What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

forward pass

Coach
I was told through a source that they still believe that they have the situation with recruitment pretty much under control and other than Baz and Cronk (even though both wanted to come, situation beyond their control prevented that) they have not missed out on anyone they wanted to sign and with a alot of money to spend they still have some very good options.

That is an interesting comment considering (apart from Barrett and Cronk)
that we have been linked with but not signed -

Quade Cooper
Anthony Watts
Kimmorley
Colin Best
Reni Matua
Carl Webb
Willie Mason
Matt orford
Mark Riddell
Johnathan Thurston
Taniela Tuiaki

Have I missed any?

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Quade Cooper
Anthony Watts
Kimmorley
Colin Best
Reni Matua
Carl Webb
Willie Mason
Matt orford
Mark Riddell
Johnathan Thurston
Taniela Tuiaki

Have I missed any?

so either all these players are coming or the rumours about us chasing them were all wrong.

Stagger eel

Staff member

Quade Cooper - still on the scene
Anthony Watts - we weren't willing to compete with other dollers offered so we backed off.
Kimmorley - I found out he was retiring a few weeks ago, the club did not officially persue it.
Colin Best - tooth ferry talk.
Reni Matua - still available.
Carl Webb - still available
Willie Mason - still available, although I haven't heard quietly that we're actually after him.
Matt orford - wants to come home but bradford are playing hard ball
Mark Riddell - still available and wants to come to Parra, we're not overly keen apparently
Johnathan Thurston - I don't believe an official offer was made and ossie always had the impression he would stay
Taniela Tuiaki - we didn't want to give him anything more than incentive based contract, the tigers offered him a fulltime contract.

Have I missed any?

yes FP!!..nice to see that you've taken everything reported as gospal..anyway this is what I know about these players mentioned.

I hope the above info helps.

Parraren

Bench
If our major signings are Reni and Webb we are rooted.

I'm just speculating here but I reckon IF we do sign them they'll be on very modest contracts with incentives etc. much like the signings of Galavao & Kingston in recent years which didn't work out too bad for us.

I wouldn't get hysterical.

Delboy

First Grade
So, we don't need someone with a nasty streak to play in the forwards.

I like it when Prince and Bwaith get in the refs ear, when Thaiday gets aggro, about time we looked outside the skill only set and got someone who will play mean.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
yes FP!!..nice to see that you've taken everything reported as gospal..anyway this is what I know about these players mentioned.

I hope the above info helps.

If you found out weeks ago about Kimmorley, how come you stated just last week that we should get BK in there and that you found it plausible that he was the fallback plan for Quade Cooper?

Gronk

Staff member
I actually think that Carl will respond to being #4 prop with Poor, Fui & Manah. At the Cowboys he's found it tough going being the lead prop. This will take pressure off him I think.

No way would we be playing top $ for him.

gustarny

Juniors
Thanks Del i think webb will be good we need some intimidation in our pack only 29 for christs sake still has a good three years in him ,needs a change of club.

Eelvis

Juniors
Bumped into guru snr this arvo whilst he was delivering meat at my local, and when asked is jnr staying he told me he's signing this arvo and it's for the duration of 1 year

Gronk

Staff member
Bumped into guru snr this arvo whilst he was delivering meat at my local, and when asked is jnr staying he told me he's signing this arvo and it's for the duration of 1 year

<uses best Elvis voice>

Thank-you-very-much

Suitman

Post Whore

Viva.......Las Vegas.

Great news.

Suity

Status
Not open for further replies.