What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeHEel

Juniors
I get the feeling that most of these signings (of the oldies) are just 2011 stop gaps. Looks like they are keeping a bucket of cash free for the big key 2012 signings.. assuming some of them have not already been stitched up

I should add I don't expect any big 2011 signings just more of what we have seen

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I get the feeling that most of these signings (of the oldies) are just 2011 stop gaps. Looks like they are keeping a bucket of cash free for the big key 2012 signings.. assuming some of them have not already been stitched up

I should add I don't expect any big 2011 signings just more of what we have seen

I think you're pretty much spot on there..

boxhead

First Grade
Originally Posted by boxhead
Our confirmed signings for season 2010/2011 include;

Jordan Atkins - Titans Winger
Casey Mcguire - Catalans Dragons (Super League) Utility
Cameron Bruest - NYC Raiders Halfback
Carl Webb - Cowboys Prop
Brad Murray - NYC Roosters Halfback
Paki Afu - NYC Bulldogs Prop/2nd Row
Manase Manoukafoa - Qld Cup Cowboys Prop
Marmin Barba - NYC Bulldogs Fullback/Utility
Reni Maitua - Un-signed (drug ban)

Rumoured signings (recently; one's that have legs on them) include;

Willie Tonga - Cowboys Centre
Cooper Cronk - Storm Halfback
Braith Anasta - Roosters Lock/Five-Eighth - Strange rumour, at this stage it's only a "we approached him" rumour.
Grant Rovelli - Cowboys Halfback/Five-Eighth
Matt Orford- Apparently will not happen now, will leave on the list temporarily.

Re-signed (can people please confirm some of these; obviously more of them);
Daniel Mortimer
Jacob Loko
Ken Sio
Luke Burt
Justin Horo
Eric Grothe Junior

Daniel Anderson is gone. Stephen Kearney is favourite to take his spot.
New potential signings to be announced along with the coach perhaps.....
Thanks again to all of our sources and friends, this list wouldn't be possible without you guys!

Thanks for the news guys! Our confirmed signings list doesn't look all that bad anymore does it??

Last edited:

cgee221

Juniors
Thanks for the news guys! Our confirmed signings list doesn't look all that bad anymore does it??

Certainly a lot better, the Atkins news took a while to be confirmed as he had signed on ages ago, but we've certainly got a lot of depth now, again it's just our halves that really need a boost, but that news may come soon anyways.

Side note: Casey McGuire is from Catalans Dragons for your list Boxhead, if you couldn't remember where he was from :)

boxhead

First Grade
Certainly a lot better, the Atkins news took a while to be confirmed as he had signed on ages ago, but we've certainly got a lot of depth now, again it's just our halves that really need a boost, but that news may come soon anyways.

Side note: Casey McGuire is from Catalans Dragons for your list Boxhead, if you couldn't remember where he was from :)

Thanks mate, hopefully our halves depth will improve....wait and see, apparently we still have a couple of signings to go (aside from the coach).

@84 Baby
Yeah that's probably the way it will end up being, but the thing is that we may not recruit any top-line players but, like someone mentioned elsewhere, these 'no-name players' could end up being stars that lead us to glory (i.e. Brad Murray, Reni Maitua). Hell, I'm excited about having a more talented version of Ben Barba in our team (Marmin Barba)......unfortunately I think he is only 18/19 next year.

ROGUE

Juniors
Ah pete if your still around and not have abandoned us can you confirm what this cameron bruest is like? I was a bit dusty at the game on saturday nite and hadn't payed much attention to the canberra nyc team

sooperdooper

First Grade
you can only buy what is available... unfortunately there isnt alot of talent jumping out screaming 'sign me' 'sign me'

parra pete

Referee
Ah pete if your still around and not have abandoned us can you confirm what this cameron bruest is like? I was a bit dusty at the game on saturday nite and hadn't payed much attention to the canberra nyc team

Did not play any NYC this year played in 18s.He is from Wagga Kangaroos.
We have Sam Williams and Mick Picker in the NYC team..and they are beauties and will be good back ups for Campo and Josh McCrone.
We are still keen on getting Matty Orford as mentors for these blokes. Williams, btw, was rated the top halfback in NYC this season.

Former Wagga Kangaroos junior Cameron Breust will be heading to Sydney next year to play with Parramatta Eels, after signing with the Eels to play in their under 20 NRL team.
The next few months will be busy for the 19-year-old who was selected in the Australian University rugby league team for its overseas tour in November.
Breust has been named as five-eighth in the touring side which will play representative games in France and England.
I spoke with the up-coming halves player, while he was relaxing at home with his family, about his move from Canberra to Sydney and his new club the Eels.
http://www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2010/09/06/3003791.htm?site=riverina&section=sport

Last edited:

scottyeel

Bench
We have Sam Williams and Mick Picker in the NYC team..and they are beauties and will be good back ups for Campo and Josh McCrone.
We are still keen on getting Matty Orford as mentors for these blokes. Williams, btw, was rated the top halfback in NYC this season.

Former Wagga Kangaroos junior Cameron Breust will be heading to Sydney next year to play with Parramatta Eels, after signing with the Eels to play in their under 20 NRL team.
The next few months will be busy for the 19-year-old who was selected in the Australian University rugby league team for its overseas tour in November.
Breust has been named as five-eighth in the touring side which will play representative games in France and England.
I spoke with the up-coming halves player, while he was relaxing at home with his family, about his move from Canberra to Sydney and his new club the Eels.
http://www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2010/09/06/3003791.htm?site=riverina&section=sport
Another drunk driver and runner on Canberra's roster. Seems they have a real problem with alcohol in that club.

boxhead

First Grade

FFS, Pete you have turned into an arrogant Raiders pansy....
Go on your own forum mate if you want to be such an arrogant pr*ck.
Fine, let me entertain you with our NYC players;

Jacob Loko who is the next Greg Inglis.
Daniel Tupou who is the next Israel Folau.
Marmin Barba who is as talented and explosive as brother Ben.
Cameron Bruest who is one of the more praised up and coming stars.
Paki Afu who is one of the best forwards in the NYC.

If you are going to boast on a forum you aren't a part of, then you'd better expect we will one up you :cool:

IFR33K

Coach
FFS, Pete you have turned into an arrogant Raiders pansy....
Go on your own forum mate if you want to be such an arrogant pr*ck.
Fine, let me entertain you with our NYC players;

Jacob Loko who is the next Greg Inglis.
Daniel Tupou who is the next Israel Folau.
Marmin Barba who is as talented and explosive as brother Ben.
Cameron Bruest who is one of the more praised up and coming stars.
Paki Afu who is one of the best forwards in the NYC.

If you are going to boast on a forum you aren't a part of, then you'd better expect we will one up you :cool:

Back in my day, we used to show a bit of respect to our elders.

Status
Not open for further replies.