What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
The thing that's been concerning me the last few days was that I heard Parra where in talks with Steve Folkes, i thought it was a bit of bs but now I'm starting to get worried.

Folkes is a top coach. I would take him over some of the others mentioned.

Avenger

Immortal
Folkes just needed a change. A bit like Smithy with us. He can coach and coach very well. I would take him in anyday but only after Ando is given another go.

yy_cheng

Coach
It's sad and it's a shame, but for every pete, there's 10 new youngen's who will learn to love the club.
When Parra win the comp next year with Kearney as coach, I'll bet pete is still as proud as punch and posting like mad.
Can't take the Blue and Gold out of our red blood.

Suity

We lost MR GEORGE.

Unless he changed his name to PETE and learnt about YouTube instead of posting short sentences.

yy_cheng

Coach
Guys, I worked in banks for the last 18 years.

We hire guys on contracts on a 1, 3, 5 years basis.

They don't perform, they are asked to leave. Unless they have done something untowards, they always have their contracts paid out in full. i.e. if they are on a 5 year contract with 1 month notice and they are asked to leave in their 2nd year, they will get paid out for the remainder of their contract + the additional month.

It is a business now.

Pete refers to the crow's handshake deals.

As suity mentioned, they are years gone by.

It is twitter and facebook and GenY. The players are more or less GenY.

They grew up differently and have to be managed differently.

I agree with Delboy. I haven't seen any structure in our play. Yes, you can argue that we couldn't execute because of our halves, but then it's time to find an alternate way.

If he did try to put structure in but the players didn't respond then, DA has failed. As he either can't get it through to these GenY's or he has no game plan of note.

I also don't buy this oh he didn't get the team he wanted.

There are very few jobs where you walk in new and DO get the team you want. You usually inherit the team. Just like DA has.

He had a 3 year contract. He knew that when he signed.
Does he think he can get the team he wants within 3 years? I doubt it.

For mine, his job is to make use of the cattle he has and improve it and make them work as a team.

If he gets the people he wants. Then great. If he can't, he has to use his cattle to make them successful.

So Grand Finalists to 4th last (excluding Storm). Did he succeed?

Maybe if we came last last year, he would be kept on for his 3rd year.

Finally, the squad is more or less the same in 2011 as 2010. If the board thinks he can't do anything with this team in 2010, he's going to fail miserably in 2011.

They tried to get a decent half. That might've just swayed the board to keep DA. But no done deal as yet.

If we perform the same next year, we could lose sponsorships. And possibly the 3rd party sponsorships that they have been talking about.

I think he naively saw that Mortz and Robbo were the answer.

I called it in the pre-season that these 2 could not execute consistently at NRL Standard and mentioned heaps that we needed a better half.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
According to a rumour on the 'other site', Johnathon Thurston is trying to get out of the Cowboys, and is apparently negotiating to join another club in 2011....as in sign now to join a new club next year.
Apparently, we haven't even approached this player; the Tigers are the ones chasing him, mind you this is supposedly.

No it doesn't make sense at all, and honestly I can't see anything like this occurring without the club knowing about it....wouldn't make sense either way considering if Thurston wanted to leave he would go to the clubs with money.

Don't shoot the messenger, this is just a rumour I have heard from the other site.
I don't think it is true, just passing it on because it could end up popping up somewhere.

If it is true though, you would think our management would throw everything they have at him.....

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
According to a rumour on the 'other site', Johnathon Thurston is trying to get out of the Cowboys, and is apparently negotiating to join another club in 2011....as in sign now to join a new club next year.
Apparently, we haven't even approached this player; the Tigers are the ones chasing him, mind you this is supposedly.

No it doesn't make sense at all, and honestly I can't see anything like this occurring without the club knowing about it....wouldn't make sense either way considering if Thurston wanted to leave he would go to the clubs with money.

Don't shoot the messenger, this is just a rumour I have heard from the other site.
I don't think it is true, just passing it on because it could end up popping up somewhere.

If it is true though, you would think our management would throw everything they have at him.....

All I can say is.....Things that make you go Mmmmmmmmm.....

boxhead

First Grade
All I can say is.....Things that make you go Mmmmmmmmm.....

:)

Same here.

Personally, if Thurston was available, given we have more money than the Cowboys pay him......grab it and don't let go!!!

By the way guys several people on the other site also have said Craig Gower's signing could be announced as soon as tomorrow.
Wait and see I guess with all these rumours.....

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
FMD

why are you all getting worked up :?

when has pete been right?

Just posting information I received tonight. I'm hoping it is WRONG....Just have to wait and see...

BTW I have been right about the biggest collection of stars ever assembled in a little Country town for a Rugby League Trial....in a match to be refereed by the most capped NRL Grand Final Referee.
Bringing some of the Superstars of the game to Country Areas...that is something the NRL, CRL and ARL HASN'T been able to achieve.

See www.haymagpies.leaguenet.com.au

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys heard some news about Orford;

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-matt-for-orford/story-e6frexnr-1225928590534

PARRAMATTA are on the verge of solving their playmaking crisis.

Sport Confidential can reveal the Eels are confident of signing Matt Orford in the next few weeks if they can work out a deal with his English Super League club Bradford Bulls.

"We are certainly keen on Matt and we are working hard to work out something with his club," Eels CEO Paul Osborne said. "He has a year left on his deal over there and they want some sort of transfer fee and we are working on it."

The Eels have made Orford their top recruitment target after playmaking duo Daniel Mortimer and Jeff Robson couldn't help the club to the finals this year. Coach Daniel Anderson was keen to lure Brett Kimmorley and then Trent Barrett to the club for a year but both players chose to retire.

Orford is desperate to link with the Eels next year and we are told it is very likely to happen.

WHILE Matt Orford looks certain to come back to the NRL, another unhappy Super League player might have to hang up his boots. Former Eel and Dragon Mark Riddell was hopeful of retiring to Parramatta after a stint in Wigan but the club has shut the door on any potential deal. We're told the Sharks are the last possible option for "Piggy".

PANTHERS forward Tim Grant is filthy about having to go in for surgery on his ankle next week. "It means I'm going to miss Bathurst," the V8 nut said. "My uncle has just brought a GT and we were going to go down in that but I'll be laid up at home instead."

It's not all bad news for Grant, however, with V8 legend Dick Johnson inviting him to his Jim Beam Racing factory in Queensland for a tour before the Gold Coast 600. "I'll drag myself there if I have to," Grant said.

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys heard some news about Orford;

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-matt-for-orford/story-e6frexnr-1225928590534

Sport Confidential can reveal the Eels are confident of signing Matt Orford in the next few weeks if they can work out a deal with his English Super League club Bradford Bulls.

"We are certainly keen on Matt and we are working hard to work out something with his club," Eels CEO Paul Osborne said. "He has a year left on his deal over there and they want some sort of transfer fee and we are working on it."

The Eels have made Orford their top recruitment target after playmaking duo Daniel Mortimer and Jeff Robson couldn't help the club to the finals this year. Coach Daniel Anderson was keen to lure Brett Kimmorley and then Trent Barrett to the club for a year but both players chose to retire.

Orford is desperate to link with the Eels next year and we are told it is very likely to happen.

There could be a press conference/announcements made today supposedly, but likely not on this.

Forty20

First Grade
Eels put out welcome Matt for Orford
Josh Massoud and James Phelps Daily Telegraph September 24

WHILE Matt Orford looks certain to come back to the NRL, another unhappy Super League player might have to hang up his boots. Former Eel and Dragon Mark Riddell was hopeful of retiring to Parramatta after a stint in Wigan but the club has shut the door on any potential deal. We're told the Sharks are the last possible option for "Piggy".

Clicky

Deadset, how easy is the gig at the Tele? There is nothing in this 'reveal' that no one already doesn't know and hasn't known for quite some time now and yet they can still print it like it is an exclusive insiders tip.

Might as well move along ladies and gents, there is nothing to see here unless you are interested in a couple of chimpanzees conquering elementary mathematics (hint, the equation is 2+2=?)

strider

Post Whore
The big rumour I heard today is Daniel Anderson is to be sacked, with the announcement to be made TOMORROW.
I don't know if it is true..This is the email I received to night.
If it happens, my 50 years of support will come to an end....
Not enjoying it any more. Can't stand the disloyalty shown to contracts...

Parra...
Anderson the coach to be sacked tomorrow

Robbie D.

but those Raiders are coming good just at the right time eh? ;-) .... never a better time to jump ship

Status
Not open for further replies.