What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Us Eels fans are far too impatient. I talk to a few people and some of them seem to think that it's our god-given right to have a team that finishes in the top four each year.

Expecting success doesn't do anyone any good. It's not so much a matter of time to me but more if the club takes the right option for the right situation, and as far as Beau Henry and Ben Roberts goes, we signed Ben Roberts a while before we would have even known Henry was departing Newcastle. I think Ben Roberts is also a very experienced player and his qualities will complement Chris Sandow.

So I would say that signing Ben Roberts was the better option given the situation.
Ah people have been waiting 25 years for a comp mate.:?

oldmancraigy

Coach
well he probably was telling me porkys, but ffs it's only Taulima...pffftt

Would he be a dreadful backrower?

I know that's where we all wanted him anyway - now he's making the move into the forwards at Cronulla.

He's still only 23, very physical player who can bust a tackle. Might have some use as an impact type forward for depth!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Would he be a dreadful backrower?

I know that's where we all wanted him anyway - now he's making the move into the forwards at Cronulla.

He's still only 23, very physical player who can bust a tackle. Might have some use as an impact type forward for depth!

mate, i don't think he'd be dreadful, funilly enough he was one of their better players against us i think he can thrive under a bloke like sk the same way Las has..it appears Bellamy thinks he can do something with him to.

TT was not a bad player when he was with us. He was no superstar either but I feel he got some unwarranted flak when he was with us. He's future def is in the forwards.

IFR33K

Coach
TT was not a bad player when he was with us. He was no superstar either but I feel he got some unwarranted flak when he was with us. He's future def is in the forwards.

I haven't watched him since he left the eels. Has he learnt how to hold onto the ball yet???

cb4

First Grade
TT is very competent in the backrow.
His major problem with us, is we only recruit forwards.
He is a decent impact player, im a fan of his, but we just got Tagatese so there is no room for TT next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tautai would be a great man to have in your top 25 - big enough and fast enough to play wing, centre, edge forward and in the middle.

He'd be a great signing (dependent on price).

boxhead

First Grade
Apparently he won't be that expensive, I think if he comes cheap he'd be a very good signing considering how many positions he can cover, and most of them he can cover pretty competently too. As cb4 said, he is not a bad back-rower.

I do share the opinions of a few others and hope that we do recruit an impact style of player for our second-row, and I think Tony Williams would be great there.

boxhead

First Grade
So we have signed;

Chris Sandow
Ben Roberts
Esi Tonga
Matt Ryan
Daniel Penese

And hopefully Tautai as well?

I think already our recruitment for 2012 looks so much better than our recruitment for 2011.

MrT

Juniors
So we have signed;

Chris Sandow
Ben Roberts
Esi Tonga
Matt Ryan
Daniel Penese

And hopefully Tautai as well?

I think already our recruitment for 2012 looks so much better than our recruitment for 2011.

In that lot there is only 1 established 1st grader - Sandow. Roberts and Tonga have played 1st grade. This recruitment is only slightly better than last years thus far.

hopefully Tautai as well? - please spare me, if we want him then we want mediocrity. TONY WILLIAMS sign him now. Again last night he was causing problems on the edges.

Tautai is a waste of cap space. He now plays in the forwards. Where would he play at Parra????? lock????? we have Horo and Mutuia there and a young gun in Rory Brien.

I cannot believe we are talking to Tautai, please tell me this is a bad joke

MrT

Juniors
mate, i don't think he'd be dreadful, funilly enough he was one of their better players against us i think he can thrive under a bloke like sk the same way Las has..it appears Bellamy thinks he can do something with him to.

Imagine how Tony Williams could thrive playing for is junior club where he wants to be with his massive athletic frame. If we are fairdinkum about bringing back our good juniors and we want a big mobile backrower hitting the edges then Tony Williams is our man

jono

Juniors
T Williams >>>>> daylight>>>>>>Tautai
I can't believe we're linked to TT , it's not April 1 is it?
If you go after anyone , go after T-Rex

MrT

Juniors
Williams certainly wants too much money.

Otherwise why haven't Manly re-signed him?
We don't know that he wants too much money. He is on $200k at Manly. Frank Pritchard is on double that at the Dogs.

Even at $180k I'd say Williams would come bqack and that's not too much money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts