What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
Willie Tonga??
To the Eels??

I asked about this the other day, after we all heard reports on him leaving the Cowboys; I asked if we should chase him/are we after him....looks like we know.

Thanks newmanj!!

Originally Posted by boxhead
Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Willie Tonga - Cowboys Centre
Cooper Cronk - Storm Halfback
Braith Anasta - Roosters Lock/Five-Eighth - Strange rumour, at this stage it's only a "we approached him" rumour.
Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Grant Rovelli - Cowboys Halfback/Five-Eighth
Matt Orford- Apparently will not happen now, will leave on the list temporarily.

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior

Daniel Anderson is gone. Stephen Kearney is favourite to take his spot.
New potential signings to be announced along with the coach perhaps.....
Thanks again to all of our sources and friends, this list wouldn't be possible without you guys!

EDIT: Guys, read off that article on our NYC season review that Cameron Bruest and Marmin Barba have also officially signed, along with Paki Afu and co.

Last edited:

Forty20

First Grade
So can we assume that Anderson didn't have anything to do with this signing and this is the will of the board and/or Osbourne?

I'm not being snarky but rather curious as without a coach and with a new signing, who takes the responsibility?

Delboy

First Grade
Maquire appears to be a cover for the 9 role, guess that puts Mk on notice for a big offseason.

boxhead

First Grade
Thanks for the news haynemagic!

Originally Posted by boxhead
Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Casey Mcguire - SL Utility
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Willie Tonga - Cowboys Centre
Cooper Cronk - Storm Halfback
Braith Anasta - Roosters Lock/Five-Eighth - Strange rumour, at this stage it's only a "we approached him" rumour.
Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Grant Rovelli - Cowboys Halfback/Five-Eighth
Matt Orford- Apparently will not happen now, will leave on the list temporarily.

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior

Daniel Anderson is gone. Stephen Kearney is favourite to take his spot.
New potential signings to be announced along with the coach perhaps.....
Thanks again to all of our sources and friends, this list wouldn't be possible without you guys!

Guys according to the Grill Team, a radio team focused on NRL, Stephen Kearney will be announced as our new head coach today, and Ricky Stuart has now been linked to the Broncos.....
Also, the rumours are appearing around radios and websites along with our sources that Willie Tonga may yet return to the Eels....

Last edited:

cgee221

Juniors
Guys according to the Grill Team, a radio team focused on NRL, Stephen Kearney will be announced as our new head coach today, and Ricky Stuart has now been linked to the Broncos.....
Also, the rumours are appearing around radios and websites along with our sources that Willie Tonga may yet return to the Eels....

The Tonga news is interesting, certainly haven't heard anything about that from my sources.

BTW....this has no substance to it whatsoever, just pure speculation from me. However, I think it's interesting to note that with the pending signing of Kearney and our hookers coming off-contract at the end of 2011, that Isaac Luke is also off-contract for the Bunnies.

haynemagic

Juniors
what pisses me off about these signings. Is that both the board and DA chose who they wanted. So weve signed all these players and then we sack DA. Now we are signing players without a coach and most likely with no imput from Kearney leaving him with players he doesnt even want.

Stagger eel

Staff member
what pisses me off about these signings. Is that both the board and DA chose who they wanted. So weve signed all these players and then we sack DA. Now we are signing players without a coach and most likely with no imput from Kearney leaving him with players he doesnt even want.

the situation is quite simple..if Kearney doesn't want to work with the players infront of him, he doesn't take the job, he's knocked back NRL jobs in the past I'm sure he wouldn't have an issue doing the same if he knew he couldn't do much with them.

born an eel

Bench
12 months ago Ozzie and the board were telling us how great they were at signing players, come to now and they are saying DA had total control over recruitment, what will they be saying in a further 12 months

Stagger eel

Staff member
12 months ago Ozzie and the board were telling us how great they were at signing players, come to now and they are saying DA had total control over recruitment, what will they be saying in a further 12 months

tbh, i can't recall that, however 12 months we needed to make statement in the player market as were going like busteds at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.