What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Bumped into guru snr this arvo whilst he was delivering meat at my local, and when asked is jnr staying he told me he's signing this arvo and it's for the duration of 1 year

Will that be announced on Wednesday:lol:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Paul Osborne to Eric

love me tender
love me sweet
sign the dotted line
you will make my life complete
scoring me more tries

Stagger eel

Staff member
If you found out weeks ago about Kimmorley, how come you stated just last week that we should get BK in there and that you found it plausible that he was the fallback plan for Quade Cooper?

yep - I probably should of chose my words a bit carefully, the club knew for a while I actually found out over the weekend through my job.

on top of EGJ's signature today we also had Justin signing for 3 years.

* Jono has been made an offer and has yaken it away to think about it, I believe the dogs want him..surprise surprise.

* Reni could sign in the next few days

* there's a bit of a stumbling block with Webb about the actual term of his offer but they're trying to work through it.

Forty20

First Grade
Great work Stagger.

Maitua and Webb could both turn out to be buys of the season for next year, depending on how they respond to Ando/Knowles and a new club...or they could turn out to be a waste of space.

Wright actually has a decent chance to hold down a regular centre spot at the Dogs, as they have had some problems finding a consistent performer in the 3/4 thus far this year. On top of that, with Loko, Filiga, Horo and even Humble we won't be hurt for depth too much.

caylo

Bench
Great work Stagger.

Maitua and Webb could both turn out to be buys of the season for next year, depending on how they respond to Ando/Knowles and a new club...or they could turn out to be a waste of space.

Wright actually has a decent chance to hold down a regular centre spot at the Dogs, as they have had some problems finding a consistent performer in the 3/4 thus far this year. On top of that, with Loko, Filiga, Horo and even Humble we won't be hurt for depth too much.

I would complain with a pack which included Maitua and Webb in form

Poore
Mitchell
Fui
Hindy
Smith
Horo

Webb
Mannah
Maitua

that would be a very good pack; webb and maitua could be influence Mannah and Horo. There is a risk with signning these guys but if Anderson thinks he can get the best out of them then I'm happy to go with it.

Forty20

First Grade
I would complain with a pack which included Maitua and Webb in form

Poore
Mitchell
Fui
Hindy
Smith
Horo

Webb
Mannah
Maitua

that would be a very good pack; webb and maitua could be influence Mannah and Horo. There is a risk with signning these guys but if Anderson thinks he can get the best out of them then I'm happy to go with it.

Wouldn't complain, you mean?

I concur with you on the matter of these signings having Ando's blessing, if that is the case then let the club cast the dice.

Does anyone know where we are at with Te Maari or Oake? Are they going to be elsewhere next year?

mrpwnd

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised to see Te Maari go elsewhere, the kid got like 1 hit up in his first game this year in first grade. What a stupid thing to do in a game and people complained about Mannah getting 10 minutes in origin...

Stagger eel

Staff member
look, Te Maari and Oake are second tier signings I can't see both of them scoring a fulltime contract anywhere unless they head os

boxhead

First Grade
Wait....
We've got the Shack to come back.
We've re-signed Horo.
We are after Maitua and Webb.
How does that work??

8. Fui Fui Moi Moi
9. Anthony Mitchell
10. Tim Mannah
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Reni Maitua

14. Tom Humble
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Justin Horo
17. Justin Poore

18. Carl Webb

???????
Unless we want to try the four forwards on the bench approach....which would be a massive gamble unless Mitchell and the others get good fitness going....
Maybe we might drop one of our centres or wingers and move either Horo or Smith to centre???? That would be dumb though in my opinion.

Last edited:

Forty20

First Grade
look, Te Maari and Oake are second tier signings I can't see both of them scoring a fulltime contract anywhere unless they head os

Is that a round about way of saying they will likely be staying on as part of our second tier?

If that is the case I would be pretty happy, Oake is yet to let us down when called upon and Te Maari is the sort of fringe player that keeps your first graders on their toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.