What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
The Parramatta side was a Luke Burt conversion away from finishing over the top of the Storm in the 2009 Grand Final..and a Luke Burt penalty of keeping its chances alive in 2010..Losses to Newcastle and Brisbane at the closing minutes of the match..would have made a difference to where the Club finished.
Eels into the semis..who knows where it could have taken them...One thing for sure..it didn't save the coach.

The team missed the finals, because it consistenly dished out rubbish week in, week out throughout the season.... The team didnt deserve to make the finals even if it had done so....

parra pete

Referee
Pete, you post more frequently now that you've quit than you ever did!

:lol:

Didn't say I was quitting the forum..Just said I was quitting supporting the Eels.
I'll still be on it to keep you mob on your toes before the Club disappears down the sewer it is creating.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Casper, MOST of what you say is true (except for that last bit), but nothing takes away from the fact that we put in a very poor first 40 minutes in the GF. Heck, the uncontested bomb says a lot about the commitment and mind set of the players. If we really wanted to win, we would have beaten the Storm regardless of how far over the cap they were.

About the first 40 minutes, I agree with you eel01s, had mentioned that in my posts not long after the 2009 GF, but even after the chronic slowing down of the play-the-ball and the crap 10 meters we were getting (in other games leading up to the GF teams were consistently being penalised for this indiscretion against the Eels,..... but not for the GF, the News Limited NRL showpiece, we must loosen up the rules for this game - sure ---- strengthen the Storms strengths while weakening the Eels main strengths), we were still good enough to get within a whisker of beating the cheats with ten minutes or so to go.

We were on top of the Storm, we had them on the back foot really struggling behind their 30 meter zone with huge passionate defense and then Fui gets wrongly penalised at the most crucial point in the game. Then comes the Inglis field goal. How convenient! We were good enough to beat the cheats that day but the cheats cheated us in other ways. We were up against a cheating News Limited NRL club and cheating News Limited NRL refs.

I don't throw words around like cheats lightly but the Storm club and its owners News Limited NRL were cheats and our club was cheated of a GF premiership. How can this fiasco be just put to one side, be easily dismissed and forgotten about!!!! It seems most (hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans) are too scared to confront the Big-Brother News Limited NRL and accuse them of being cheats and take them to the cleaners. By changing the rules for the GF, the News Limited NRL breached the trade practices act, the consumers were served a different product to the one they actually paid for/ordered in advance. Change the rules & you change the product and worst of all, no consumer was provided with full-disclosure that the News Limited NRL was going to change the rules (the product) for the GF. This is f**kED!!!!!!!!!

What would our clubs position be today, particularly Daniel Anderson as coach if we were acknowledged for legally winning the 2009 GF and was awarded the premiership???

MrT

Juniors
Didn't say I was quitting the forum..Just said I was quitting supporting the Eels.
I'll still be on it to keep you mob on your toes before the Club disappears down the sewer it is creating.

We'll all still be here when you come out of the closet.

You'll be back

strider

Post Whore
The Parramatta side was a Luke Burt conversion away from finishing over the top of the Storm in the 2009 Grand Final..and a Luke Burt penalty of keeping its chances alive in 2010..Losses to Newcastle and Brisbane at the closing minutes of the match..would have made a difference to where the Club finished.
Eels into the semis..who knows where it could have taken them...One thing for sure..it didn't save the coach.
great - you had to make it all about Luke Burt .... can't wait for his anti-fan club to come on in :lol:

strider

Post Whore
you know, if the Parra Board has any sense of humour they will announce our new coach on Wednesday at 11am :pray:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Wasn't the board meeting originally scheduled for tomorrow night? They could have announced the sacking on Wednesday morning.

84 Baby

Referee
People can say what they like..doesn't worry me. I'm moving on with my principles in tact. If that is considered weak. Yep, I am weak...
You don't worry about what people say, yet the board's decision to inform Anderson that they don't want him as coach anymore appears to have caused you so much distress that you are willing to not only turn your back on the club but openly bag the club... then again perhaps you had changed your allegiance a long time ago. You may move on with your principles in tact. Obviously loyalty ain't one of them. You now have a choice. Be treated as a turncoat and accept being weak, or be treated as a troll and every time you post a word against our board (as bad as they may be) it should be moved to the swamp.

I hope you do return to our club on the day we win the premiership, because deep down you'll have that very hollow feeling of knowing you abandoned the club in a time of need and will have diddily squat to really cheer about

parra pete

Referee
You don't worry about what people say, yet the board's decision to inform Anderson that they don't want him as coach anymore appears to have caused you so much distress that you are willing to not only turn your back on the club but openly bag the club... then again perhaps you had changed your allegiance a long time ago. You may move on with your principles in tact. Obviously loyalty ain't one of them. You now have a choice. Be treated as a turncoat and accept being weak, or be treated as a troll and every time you post a word against our board (as bad as they may be) it should be moved to the swamp.

I hope you do return to our club on the day we win the premiership, because deep down you'll have that very hollow feeling of knowing you abandoned the club in a time of need and will have diddily squat to really cheer about

Hope I live long enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.