What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Oh yeah and by the way there is more chance of me sleeping with Rachael Finch than Quade Cooper signing with the eels.

And if you've seen my head you would know that's a big call.

Gronk

Staff member
Oh yeah and by the way there is more chance of me sleeping with Rachael Finch than Quade Cooper signing with the eels.

And if you've seen my head you would know that's a big call.

drooling_homer.gif

Stagger eel

Staff member
by 12:30pm today Brett Kimmorely will not be an option.

be prepared for another season with Robson at half unless Brad Murray steps up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Or Quade Cooper takes a dominant roll to Morts.

true, the club are still hopeful of positive outcome there..

btw, I hear Horo and Grothe are very close re signing soon and there could be some news of them and other signings over the next few days god willing..lol

I was told through a source that they still believe that they have the situation with recruitment pretty much under control and other than Baz and Cronk (even though both wanted to come, situation beyond their control prevented that) they have not missed out on anyone they wanted to sign and with a alot of money to spend they still have some very good options.

btw, we apparently made an inquiry on Pritchard but laughed off his asking price which was apparently ridiculous. as far as I'm concerned I would rather Horo.

do you think we may have told Kimmorely we won't be making a offer now because we have confirmation on another player we were waiting on?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Or maybe Noddy couldn't be bothered dragging his sorry arse around for another season with a bottom of the table type team like te eels.

Stagger eel

Staff member
do you think we may have told Kimmorely we won't be making a offer now because we have confirmation on another player we were waiting on?

no, as i said before if QC knocks back our offer for next season, which i feel deep down he will than the options for 7 next season will be robson and murray end of story.

gustarny

Juniors
Do you think the money will then be spent in other areas such as maybe a mason or some other forward depth. If thats the case i would also grab Ferguson.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Do you think the money will then be spent in other areas such as maybe a mason or some other forward depth. If thats the case i would also grab Ferguson.

i don't know, but if you think about it logically, the money has to be spent and I keep hearing that we've got heaps left under the cap.

players from here and England that are not tied up as yet are still options however I'm also told that there are players who are under contract looking to get out..

the west tigers signed a marquee player in March this year, we may need to wait until then to get a special signing..who knows?

either way, I am expecting Reni and Webb to be 2 of our first serious outside signings.

eel01s

Bench
true, the club are still hopeful of positive outcome there..

btw, I hear Horo and Grothe are very close re signing soon and there could be some news of them and other signings over the next few days god willing..lol

I was told through a source that they still believe that they have the situation with recruitment pretty much under control and other than Baz and Cronk (even though both wanted to come, situation beyond their control prevented that) they have not missed out on anyone they wanted to sign and with a alot of money to spend they still have some very good options.

btw, we apparently made an inquiry on Pritchard but laughed off his asking price which was apparently ridiculous. as far as I'm concerned I would rather Horo.

Thanks for that - very interesting. Does anyone know when Cronk is off contract?

Delboy

First Grade
I did hear that CC has a release clause in his favour after 2011, no confirmation but logical given that the Storm have been firm in not releasing hin for next year

born an eel

Bench
i don't know, but if you think about it logically, the money has to be spent and I keep hearing that we've got heaps left under the cap.

players from here and England that are not tied up as yet are still options however I'm also told that there are players who are under contract looking to get out..

the west tigers signed a marquee player in March this year, we may need to wait until then to get a special signing..who knows?

either way, I am expecting Reni and Webb to be 2 of our first serious outside signings.
not all the cap has to be spent, clubs in the past have left some room under the cap and had room for early season signings. We need 25 players to be included but not all money has to be spent.

I wonder if Kimmorley thinks it's safer to retire than sign we us and have an uncertain future if a change in coaching eventuates.

Gronk

Staff member
not all the cap has to be spent, clubs in the past have left some room under the cap and had room for early season signings. We need 25 players to be included but not all money has to be spent.

I wonder if Kimmorley thinks it's safer to retire than sign we us and have an uncertain future if a change in coaching eventuates.

He's taken a coaching job at the Dogs. Better for his after footy career than a year with us.

parra pete

Referee
Carl Webb....FMD....Reni Matua....FMD
Neither would get a run at the Pie in the Sky...We are not THAT desperate..

Status
Not open for further replies.