What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
Well mate, either your full of shit, or he is flat out lying to you.

Sharks Re-Sign Tautai & Flanagan
17/09/2010 12:40:12 PM

The Hisense Cronulla Sharks today confirmed the re-signings of edge back rower Taulima Tautai and hooker Stuart Flanagan.

Tautai 22 and Flanagan 23, both extended their contracts for a further year, which will see them remain at the club until the completion of the 2011 season.

“I’m really happy to be staying on next year at the Sharks,” Tautai said.

“It was great to hold down a regular spot this season and I’m really looking forward to 2011 and working with Shane [Flanagan] and the rest of the boys.”

“Everyone is really optimistic looking forward and I’m very keen on tightening up my own game and developing a few more skills with the quality players we have here at the club.”

While Stuart Flanagan had an interrupted season because of injury, the livewire hooker said he was happy to have the new deal finalised and hoped to remain on the paddock for the full year.

“It’ll be great to be back next year,” Flanagan said.

“There’s been a couple of little things that set me back this season like injury, but that’s just a part of footy.”

“I love the competiveness at the club with the other hookers we have here and it definitely makes me work harder and step up, but this year I didn’t really get the opportunity.”

“Things will be different next year and Shane will bring his own perspective, so I really cant wait for 2011.”

Sharks General Manager of Football, Darren Mooney, said he was very happy with the retention rate of the current playing roster for 2011.
http://www.sharks.com.au/?s=article-display&id=30507

He has also been told to look for another club.

Tony Bongo

Bench
well I actually said there were some possabilities there but the only people I would trust in telling me that are those connected to the club and certainly not those on the other site, but I guess that's just me being arrogant..:roll:

Not arrogant mate but naive perhaps.
I think it would be naive to trust anyone not connected with the club as it would be to assume that there are not people on the other site that are connected with the club. Perhaps they just choose to keep what they know to themselves.

eels81236

Bench
IMO, Beau Henry > Ben Roberts.

Roberts better value immediately but Henry better value in year 3 of a 3 year deal.

boxhead

First Grade
Can the club afford to be looking at blokes being better in three seaons??

Us Eels fans are far too impatient. I talk to a few people and some of them seem to think that it's our god-given right to have a team that finishes in the top four each year.

Expecting success doesn't do anyone any good. It's not so much a matter of time to me but more if the club takes the right option for the right situation, and as far as Beau Henry and Ben Roberts goes, we signed Ben Roberts a while before we would have even known Henry was departing Newcastle. I think Ben Roberts is also a very experienced player and his qualities will complement Chris Sandow.

So I would say that signing Ben Roberts was the better option given the situation.

caylo

Bench
Us Eels fans are far too impatient. I talk to a few people and some of them seem to think that it's our god-given right to have a team that finishes in the top four each year.

Expecting success doesn't do anyone any good. It's not so much a matter of time to me but more if the club takes the right option for the right situation, and as far as Beau Henry and Ben Roberts goes, we signed Ben Roberts a while before we would have even known Henry was departing Newcastle. I think Ben Roberts is also a very experienced player and his qualities will complement Chris Sandow.

So I would say that signing Ben Roberts was the better option given the situation.

I also think that very few teams have two quality halves, most have a dominate half and then a second support or makeshift half.

We have Sandow who will be our halfback fro years to come hopefully. Someone like Roberts will help Sandow who is still very young himself, to stick Beau in the halves with Sandow it may end up being the blind leading the blind with neither overly experienced big game players.

Roberts is without doubt talented and at his best is up there with the best 5-8 in the comp, while he is no benji or lockyer he is just as capable as someone like Wallace. IMO the dogs have lost the plot with signing KK and persisting with him, Roberts is much better then both KK and Hodkinson but Moore must feel he has to justify picking up those two. While both aren't bad players they do not have the attacking prowess of someone like Roberts and Barba has been the focal point in their attack over shadowing Hodgo and KK.

Parraren

Bench
IMO, Beau Henry > Ben Roberts.

Roberts better value immediately but Henry better value in year 3 of a 3 year deal.

It's highly likely Hayne will make the shift to 5/8 in 3 years time.

Hopefully by then young Barba will be ready to take over as fullback.

MrT

Juniors
Barba at fullback I very much doubt. He's too short. Look at his brother Ben. He's been found out badly under the high ball. Don't believe the garbage Stuart said. Hayne can play as a fullback for the rest of his career. He doesn't have the defensive workload so he can concentrate on attack. If Roberts fires he can be re-signed beyond this contract

caylo

Bench
Barba at fullback I very much doubt. He's too short. Look at his brother Ben. He's been found out badly under the high ball. Don't believe the garbage Stuart said. Hayne can play as a fullback for the rest of his career. He doesn't have the defensive workload so he can concentrate on attack. If Roberts fires he can be re-signed beyond this contract

i agree with this sentiment. From what I have seen of Barba he is not a fullback, he just look awkward in his defensive positioning. I think his future is at 5-8 and that means his defense will need to improve but just because your small doesn't mean you can't defend. In 3 years we may see Sandow, Barba and Hayne in the 7, 6 and 1

Parra Pride

Referee
i agree with this sentiment. From what I have seen of Barba he is not a fullback, he just look awkward in his defensive positioning. I think his future is at 5-8 and that means his defense will need to improve but just because your small doesn't mean you can't defend. In 3 years we may see Sandow, Barba and Hayne in the 7, 6 and 1

I personally think Hayne should take over the 2 when Burty retires, that way he isn't out of position. :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Gronk

Staff member
not quite sure how accurate that actually is but Taulima is definitely not off contract, he has another year at Cronulla.

lol he can have 10 years at Cronulla. I don't think he'll be a target

mate, he told me himself that he's got another year...

LOL tautai -> eels. He met with us on Tuesday. See Sunday papers.

Edit http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...the-changes-for-next-year-20110611-1fy2g.html

Iz_an_eel

Juniors
have we signed $BW, Quade Cooper and Serena Williams Yet? also heard were signing Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi for Depth? is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts