What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fathead

Bench
I have been told that we have released Anthony Mitchell immediately to the roosters. I have posted this but it was deleted as having no source. Since this is a rumour thread, lets say that this is a rumour

Gronk

Staff member
I have been told that we have released Anthony Mitchell immediately to the roosters. I have posted this but it was deleted as having no source. Since this is a rumour thread, lets say that this is a rumour

Firstly, it makes sense that Roberts was not released by the Dogs for various reasons. Depth and not wanting to weaken your squad to strengthen another.

If this turns out to be true, I can only assume that SK sees Morts as his back up 9 and sees Ant as surplus.

Fathead

Bench
Firstly, it makes sense that Roberts was not released by the Dogs for various reasons. Depth and not wanting to weaken your squad to strengthen another.

If this turns out to be true, I can only assume that SK sees Morts as his back up 9 and sees Ant as surplus.

Trying to resign casey

One of the dumbest decisions ever!

Ok maybe I was to hasty in saying it was a dumb decision without knowing the reasons why he's been let go. So I'll take back what I said. Mitchell has talent to burn so I'm kind of devastated to see a talent like this go. Their must be a major reason why SK doesn't rate him. And I want to know why?!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like most people around here you've built him up to be better than he is.

If Mitchell was that great there'd be some kind of bidding war for his signature. In fact, he probably would have been signed by now.

MrT

Juniors
Like most people around here you've built him up to be better than he is.

If Mitchell was that great there'd be some kind of bidding war for his signature. In fact, he probably would have been signed by now.

and how many clubs did Matt Keating knock back before we re-signed him?
We hear they want to bring back the juniors like Tautai but let go of Mitchell. What a joke. Of the signings we have made only Sandow was a priority. Since then we have signed players you sign for depth. This is a joke

Mortimer at hooker? please spare me he cannot pass as a 6 how on earth is he going to pass consistently as a hooker. This club makes more mistakes than the ALP.
The club has had no problem not honouring contracts in the past, well Morts should have got a tap on the shoulder and been told to look elsewhere as he won't be re-signed. He's on big bucks and that money could be used on signing a solid first grader.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they finish their recruitment, but they have not set the world on fire so far considering how much is available to spend.

Suitman

Post Whore
We hear they want to bring back the juniors like Tautai but let go of Mitchell. What a joke. Of the signings we have made only Sandow was a priority. Since then we have signed players you sign for depth. This is a joke

Mortimer at hooker? please spare me he cannot pass as a 6 how on earth is he going to pass consistently as a hooker. This club makes more mistakes than the ALP.
The club has had no problem not honouring contracts in the past, well Morts should have got a tap on the shoulder and been told to look elsewhere as he won't be re-signed. He's on big bucks and that money could be used on signing a solid first grader.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they finish their recruitment, but they have not set the world on fire so far considering how much is available to spend.

I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. These are all just rumours.
If we have confirmation of all of the above, I'll go off my f**king nut with you.

Suity

Tony Bongo

Bench

To make more mistakes than the ALP is impossible.
I'm happy with the decisions being made anyway and I trust that this decision has been made for a very good reason. If anyone knows all the facts as to why Ant has been released then please pass judgement. If you don't know all the details then how can you be in any position to?

Glenn

First Grade
To make more mistakes than the ALP is impossible.
I'm happy with the decisions being made anyway and I trust that this decision has been made for a very good reason. If anyone knows all the facts as to why Ant has been released then please pass judgement. If you don't know all the details then how can you be in any position to?

Never stopped people before, just look at the Humble saga :lol:

lucablight

First Grade
I remember when Kingston was released some of the reputable posters here were saying the coaching staff were comfortable with that because Mitchell was seen as the heir apparent. ..........

Last edited:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
These are the facts as I understand them.

There is no need for Mitchell next year. My reliable source has it that Smith will be our 9 next year and Casey/Roberts will be backup for either 6 or 9.

No need to worry.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I guess it belongs in here so here goes..

Mitch has played his last game for the club, he will be heading off to the roosters, he was never in SK's plans and I hear there was also some behind the scenes disciplanary issues..

there could also be some other major movement prior to June 30 but I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts