What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewiscook

Juniors
Fishy, I am hoping that my mate is WRONG...As it will break my heart if he is right...

I hope he is wrong to Pete,
I don't no what it is but there is just something inside me that sees DA as Parrammattas coach now and for the future and that feeling just wont go away...

Fishy, I am hoping that my mate is WRONG...As it will break my heart if he is right...

Mate it's not that bad. Hagan and Smith were flicked by DF before their time was up.

It's a cut throat industry.

Although you annoy me with your poems about yester-year it would very sad to see someone chuck it in after all this time supporting a club.

lewiscook

Juniors
Mate it's not that bad. Hagan and Smith were flicked by DF before their time was up.

Although you annoy me with your poems about yester-year it would very sad to see someone chuck it in after all this time supporting a club.

Its a cut-throat industrry that is killing our game and being run but huge EGOS that wont more and more.
If DA is ousted tomorrow it wont be for the good of the club it will be because of the individuals whom are part of this mess that is destroying a game that has lost so much in such a short time with such a big history..

ABSOLUTE BLOODY DISGRACE!

Suitman

Post Whore
If tomorrow Paul Osbourne announces that DA will not be head of the Parramatta Eels it will break alot of Parramatta fans hearts.

So be it.

Ando had a chance this year to prove his worth as a coach. Sadly, whether it was man management skills or or lack of coaching nouse, he failed to take us forward. And I don't mean win us a comp. Seriously, we were pretty sh*te generally this year.

I was a huge fan of us bringing him back to the club. He hasn't done a lot since then to prove to me he is the answer to taking this club forward. If management thinks the same, I can live with that.
If they also decide that he will lead us through another season, I can also live with that.

Suity

Delboy

First Grade
I still don't understand what the man love for DA is , didn't see anything in his coaching that makes it a priority to keep him. I was so disappointed this year after the woeful unstructured way we played, that I thought abput not renewing my Season Tickets, which I have had since 1982.

Can't realistically do that, so I want the club to be successful and if that means changing coaches, fine. Re the comments about senior players, don't believe all the commenst as it is not as they say sometimes (I have some knowledge there)

El Diablo

Post Whore

no they weren't

Suitman

Post Whore
We were in the GF 51 weeks ago and now they wanna oust him...:crazy:

No one can argue with that.

But if you want to say stuff like that, can you please tell us how our coach improved our performance and ability this season, and then back up your argument. I'm really curious as to your answer.

Suity

Delboy

First Grade
Djay, we made ther GF last year on the back of some inspired play by Hayne following plenty of offlaods. Expected this year that we would improve, 3 home wins, 2 games lost to the Sharks FFS and hopeless structure,\.

I saw more set plays from my grandsons U9s than we did all season,and no one has come on here to say why we should keep DA, other than he is a Parra man, which is true enough, but the NRL seems a bit beyond him, unfit and unstructured , was enough for me.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Where does Tim Sheens stand in people's estimations? He's been at Wests since Moses parted the Red Sea and, aside from two incredibly lucky chokes in 2005 by the Eels and Dragons which led to the Tigers impressively claiming the title, what's he done since? This is the first time the Tigers have made the Finals in 5 years - FIVE YEARS!!!

But the board has stood by him and they are on the verge now of maybe winning a second title in 5 years.

You cannot sack a coach this quickly. You simply cannot do that - Big League made a good point in an article a few months back where they claimed that it takes about 4 or 5 years to genuinely build a dynasty at a footy club.

Don't renew Ando's contract after the third year - fine. Whatever. But you simply cannot end his deal prematurely and honestly expect results - it doesn't work that way.

f**k. This pisses me off no end. Just adds the f**king cherry to the f**king sh*t sundae of a last couple of months I've had. I'll never stop supporting this magnificent club, but FMD they're making it hard for me not to say I'm over it.

f**k. I'm....Gah.

Djay

Juniors
Ok, his my answer.

Firstly the reason why it is absolute lunacy to oust him is who are we gonna get? Stephen Kearney? Someone who has never coached FG and couldn't even coach a NZ team to the World Cup victory by himself and then there's one of the worst coaches around in Ricky Stuart who destroyed the Sharks and he is a favorite for the Parra spot.

Secondly I see what you's are saying with the structure. But it is very hard to have structure when you have halves who are absolutely hopeless. I'll judge DA when he has the side he want's which would/will be next year and a decent half who he can set up set plays and guide us around the field.

Don't really know why you think it would be a grand idea to oust him when he is one of the best coaches around and the other options are total sh*te.

Delboy

First Grade
Djay, I am not sure i agree that he is one of the best coaches. I have no objections if wwe keep him next year, but any honest ap[praisal will show he f***ed up big tiome this year. Even allowing for hopeless halves, he did little about it, which told me he wasnt prepared to make moves to get answers.

Why not Kearney, new ideas and a chance to succeed, works in real life why not in footy. Mate, DA needs top front the board with a full report of how he intends to improve the side and get the buggars fit, he has to show that he can compete in the NRL, it is not Superleague where a good roster gets you through, you need tactics and attitude.

Eelementary

Post Whore
FMD

why are you all getting worked up :?

when has pete been right?

Sorry. I've just had a sh*t couple of months and I'm feeling pretty sh*t right about now, and hearing news like this just makes things worse.

I realise it's probably not even really happening, but I just am a bit over-sensitive now.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
The thing that's been concerning me the last few days was that I heard Parra where in talks with Steve Folkes, i thought it was a bit of bs but now I'm starting to get worried.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Djay, I am not sure i agree that he is one of the best coaches. I have no objections if wwe keep him next year, but any honest ap[praisal will show he f***ed up big tiome this year. Even allowing for hopeless halves, he did little about it, which told me he wasnt prepared to make moves to get answers.

Why not Kearney, new ideas and a chance to succeed, works in real life why not in footy. Mate, DA needs top front the board with a full report of how he intends to improve the side and get the buggars fit, he has to show that he can compete in the NRL, it is not Superleague where a good roster gets you through, you need tactics and attitude.

I agree with the bit about getting the buggers fit. Maybe we can look at new trainers/conditioners or whatever they are called these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.