know if it is true..This is the email I received to night.
If it happens, my 50 years of support will come to an end....
Not enjoying it any more. Can't stand the disloyalty shown to contracts...

Parra...
Anderson the coach to be sacked tomorrow

Robbie D.
Agreed Pete, the Eels will never lose me, thought I don't approve of something things that Anderson says and does as a coach I do believe he has the right to c out his contract and then be judged, it will be a sad day if he does get the ass, and yes no loyalty just business these days very dissapointing,

big boppa eel

Juniors
:lol: no mate not at all....you will find that I'm a hard person to offend or upset.

The reason I ask is you seem to come across as a younger person on here and I've noticed you've recieved some discouraging comments on this forum...although I can't say I disagree with what some of them have said, I'm just hoping you haven't taken anything that's been said to heart too much because if you are the younger person I believe you are, it could be somewhat damaging to your confidence. You will find the majority of people on here are great people with varying views of the Eels...we all have the same thing in common and we want to see the Eels succeed and we're all passionate about it...if anyone's rants have made you feel bad which by the looks of some of them, potentially have...I want you to keep your chin up mate...however I do encourage you to be more careful with what you post in the future....I find that less is more in this place....don't get caught up in arguements too much in here because at the end of the day where all looking out for the best interests and ways to improve our club, sometimes you just gotta agree to disagree...you seem like a good person so keep up the good work mate :)
Well said.

parra pete

Referee
Seriously, I thought the club was bigger than anyone.
Can't believe you would give up like that.

It has, seriously Jake been coming for a while. Just not worth the stress. I found this season that I had lost a lot of passion for the Club. Maybe it is because I no longer have the contacts in the place that I once had.
I am getting more enjoyment out of my local Club, and I find their losses harder to take than an Eels loss. Once (and it was long ago) I would sulk for days if the Eels got beaten. Now I don't give a xxxx. I love watching Jarryd Hayne in action, as well as Hindy, Fui, and at times Eric Grothe Junior and Luke Burt...but I enjoy watching them for their athleticism more than anything.
BTW ---The email I received was from a mate who has good connections around the joint.
I trust him - he gives me good oil, but I hope he is wrong on this occasion.

BTW ---I had the opportunity to interview the 2011 Pie in the Sky players today for local radio.
I did promotional grabs with Gary Belcher, Laurie Daley, Andrew McFadden, Ben Roarty, Jason Croker, Simon Woolford and Arthur Beetson today for the match to be played on March 5
I have Bradley Clyde, Tooooookey, Bill Harrigan, Quentin Pongia, Ricky Stuart and Dave Furner, Matt Geyer and Danny Nutley lined up for tomorrow, and Mal Meninga, Marcus Bai
when they get back from PNG..Mal is with the Prime Ministers team, Marcus is over there with work.
The PASSION these blokes have for the game is REMARKABLE. They are looking forward to coming out here for the weekend..JUST TO PROMOTE THE CODE,
I wish the new breed of player and administrator coming through were as passionate about the code, and forget about themselves, money and bringing the game into disrepute

Delboy

First Grade
Pete, hope you do hang around, we need more people over say 50 on the board

Good luck with the Hay promotion etc, as an aside, I got so much this year being involved with the junior league again, so somewhat understand what you are saying, but go to love the Eels. My grandkids would never understand it if I dropped off

IFR33K

Coach
The repercussions will be very big if DA gets sacked. From what I have heard Nathan Hindmarsh & some other players will take a stand and after all the backlash hits real hard from thousands of fans many 3P directors (preferably all) will be forced to resign and with them goes Paul Osborne too. I hope those who said they will do this will stick by their word. There is much brewing. Lets see if 3P are that stupid, which they are. If DA gets sacked and 3P are still around by next year, I will still be an Eels fan at heart but after 49 years I will no longer support the club or take an interest in what it does on or off the field. The heart/soul of the Parramatta Eels has died.

In fairness to Ozzie, he answers to the board, and pretty much does what they want him to.

If the club does end DA's contract, then I too would seriously reconsider renewing my membership.

fish eel

Immortal
I think the club is bigger than any one person or decision, ad certainly wouldnt throw in the towel should a coach get sacked or something similar. But hey, each to their own, if Ando got chopped, and that decision caused someone like Pete to lose heart and decide they couldnt follow the club, so be it. Each to their own.

If someone's heart isnt in it thats kinda that, isnt it?

Suitman

Post Whore
Maybe you're right Suity. BUT my heart won't be in it..

pete,

You know as well as I do that we've both seen tougher days than these as Eels fans.
You also know as well as I do that the days of the "handshake deal" are long gone.
As much as I would still like to believe that we live in an old world, I just can't, because I don't believe we do anymore.
The days of the "Mick Cronin handshake" are long gone. Sad, but true.

I once believed what you think, but I've chosen to live in the new world. The new world where money and success are the be all and end all of happiness.
I don't agree with it at all. It ain't my philosophy. But I can't change that. I have a love for the Eels that will never die.
The days that I used to catch a bus from Kirby Street in Dundas Valley, to Church street as a 14 year old, to queue up outside the gates at Cumberland Oval, get in on my schoolboy footy pass, and race across to the ol' grandstand to save my mum and dad a seat with a hand knitted blanket.
The days where I used to sit on my dad's shoulders and watch Ken Thornett. The days that I used to slide down the back of the old hill on disgarded ice cream boxes as a 6 y.o.
Those are the days that I long for again. But, sadly pete, those days are long gone.

So, I've decided, that instead of just chucking in the towel, I'm going to stick it out. I'll do it until the day I die. If, god forbid, something happens like Denis Fitzgerald gets back into power and signs Willie Mason and Ben Cousins, and makes season ticket prices $3000 a year, and turns the leagues club into a 1 million poker machine brothel, I'll still turn up every week and see the Eels play, and be a member, because, I never want to see our Eels die.

I sort of think that you feel the same as me. It would be sad to lose a supporter like you that loves the Eels so much, regardless of which direction our club heads towards, and whatever decisions it makes.

Suity

lewiscook

Juniors
pete,

You know as well as I do that we've both seen tougher days than these as Eels fans.
You also know as well as I do that the days of the "handshake deal" are long gone.
As much as I would still like to believe that we live in an old world, I just can't, because I don't believe we do anymore.
The days of the "Mick Cronin handshake" are long gone. Sad, but true.

I once believed what you think, but I've chosen to live in the new world. The new world where money and success are the be all and end all of happiness.
I don't agree with it at all. It ain't my philosophy. But I can't change that. I have a love for the Eels that will never die.
The days that I used to catch a bus from Kirby Street in Dundas Valley, to Church street as a 14 year old, to queue up outside the gates at Cumberland Oval, get in on my schoolboy footy pass, and race across to the ol' grandstand to save my mum and dad a seat with a hand knitted blanket.
The days where I used to sit on my dad's shoulders and watch Ken Thornett. The days that I used to slide down the back of the old hill on disgarded ice cream boxes as a 6 y.o.
Those are the days that I long for again. But, sadly pete, those days are long gone.

So, I've decided, that instead of just chucking in the towel, I'm going to stick it out. I'll do it until the day I die. If, god forbid, something happens like Denis Fitzgerald gets back into power and signs Willie Mason and Ben Cousins, and makes season ticket prices $3000 a year, and turns the leagues club into a 1 million poker machine brothel, I'll still turn up every week and see the Eels play, and be a member, because, I never want to see our Eels die.

I sort of think that you feel the same as me. It would be sad to lose a supporter like you that loves the Eels so much, regardless of which direction our club heads towards, and whatever decisions it makes.

Suity

If tomorrow Paul Osbourne announces that DA will not be head of the Parramatta Eels it will break alot of Parramatta fans hearts. But as we all no Parra have seen darker days and as a solid fan base will rebound from this disgraceful decision not to honour a contract and move forward and one day again live the success of our not to recent past.

parra pete

Referee
I think the club is bigger than any one person or decision, ad certainly wouldnt throw in the towel should a coach get sacked or something similar. But hey, each to their own, if Ando got chopped, and that decision caused someone like Pete to lose heart and decide they couldnt follow the club, so be it. Each to their own.

If someone's heart isnt in it thats kinda that, isnt it?

Fishy, I am hoping that my mate is WRONG...As it will break my heart if he is right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts